Coronavirus - Page 82 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

1 minute ago, slasher said:

The more I hear about this virus and it gets closer to home the more that I feel that (a) there is information that they are not telling us or, equally as likely (b) there is much they don't know about this virus. šŸ¤”

I think both are a given. This virus has only been around for a few months, every day appears to be a schoolday with it.

Ā 

3 minutes ago, slasher said:

The more I hear about this virus and it gets closer to home the more that I feel that (a) there is information that they are not telling us or, equally as likely (b) there is much they don't know about this virus. šŸ¤”

I now personally know several people who have it at various stages, includingĀ just recovering. Won't be in any stats though.

Scary sh*t !

1 hour ago, phart said:

the odds might be as bad as 50/50 on survival , although probably higher as he will have been moved as a precaution in case he needs ventillation. However that's assuming everything released to the press is accurate.

It would be a shame if there wasn't enough ventilators to give him oneĀ 

48 minutes ago, aaid said:

Given that at 5 o'clock, the line was that he'd been taken in for precautionary tests, he was in good spiris andĀ had been working from his hospital bed its safe to assume that everything being realised to the press is *not* accurate.Ā 

Russia were reporting at 5pm he had been admitted into icu, they heavily denied it and more or less accused Russia of making up stories for political gain. I have a feeling heā€™s very close to passing away.Ā 

7 minutes ago, fringo said:

I now personally know several people who have it at various stages, includingĀ just recovering. Won't be in any stats though.

Scary sh*t !

Ive heard of 2 friends of friends who have passed away yesterday & today from it.Ā 

As a side note given what's been posted previously I wanted everyone to know that we buried my mum today. There were just four of us at the cemetery, practising social distancing. It was surreal and unnatural and I can only hope that we will be able to do it properly in the future.Ā 

There are some wonderful people in this world though. The priest who attended was fantastic and the taxi driver who picked up my Dad helped him in and out of the car with no thought for himself, refused any payment and said he was proud to have been involved.Ā 

5 minutes ago, slasher said:

As a side note given what's been posted previously I wanted everyone to know that we buried my mum today. There were just four of us at the cemetery, practising social distancing. It was surreal and unnatural and I can only hope that we will be able to do it properly in the future.Ā 

There are some wonderful people in this world though. The priest who attended was fantastic and the taxi driver who picked up my Dad helped him in and out of the car with no thought for himself, refused any payment and said he was proud to have been involved.Ā 

Sorry to hear that, Slasher and God bless you and your family.

Take care of yourself and you are right, there are some good people out there.

All the best pal!

8 minutes ago, slasher said:

Fecking hell . Very sorry slasher.

Horrible thing at any time but particularly under current circumstances withĀ the funeral restrictions.

All the best to you all.

12 minutes ago, slasher said:

Really sorry to hear that. Thatā€™s such a terrible situation & sympathies to you & your family.Ā 

21 minutes ago, slasher said:

I share your pain mate. 5am this morning I lost my father in law to this awful disease. Fought like a lion to try and hang on but it was a battle he couldn't win. You have my deepest sympathy mate. Stay safe

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Take care.

On 4/5/2020 at 1:19 AM, shunkyboy and the fluffer said:

That's not very Christian.Ā 

Apologies.Ā 

I never took the time to read it properly.

On 4/4/2020 at 4:32 PM, shunkyboy and the fluffer said:

I love a good conspiracy theory...

Predictive programming:

From 'End Of Days: Predictions and Prophecies About The End Of The World' a 2008 book by self-professed psychic Sylvia Browne.

Fake-605x340.jpg

FromĀ Dean Koontz's novel "The Eyes of Darkness"Ā first published in 1981.

25291460-8053063-image-m-23_158284091608

The virus was originally called 'Gorki-400', after the Russian city where Koontz originally wrote the bioweapons lab.

After the Soviet Union fell in 1991, Koontz apparently changed later editions to make China the villain.Ā 

Sylvia Browne wrote several books predicting the future, amongst 40 odd books about paranormal, predictions, psychic and other pish. Her 'work' was often criticised for being fiction dressed as fact, she was a convicted serial fraudster, she told people that their relatives were dead, whenĀ they were alive, she identified potential criminals as being the wrong race, weight etc

Also, the bit that you are chugging at isn't even accurate is it.

God fearing wankers who feel the need to twist anything to fit their narrow uneducated narrative, its fucking shocking that while people are passing away, you want to get a kick out of it.Ā Scotty, as a Christian, why are you such aĀ despicable cunt?

Ā 

9 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Itā€™s being reported that Boris had a persistent cough as a symptom. Heā€™s spoken on several occasions recently for several minutes without even a slightest of throat clearing.Ā 
Ā 

Amazing.Ā 

Symptoms can develop though. I have my suspicions though. I suppose that's down to Johnson being pretty adept at avoiding scrutiny and wanting to control the narrative at all times. It would be incredible if any of the press called him out though. These days the media are utterly compliant in allowing politicians and their advisers to run the show.Ā 

21 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Symptoms can develop though. I have my suspicions though. I suppose that's down to Johnson being pretty adept at avoiding scrutiny and wanting to control the narrative at all times. It would be incredible if any of the press called him out though. These days the media are utterly compliant in allowing politicians and their advisers to run the show.Ā 

Next will be a faster than average departure from ICU followed by a ā€œpress conferenceā€ from him from his bed with a blue goony on. Mark my words, it has Boris written all over it. Scare tactics at its finest.

3 hours ago, kumnio said:

Sylvia Browne wrote several books predicting the future, amongst 40 odd books about paranormal, predictions, psychic and other pish. Her 'work' was often criticised for being fiction dressed as fact, she was a convicted serial fraudster, she told people that their relatives were dead, whenĀ they were alive, she identified potential criminals as being the wrong race, weight etc

Also, the bit that you are chugging at isn't even accurate is it.

God fearing wankers who feel the need to twist anything to fit their narrow uneducated narrative, its fucking shocking that while people are passing away, you want to get a kick out of it.Ā Scotty, as a Christian, why are you such aĀ despicable cunt?

Ā 

Totally uncalled for.Ā 

4 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Apologies.Ā 

I never took the time to read it properly.

Predictive programming:

From 'End Of Days: Predictions and Prophecies About The End Of The World' a 2008 book by self-professed psychic Sylvia Browne.

Fake-605x340.jpg

FromĀ Dean Koontz's novel "The Eyes of Darkness"Ā first published in 1981.

25291460-8053063-image-m-23_158284091608

Pandemics are like buses eye- I've only just recovered from being kept in the shed whilst the bacterial fungus was being tazered off my arse so hopefully this one passes me by.Ā 

10 hours ago, slasher said:

They just said Raab has taken over 'some' of the PM's duties. So, who is looking after the rest? Johnson can't be holding on to some powers while in intensive care? Have the military briefed Raab on the nuclear sub commands?Ā 

Also curious it's over 12 hours since he went into ICU, no new news.Ā 

Where is Cummings? Not seen for 10 days, running down Downing St?Ā 

Ā 

Edited by exile

10 hours ago, slasher said:

It's only existed in humans for less than 3 months (so they sayĀ ;)). That's not very long to study a virus, so there will be loads of stuff they don't know about it. WeĀ have known about flu and other viruses for decades and there is a huge amount we don't know about them. We will never know everything about anything. That's just how science works.Ā 

Ā 

Some countriesĀ seem to be getting a grip on it now. S. Korea being a good example.Ā https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/south-korea/

Even overall it seems to be slowing down.Ā https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-cases/#daily-cases

Might be a bit premature but i think there might be a small light at the end of the tunnel for the first time. (Probably a train.)

It is going to go by country now - with some becoming relative islands where the virus is under control - possibly surrounded by other countries where it is not.

This really demonstrates the importance of borders and the ability to the lock them down if need be. There are like firebreaks. Japan even now did not go into lockdown but they did pretty much close their borders earlyĀ I understand. That was the key I would guess. Close the borders and then aggressively contain it from within. You have to take the numbers with a pinch of salt but China has only just over a thousand active cases at this point. They are close to eradicating it near enough (as much as that is possible at least). They are finding it is folk coming to China now who are the main risks. Two weeks quarantine in a hotel room if you go there (which you have to pay for).

Edited by thplinth

2 hours ago, macy37 said:

Next will be a faster than average departure from ICU followed by a ā€œpress conferenceā€ from him from his bed with a blue goony on. Mark my words, it has Boris written all over it. Scare tactics at its finest.

I reckon he's a gonner.