crowd for israel game - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

crowd for israel game

thesaint

The article with steve clarke in the sunday mail keeps saying that 35000 tickets have been sold.Looking at the stadium ticket availability ,it seems to me that over 45000  tickets look to have bee sold.Don't see where they are going to fit in another 15000 people.

Not all 52,000 seats will be on sale. Lots of them are held back for corporate freebies and hospitality packages and stuff like that. 5% of seats need to be made available to the Israeli FA (not that they’ll likely need this amount). 

I doubt the SFA would be telling the media they’ve sold less than they have. What would be the advantage of doing that?

The Sunday Mail could be wrong of course. That would hardly be a surprise. There are still 7 or 8 weeks to go so there’s still plenty of time for it to sell out. 

Guest ElChris04

Just got this Ticket email from the SFA a few minutes ago mentioning “over 40k tickets have been sold” giving the reported figures that’s interesting...

5FC73964-92C9-473C-9FB1-136C9FB94700.jpeg

Edited by ElChris04

I suspect the 35-38k figure told to ATAC and Clarke (which was probably mentioned to him a while before he did his interview) was said before a lot of people got their pay day last week, as sections did seem to open up and fill up pretty fast from Thursday-ish last week, and over 40k is a most likely a more true reflection based on current sales and whats available.

2 hours ago, Bonny79 said:

I was bout to buy 2 tickets but the Mrs canny be fcked going through on a Thursday.  TV for me.  

Maybe you should get your baws out of Mrs Bonny’s handbag (assuming she actually exists) and get a ticket for yourself. 

Biggest match for years. You should make it your first ever Scotland game. 

7 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Maybe you should get your baws out of Mrs Bonny’s handbag (assuming she actually exists) and get a ticket for yourself. 

Biggest match for years. You should make it your first ever Scotland game. 

I've been before.  

Tv will be good and can have a beer poops 

Guest ElChris04

Still plenty of time to go and I’m seeing mentioned 41k tickets have been sold. Should be set for a sellout now! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

1 hour ago, ElChris04 said:

Still plenty of time to go and I’m seeing mentioned 41k tickets have been sold. Should be set for a sellout now! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Will definitely be a full house. There’s still payday in February to go.

Even if it doesn’t fully sell out then a crowd of around 48,000 would still be good. I’m sure it will sell out though. 

• 2 weeks later...