Coronavirus - Page 84 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

1 minute ago, Dave78 said:

I realised women were behind it when the first thing the government did was close the pubs.

And the football, all sports in fact... it is all falling into place now. All these men trapped indoors with huge DIY to do list...

3 minutes ago, shaggycoo said:

Wife said the other day she had heard it was something to do with oestrogen!

Ahh... It's the trans lobby behind it. They want us all to self-ID as women, and start taking estrogen supplements.Ā 

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

The great thing about that is that it's a drug that has been around for decades with a well-known history about side effects and stuff. Folk take it a s a prophylactic regularly, so there should be no less issues about "giving it a go". No clinical trials required. Unlike any new vaccine which will have to go through clinical trials even though they will be fast tracked.

Ā 

Angola has a high incidence of malaria, and we were advised to take it as a prophylactic. From memory, I reckon I jacked it in after a week (escaped malarial infection for the six years I was there, but knew plenty of colleagues who didn't). It's not a pill I'd recommend taking as a preventative, but as you say: 'giving it a go' with those who are already infected should be worth a crack.

10 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

Angola has a high incidence of malaria, and we were advised to take it as a prophylactic. From memory, I reckon I jacked it in after a week (escaped malarial infection for the six years I was there, but knew plenty of colleagues who didn't). It's not a pill I'd recommend taking as a preventative, but as you say: 'giving it a go' with those who are already infected should be worth a crack.

I've taken it a few times with no noticalbe side effects. It's usually taken in combination with other malaria drugs as it's only partially effective.Ā 

I did take Larium once, as it was being pushed pretty hard back in the 90s. That turned me into a total zoomer so stopped that after a few days. I'm not sure if that got discontinued because it had so many side ffects?

1 hour ago, Terry Munro said:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/18362247.coronavirus-scotland-orange-order-plan-glasgow-parade-thank-tory-government/

Ā 

6th AprilCoronavirus in Scotland: Orange Order plan Glasgow parade to thank Tory government

By Herald Scotland Online

Coronavirus in Scotland: Orange Order plan Glasgow parade to thank Tory government

The head of Scotlandā€™s Orange Lodge has called for a special march through Glasgow honouring the Conservative governmentā€™s response to the Coronavirus pandemic to be held later this year.

Jim McHarg, Grand Master of the Grand Orange Lodge of Scotland, said Boris Johnsonā€™s government had stepped up to provide a ā€œpackage of support unlike anything we have ever seen beforeā€.

In a statement posted online, Mr McHarg called for a parade in the city in September as a way of thanking frontline NHS workers and politicians for their efforts during the disease outbreak.

READ MORE: Care home staff 'prevented from accessing masks as residents died in outbreak

It came as the Order confirmed the annual July 12 march commemorating the Battle of the Boyne had been cancelled in both Northern Ireland and Scotland.

Mr McFarg said: ā€œAs a Union of nations, the Chancellor has ensured that the support measures he has introduced is there to support all parts of the UK. We remain grateful to be part of the United Kingdom and able to access this invaluable help and support.

"At an appropriate time in the future, we hope to have an event/parade in Glasgow for all of Scotlandā€™s loyal orders, where we can all come together and show our support to the UK Government for everything they have done for us during this terrible time.

"It will be a time to thank them, and the many other services, like our NHS workers and the thousands of others who are still working as hard as ever to keep the nation going.ā€

Christ, Ā if this lot aren't bad enough. They are hijacking this for their own repulsive ends. I'm sure that the likes of my wife, who is a Catholic, just lost her dad to this virus and is an NHS worker will delighted to hear this news.

The sooner this cult self isolates for eternity, the better.

I took malarone when i was in Kenya, had some weird dreams but tbf that's par for the course for me anyway. I'm banned from talking about my dreams from everyone that knows me anyway.

Edited by phart

Guy my uncle golfs with lost both parents to COVD within 48hrs at the weekend. Had been in contact as he was doing their shopping, help care for themĀ etc as they weren't to leave house.

He's had to self isolate and can't go to their funerals. That's grim as fuck.

Same golf club lost a member in early 50s to COVD at the weekend too.

My dad is having to care for my gran who has cancer of the lungsĀ and the thought of her dying and him not being able to attend a funeral is horrendous.

Basically he's giving her palliative care at home.

48 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Guy my uncle golfs with lost both parents to COVD within 48hrs at the weekend. Had been in contact as he was doing their shopping, help care for themĀ etc as they weren't to leave house.

My dad is having to care for my gran who has cancer of the lungsĀ and the thought of her dying and him not being able to attend a funeral is horrendous.

That's absolutely awful mate. My heart goes out to the man.

We are lucky in a way where my wife will get to say goodbye to her dad next Tuesday but other families won't get that opportunity. It's absolutely heartbreaking. I've never known anything like this in what we are facing right now

Edited by King Of Paisley

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

That's awful humper. All the best to you and your family.Ā 

Even though I am going through my own trials at the moment I'm aware that on some levels my family may actually have been lucky to some degree.Ā 

Take care x

6 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I dunno, 55 is getting on a bit and I would guess he hasn't exactly been kind to his body over the years.

His pal says he is fitter than he looks. Plays tennis regularly , jogs every day, doesn't smokeĀ and drinks moderately.Ā 

It would appear he is ā€˜in good spiritsā€™ in ICU , which in itself seems a contradiction in terms. My mum spent over a month in ICU and I cant say I recall any patient being in good spirits during that time.
He doesntĀ have pneumoniaĀ Ā andĀ he doesntĀ need a ventilator. This might sound callous butĀ Ā I doubt any ordinary punterĀ would getĀ a bed in ICU.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

6 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

His pal says he is fitter than he looks. Plays tennis regularly , jogs every day, doesn't smokeĀ and drinks moderately.Ā 

It would appear he is ā€˜in good spiritsā€™ in ICU , which in itself seems a contradiction in terms. My mum spent over a month in ICU and I cant say I recall any patient being in good spirits during that time.
He doesntĀ have pneumoniaĀ Ā andĀ he doesntĀ need a ventilator. This might sound callous butĀ Ā I doubt any ordinary punterĀ would getĀ a bed in ICU.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Aye my dad was in ICU for 3 weeks and was unconscious a lot of it and bewildered the rest of it.

9 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Do folk really fall for this pish that heā€™s in intensive care?

I'd say overall that I think he is. He's 55, looks overweight & seemed to fit the bill early on of someone not taking it too seriously. I think in a busy hospital like St. Thomas', you'd be hard-pressed to pretend that someone like him was in ICU & not get somebody, somewhere, blowing the whistle.

4 hours ago, aaid said:

ā€œI am sure that the Messiah will come and take us out as God took us out of Egypt. We will soon be free and the Messiah will come and save us from all the worldā€™s troubles.ā€

One of the main reasons that almost all Jews rejected the Messiah approx. 2,000 years ago was because they were expecting Him to free them from Roman rule.

The JewsĀ were expecting aĀ conquering king.

So, when Jesus died on the cross theyĀ thought that it couldn't have been Him.

Jesus didn't come to solve the Jews' (or the world's) problems.

He came to conquer death so that we might be reconciled to God.

And He did exactly that.Ā :)

27 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

I'm getting the impression nothing short of his death will change your opinion here.

Ā 

Heā€™ll be in there, sat in a closed unit, surrounded by his people, doors heavily guarded. Live stream to him to enable him to continue to call the shots while the halfwits in this world believe heā€™s lying at deaths door.

Cunt will be likely belting down a deliveroo as I type.

11 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Heā€™ll be in there, sat in a closed unit, surrounded by his people, doors heavily guarded. Live stream to him to enable him to continue to call the shots while the halfwits in this world believe heā€™s lying at deaths door.

Cunt will be likely belting down a deliveroo as I type.

If only everyone were as wise as Macy37

29 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

If only everyone were as wise as Macy37

If someone is in ICU, they are very ill. Given what myself and my family have gone through I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I don't like Johnson, his lies, his buffoonery and the fact he is an incompetent PM, but he or no one deserves this awful disease. But if and when he is well and back on the front line, it should not stop him being asked serious questions about toying with the idea of herd immunity, the lack of testing and provision of proper PPE to name but three.

But people like Macy should wind their fucking necks in. It's almost as bad as some of the right wing bellsniffs I have seen posting on FB trying to score cheap political pointsĀ about how grateful we should be to a prudent Tory Government and heaven forbid if we gained independence in 2014 or had a Corbyn administration in charge

19 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

If someone is in ICU, they are very ill. Given what myself and my family have gone through I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I don't like Johnson, his lies, his buffoonery and the fact he is an incompetent PM, but he or no one deserves this awful disease. But if and when he is well and back on the front line, it should not stop him being asked serious questions about toying with the idea of herd immunity, the lack of testing and provision of proper PPE to name but three.

But people like Macy should wind their fucking necks in. It's almost as bad as some of the right wing bellsniffs I have seen posting on FB trying to score cheap political pointsĀ about how grateful we should be to a prudent Tory Government and heaven forbid if we gained independence in 2014 or had a Corbyn administration in charge

Another one swallowing the scare tactics that are being deployed. Theyā€™re playing the herd like a fiddle. Incredible.

14 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Another one swallowing the scare tactics that are being deployed. Theyā€™re playing the herd like a fiddle. Incredible.

None of us really know whatā€™s going on 100% but having a go or whatever at folk whoā€™ve personally been affected by this is wanker behaviourĀ