Coronavirus - Page 397 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

I am not Ian Blackfordā€™s biggest fan but thought he was quite good today. Operation Dogs Dinner šŸ˜‚

Ā 

I heard the BBC radio Scotland report this, I think they summarised that Blackford had criticised Johnson then played a substantial clip of Johnson's response.Ā  So they managed to reproduce Johnsons' grandiose claims about how good the UK was.

I also note Johnson's blatant, uncorrected lie that the UK had the best vaccination record (in Europe). No wonder some people still think the UK had a great pandemic, some people must believe Johnson, or whatever they want to believe.

23 minutes ago, exile said:

I heard the BBC radio Scotland report this, I think they summarised that Blackford had criticised Johnson then played a substantial clip of Johnson's response.Ā  So they managed to reproduce Johnsons' grandiose claims about how good the UK was.

I also note Johnson's blatant, uncorrected lie that the UK had the best vaccination record (in Europe). No wonder some people still think the UK had a great pandemic, some people must believe Johnson, or whatever they want to believe.

My issue with Blackford is he tends to act a bit theatrical at times and overegg a speech, you can guarantee that if today was one of those times the BBC would have been all over it to make him look pompous. He was good today so I am not surprised he was cut short.

People tend to Ā believe whatever suits their agenda but I really hope Ā that anyone on the fence will see that apart from showing nothing but disdain for Blackford , Johnsonā€™s replies were utter horse shit and not even relevant to the questions.
Stephen Kinnock asked him if he agreed Douglas Ross was a lightweight and he refused to answer, going off on a ramble about the union. Ā 

Ā 

13 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

My issue with Blackford is he tends to act a bit theatrical at times and overegg a speech, you can guarantee that if today was one of those times the BBC would have been all over it to make him look pompous. He was good today so I am not surprised he was cut short.

Ā 

Ā 

I saw a description of him recently to the effect that he came over like a minister preaching from the pulpit which I thought was pretty accurate.Ā 

1 hour ago, aaid said:

I saw a description of him recently to the effect that he came over like a minister preaching from the pulpit which I thought was pretty accurate.Ā 

Yes it is accurate.Ā 

Hope it didnā€™t suggest he was preaching Ā to his flock of SNP sheep šŸ™„

18 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Yes it is accurate.Ā 

Hope it didnā€™t suggest he was preaching Ā to his flock of SNP sheep šŸ™„

No, it wasnā€™t from an Alba supporteršŸ˜‰

They were drawing comparisons between him and Starmerā€™s lawyerly style.Ā 

12 hours ago, exile said:

They also seem to be using the line that they may have got some things wrong but they have got all the big decisions right šŸ˜³šŸ˜‚

11 hours ago, Lamia said:

They also seem to be using the line that they may have got some things wrong but they have got all the big decisions right šŸ˜³šŸ˜‚

Their 2 "big wins" seem to be (1) Vaccines - which every Euripean country has, some better than UK; and (2) the most liberal regime in terms of fewest restrictions (= fewest protections)

But somewhat undermined by having one of the worst, or worst, mortality rates.

19 hours ago, Orraloon said:

He's more like a child who has been caught stealing sweeties from the corner shop.

I thought it was Johnson who looked like the naughty schoolboy yesterday, bobbing his head as if mocking the teacher

On 1/19/2022 at 6:41 PM, TDYER63 said:

When it cuts to the bit with him making childish faces it beggars belief. To think this person is running the UK is frightening.Ā 

I remember Blackford called Boris racist, it was 2019 just after his post box comments about Muslim women.Ā 

The Tories jeered Blackford and the speaker reprimanded Blackford for nothing more than telling the truth

Here it is

https://fb.watch/aHXFbellvG/

Edited by vanderark14

Seemingly healthy people could have an underlying condition that hasn't surfaced and I assume they are not doing post mortems on everyone that has died

Geneology must be at work as well

Ā 

6 hours ago, ger intae them said:

when are you going to move on from trying to stop infections?

i really think that weā€™re by that phaseā€¦ā€¦although pacific islands might not be.

Who is trying to stop infections. Everyone knows that itā€™s not possible

Looks like Omicron sublineage BA.2 is going to take over from Omicron BA.1. It's spreading fast in Denmark and already here in the UK.Ā 

Hopefully it proves to be milder than BA.1, but we will just have to wait and see. There doesn't seem to be any evidence yet that it is any more severe.

Ā 

33 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Looks like Omicron sublineage BA.2 is going to take over from Omicron BA.1. It's spreading fast in Denmark and already here in the UK.Ā 

Hopefully it proves to be milder than BA.1, but we will just have to wait and see. There doesn't seem to be any evidence yet that it is any more severe.

Ā 

Dr Campbell will let us knowĀ 

22 hours ago, Lamia said:

Who is trying to stop infections. Everyone knows that itā€™s not possible

Last year NS was going on about zero covid. It was never gonna happen. Just look at oz and nz. Never ending lockdowns as very little community transmission and covid isnt going anywhere. Not sure why folk thought it would. Vaccination is the only way out this and thankfully we have one of theĀ  biggest vaccine uptake anywhere in the world.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Last year NS was going on about zero covid. It was never gonna happen. Just look at oz and nz. Never ending lockdowns as very little community transmission and covid isnt going anywhere. Not sure why folk thought it would. Vaccination is the only way out this and thankfully we have one of theĀ  biggest vaccine uptake anywhere in the world.

Scotland and Northern Ireland

Scotland, led by its devolved government, pursued an "elimination" COVID-19 strategy starting from April 2020.[80] The Scottish government's approach diverged with that of the central British government in April 2020, after a UK-wide lockdown began being lifted. Scotland pursued a slower approach to lifting the lockdown than other nations of the UK, and expanded a "test and trace" system.[80] Although Northern Ireland also pursued the strategy[5][81] and Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon advocated for the approach to be adopted by the whole of the UK,[81] the central British government pursued a different mitigation strategy that applied to England, with commentators noting that this combined with an open Anglo-Scottish border could undermine Scotland's attempts at elimination.[82][5][83]

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I was asking who on here. Plus itā€™s not last year now.Ā