Coronavirus - Page 9 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

As Huddersfield said facing a 10-15% mortality rate over one single event is really high. If you catch it above a certain age and have pre existing respiratory problems this poses a serious threat to your life. Most of us face no threat but if you have elderly relatives then a caviler attitude could end up infecting them. 

1 hour ago, phart said:

I'm certainly not as smart as everyone thinks i think i am.

Your view is still incoherent though.

He didn’t say as smart as everyone thinks you are...... we all know you’re IQ’d up to the Sally’s...... he said as smart as you think you are, which is even smarter than we know you are 😜

35 minutes ago, slasher said:

No it's incoherent on its own regardless of how the outbreak processes.

Stating people are "fuds" for being worried is the incoherence. It's just noise without any rational appraisal of the known information. If no one else dies it's still incoherent.

I think my opinion on this is rather more robust than your one above. I imagine you think the latter.

I'm also curious are you Chris? Or is it common parlance amongst Celtic fans, the original quote, that makes me think you are. If you are then it makes the Rossy shit even more funny.

Edited by phart

Just now, ger intae them said:

He didn’t say as smart as everyone thinks you are...... we all know you’re IQ’d up to the Sally’s...... he said as smart as you think you are, which is even smarter than we know you are 😜

I know. But trust me everyone thinks i think i'm smarter than i actually do think i am. I'm the dumbfuck and least accomplished among my close friends. It's been a humbling decade 😛 

1 hour ago, phart said:

Stating people are "fuds" for being worried is the incoherence. It's just noise without any rational appraisal of the known information. If no one else dies it's still incoherent.

I think my opinion on this is rather more robust than your one above. I imagine you think the latter.

I'm also curious are you Chris? Or is it common parlance amongst Celtic fans, the original quote, that makes me think you are. If you are then it makes the Rossy shit even more funny.

There's nothing incoherent in it at all, it's just an opinion and one formed on the basis of known information and with a healthy disregard for the panic spread by the usual suspects. 

I'm not Chris whoever that is, a quick look at my profile would have told you that. But then, like the rest of us you have a bit to learn it seems. 

Nice yanking chains with you however 👍

1 hour ago, phart said:

I'm a bit confused with you and slashers conversation but just to be clear (in case you didn't know) that the tweet from CB last week was taking the piss out of a piece of commentary from the guy from Hun TV after they beat Celtic at the new year.

Slasher isn't Chris (as far as I know anyway!)

23 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

I'm a bit confused with you and slashers conversation but just to be clear (in case you didn't know) that the tweet from CB last week was taking the piss out of a piece of commentary from the guy from Hun TV after they beat Celtic at the new year.

I’m not an Old Firm fan, so I don’t know the ins and outs of the debate - and I’m not looking for a biased history lesson from someone who supports either team - but I thought that word was an offensive sectarian term? (The word in front of the word TV in the post I’ve quoted.)

4 hours ago, thplinth said:

As Huddersfield said facing a 10-15% mortality rate over one single event is really high. If you catch it above a certain age and have pre existing respiratory problems this poses a serious threat to your life. Most of us face no threat but if you have elderly relatives then a caviler attitude could end up infecting them. 

Where does the 10 to 15% come from?

57 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

I’m not an Old Firm fan, so I don’t know the ins and outs of the debate - and I’m not looking for a biased history lesson from someone who supports either team - but I thought that word was an offensive sectarian term? (The word in front of the word TV in the post I’ve quoted.)

🙄

2 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Where does the 10 to 15% come from?

I think he's talking about the over 80's with underlying health problems. 

1 hour ago, dohadeer said:

It may be offensive to them, hopefully it is even, but it isn't sectarian. You won't need a history lesson, just ask one of the fans of the other clubs in the league why they call them it too. 

Or better still, ask the journalist from the Midlands who first gave them the name when they wrecked Wolverhampton.

Or if that still isn't enough then try and work out why people like Neil McCann and Steven Gerrard are huns and why Jock Stein and Danny McGrain are not.

9 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

It may be offensive to them, hopefully it is even, but it isn't sectarian. You won't need a history lesson, just ask one of the fans of the other clubs in the league why they call them it too. 

Or better still, ask the journalist from the Midlands who first gave them the name when they wrecked Wolverhampton.

Or if that still isn't enough then try and work out why people like Neil McCann and Steven Gerrard are huns and why Jock Stein and Danny McGrain are not.

Hahaha, at the risk of being accused of trolling.......

That looks suspiciously like the biased history lesson that I mentioned earlier that I was hoping to avoid!

Whenever I see Old Firm fans using derogatory terms that have nothing to do with football, I assume that the terms must have some sort of sectarian basis behind them.

2 hours ago, slasher said:

There's nothing incoherent in it at all, it's just an opinion and one formed on the basis of known information and with a healthy disregard for the panic spread by the usual suspects. 

I'm not Chris whoever that is, a quick look at my profile would have told you that. But then, like the rest of us you have a bit to learn it seems. 

Nice yanking chains with you however 👍

It is, your quote is people being worried being fuds (i even quote it). Now you're going on about "panic spread by the usual suspects" which is a different thing altogether.

Chris is the Scottish Fighter i mentioned earlier in the thread (see below).

I do have a lot to learn, however I am able to follow the conversation.

11 hours ago, phart said:

Should the 2nd sentence not be the other way around? If it is you're also quoting a tweet from a Scottish Fighter(Celtic fan) from last week.

Considering the transmission rate and the emerging mortality profile some of us have grounds to be worried. I for example am the primary carer for someone in their 90's with respitatory issues.

Edited by phart

Just now, Terry Munro said:

That's your problem then

Trying to do a bit of research now, but I fear I may be going down a rabbit hole. I just always assumed it was a sectarian insult, so was surprised to see it used so brazenly on here. Remember you’re on a Scotland supporters’ forum, not a Celtic one. Surely it’s best to leave club rivalries aside, and err on the side of caution in terms of potentially offensive remarks.

From what I can make out, the SFA have said that it’s an offensive term, and at least one person has been convicted in court of religiously-aggravated breach of the peace, for using the word. (From what I know of Old Firm fans, you will maybe respond by telling me that the SFA are run by Rangers supporters, or something like that?) If the SFA have said it’s an offensive term, then I don’t think we should be using it - anywhere - let alone on a Scotland supporters’ forum.

2 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

Aye that was implied in the follow up posts under the tweet.

I was sort of hoping he was as that would make the Rossy incident even funnier.

I'm just disagreeing with the sentiment that folk worried are fuds. Not that there is folk spreading panic.

6 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

If the SFA have said it’s an offensive term, then I don’t think we should be using it - anywhere - let alone on a Scotland supporters’ forum.

Fucking top quality satire.

Edited by phart

1 minute ago, Ally Bongo said:

Back to the topic

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-51787238

Coronavirus: Northern Italy to 'quarantine 16 million people'

3 weeks ago Italy had 20 cases. Everything is running on a 3 week time-delay (roughly), but like the sun isn't where you think it is cause of the travel time.

Or how some of the stars in the night sky don't exist anymore we just can't see it yet.

32 minutes ago, phart said:

3 weeks ago Italy had 20 cases. Everything is running on a 3 week time-delay (roughly), but like the sun isn't where you think it is cause of the travel time.

Or how some of the stars in the night sky don't exist anymore we just can't see it yet.

Or its global bedwettery

elderly couple exits from the quarantined epicenter to go on holiday in Trentino. They then fall ill and test positive. (no doubt after transferring the virus to umpteen people who then transfer it to others )