Coronavirus - Page 37 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

That could be all round the village by now. Pubs would be a real focal point for spreading and then distributing it.

Talk is they do not know if he already had it ahead on Friday, or did he catch it when he was rushed into hospital on Sat morning as a result of his pneumonia.

Only is two pubs in the village, but with all the bad weather we have been having of late, me and my family have been staying in a lot of late. 

14 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

A report suggested folk were buying sma baby formula to use in their coffee as it will last longer than milk. 

Popped into tescos at lunch time, and were certainly a lot more (older!) people buying baby formula than usual (but it was not flying off the shelves).

40 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Talk is they do not know if he already had it ahead on Friday, or did he catch it when he was rushed into hospital on Sat morning as a result of his pneumonia.

Only is two pubs in the village, but with all the bad weather we have been having of late, me and my family have been staying in a lot of late. 

I know WK. Used to visit relatives there regularly growing up. I guess the Tavern (has a new name now) and the Kings are the two left. Hopefully this does not end up as a 'cluster'. If you hear anymore post it on here if you can.

56 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

A report suggested folk were buying sma baby formula to use in their coffee as it will last longer than milk. 

I've read this a half dozen times now, thankfully without much evidence. Really hoping it's one of those things that's been posted on Facebook and grown arms and legs.

1 minute ago, thplinth said:

I know WK. Used to visit relatives there regularly growing up. I guess the Tavern (has a new name now) and the Kings are the two left. Hopefully this does not end up as a 'cluster'. If you hear anymore post it on here if you can.

Twa' Dugs.... (wife a bit paranoid just now as she was in there for a drink on Saturday night.... thankfully none of our household is showing any signs.... touch wood!)

Guy who died apparently was never out of the golf club bar, so being members only that might contain it to a degree (biggest shock in the town is the Hyrdro not closing... wife phoned up to cancel her gym membership last night and they really tried to talk her out of it, before agreeing to a 4 month "hold" on her membership.... even my eldest daughters swimming class was only canceled at the 11th hour).

4 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

I've read this a half dozen times now, thankfully without much evidence. Really hoping it's one of those things that's been posted on Facebook and grown arms and legs.

Apparently it's Romanians who steal your dug at Braehead then leave a mark with chalk outside your house so they can raid your baby formula at night.

14 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Twa' Dugs.... (wife a bit paranoid just now as she was in there for a drink on Saturday night.... thankfully none of our household is showing any signs.... touch wood!)

Guy who died apparently was never out of the golf club bar, so being members only that might contain it to a degree (biggest shock in the town is the Hyrdro not closing... wife phoned up to cancel her gym membership last night and they really tried to talk her out of it, before agreeing to a 4 month "hold" on her membership.... even my eldest daughters swimming class was only canceled at the 11th hour).

Cheers. My fear is some folk were going to the pubs and the golf club. Having such a limited choice sort of concentrates people from all over the village. Fingers crossed it comes to nothing.

17 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Cheers. My fear is some folk were going to the pubs and the golf club. Having such a limited choice sort of concentrates people from all over the village. Fingers crossed it comes to nothing.

Most the golf club crowd only go between the club and the Hydro (Seamill House hotel has been dead on its arse for months now.... but was closed for a private party on Saturday night) or drink at home, so the hope is its rather contained (if at all in the town).... Twa' Dugs is a much younger crowd, and the Tavern has been dead due to the lack of sports, so customers can not yo-yo between it and the bookies across the road.

With the golf club closed and the cleaners in gutting the place, think everywhere else in the village will close (the Chinese Restaurant closed last week claiming it was due to the virus, but everyone knows its because they were expecting a visit from the H&S people any day now with a number of folk getting food poising over recent months).

Edited by wanderer

3 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

when the pubs do re-open ; with all the churchill/war footing talk ; baby formula being rationed...... am thinking there will be VC day type celebrations by the avocado and toast mob

Don't know but I  do reckon the atmosphere at the football grounds will be electric for the first games back

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Grim - my gran who's 89 has lung cancer and I'm dreading the cases ramping up here and her catching it as it would end her. Basically only my dad and aunt taking her food now as she is still well enough to live at home. My sister went to visit her at the weekend with my baby niece as it might be last time she get's to see her for a long time, if at all.

Can't imagine how folk feel with worse circumstances, as my families situation is pretty trivial in the wider scale.

An old mate of mine that i used to run about with in London was saying that he may never see his Dad again as he has dementia and other underlying issues and he can't get back up here to see him. Stories like that will be replicated up and down the country, it's beyond grim.

1 hour ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Yip, but seeing the behaviour of several people, it wouldn’t surprise me at all. 

9 minutes ago, Mox said:

An old mate of mine that i used to run about with in London was saying that he may never see his Dad again as he has dementia and other underlying issues and he can't get back up here to see him. Stories like that will be replicated up and down the country, it's beyond grim.

My Grunny is due for an operation on her eye next week. They still reckon it will go ahead, but the end result isn’t worth thinking about really. 

18 hours ago, slasher said:

I had to visit Hairmyres hospital tonight to say goodbye to my terminally ill mum. (not corona related) It was an eerie experience with the place on lockdown and the doomsday feel wasn't helped by the army trucks we saw in Motherwell on the way home. 

Ive implored my wife to stay home from work and she's finally agreed. Everyone should stay at home if they can for now..... not possible for all I know. Good luck to everybody and try to stay positive 👍

That's horrible, pal.  :(  All the best to you and yours.

18 hours ago, slasher said:

It's worse for my Dad. He's 92 and a worry himself but fiercely proud and independent. Imagine being married for 63 years and not being able to be together at the end. Absolutely fuckin horrific. She told me to get home tonight and look after my family 😢

Words won’t make any difference to how you feel but sorry for your loss and the circumstances around it. 

19 hours ago, slasher said:

It's worse for my Dad. He's 92 and a worry himself but fiercely proud and independent. Imagine being married for 63 years and not being able to be together at the end. Absolutely fuckin horrific. She told me to get home tonight and look after my family 😢

Absolutely horrible slasher, condolences. All the best. 

7 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'm not one for these things but at the end of this, I'd love a beer with the guys on this thread, Something to look forward to - doesn't even have to be before a Scotland game as we all have our pals that we go to games with.

Can be a night/afternoon in Glasgow/Edinburgh or wherever and just chew the fat over a pint or 8.  This forum could be a place of refuge for many in the coming weeks when things at home etc get on top and folk just need 15 mins to chill!

Thank you so much for all the DM's and messages of support. I appear to have run out of up votes for today however be assured I appreciate the sentiment behind every one of them. Thank you so much ❤️

I especially liked the post above. I can think of nothing better humper! 

Edited by slasher

My wife's due a baby in 3/4 weeks so trying to keep her at the house and away from the public at the moment as shes also had a previous illness that has weakened her immune system and she has had lung/asthma problems in relation to this. Unfortunately it seems that the baby will be born around the peek of the virus here. 

Edited by iainmac1

21 hours ago, slasher said:

I had to visit Hairmyres hospital tonight to say goodbye to my terminally ill mum. (not corona related) It was an eerie experience with the place on lockdown and the doomsday feel wasn't helped by the army trucks we saw in Motherwell on the way home. 

Ive implored my wife to stay home from work and she's finally agreed. Everyone should stay at home if they can for now..... not possible for all I know. Good luck to everybody and try to stay positive 👍

Really sorry to read this.