Coronavirus - Page 316 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

3 hours ago, biffer said:

I'm going to the cricket in Nottingham tomorrow. 20,000 people (full capacity), no distancing, bars and food stalls all open. 

Enjoy. maybe not the cricket as it's pish but enjoy the rest! 

Think i'm gonna go down to a Leeds game soon just to get to a game of football without daft restrictions that make fuck all sense. 

Interested to know what guidelines will be in place for determining capacity now. 1m distancing requirement is obviously gone and you would hope/expect that this was the main constraint on capacity for us and other stadiums around the country. 

With that in mind, the 5k limit is not driven by distancing. Hopefully it is simply for clubs to demonstrate reasonable efforts for hygiene, controlled entry/exit, and mask wearing to toilets, food stalls, etc.

Given that old firm have had 20k+ crowds with 1m distancing, there should be nothing to stop every club now having full houses above 5k. Demonstrating health & safety best endeavours to local authorities should be a formality if they play it right and LA’s don’t go overboard with their power. 

6 hours ago, glasgow jock said:

Saturday was the first i've seen him in the flesh - absolutely dreadful, don't know why Danny Lennon signed him, he played him as the main striker & moved David Goodwillie (the best striker in the country outwith the premier league) out wide to accommodate him, utterly baffling.

To be fair to the big man, he tries hard and might occasionally do something to make you think there is a footballer in there. But having watched most Dumbarton game last season I can tell you there definitely isn’t!

I agree on Goodwillie, a huge threat when played in the right position. Lennon appears to have lost the plot.

Good luck for the rest of the season, and apologies to everyone else for taking the thread off at a tangent.

42 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

I Demonstrating health & safety best endeavours to local authorities should be a formality if they play it right and LA’s don’t go overboard with their power. 

Given the examples of the last week in Edinburgh and Ayrshire compared to Glasgow and Lanarkshire, then i think the last bit is exactly what will happen. 

2 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

Interested to know what guidelines will be in place for determining capacity now. 1m distancing requirement is obviously gone and you would hope/expect that this was the main constraint on capacity for us and other stadiums around the country. 

With that in mind, the 5k limit is not driven by distancing. Hopefully it is simply for clubs to demonstrate reasonable efforts for hygiene, controlled entry/exit, and mask wearing to toilets, food stalls, etc.

Given that old firm have had 20k+ crowds with 1m distancing, there should be nothing to stop every club now having full houses above 5k. Demonstrating health & safety best endeavours to local authorities should be a formality if they play it right and LA’s don’t go overboard with their power. 

Aye it's just control for control sake. I can say with 100% certainty that going to the pub is significantly higher risk that going to a capacity Rugby Park. 

If it was really risk based we'd still have the pubs closed and we would have had a full hampden at the Euros. 

Not that I want the pubs closed right enough! I'm more pointing out that football is getting a hard ride for no reason. 

Edited by Morrisandmoo

36 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Also the fact we are still flirting with vaccine passports is a disgrace. 

I actually have no issue with that if it’s gets full crowds back and ends all this continuous crap that has really ended at all today 

36 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Aye it's just control for control sake. I can say with 100% certainty that going to the pub is significantly higher risk that going to a capacity Rugby Park. 

If it was really risk based we'd still have the pubs closed and we would have had a full hampden at the Euros. 

Not that I want the pubs closed right enough! I'm more pointing out that football is getting a hard ride for no reason. 

Unfortunately it’s never that black and white. As much as people try to make it so. 

Generally speaking, a football match may be safer than a pub. But within a pub, the general seating area is likely to be able to be better ventilated than say the toilet. But we have people complaining today that you shouldn’t have to wear a mask. Then people compare to the outdoor nature of a football stadium and think it should be a free for all but it ignores the enclosed concourses, food kiosk areas and toilets. 

It is frustrating but I hope that the latest announcement is more about ensure that appropriate risk mitigation is learned quickly and implemented by clubs, as opposed to local authorities flexing their muscles to act as a unsurmountable barrier. 

11 minutes ago, biffer said:

From everything I’ve read, the concern isn’t the number of people at events, it’s the public transport, choke points like toilets and catering, etc. 

Who would have thought it would be more nuanced as "well it's outside".

52 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

Unfortunately it’s never that black and white. As much as people try to make it so. 

Generally speaking, a football match may be safer than a pub. But within a pub, the general seating area is likely to be able to be better ventilated than say the toilet. But we have people complaining today that you shouldn’t have to wear a mask. Then people compare to the outdoor nature of a football stadium and think it should be a free for all but it ignores the enclosed concourses, food kiosk areas and toilets. 

It is frustrating but I hope that the latest announcement is more about ensure that appropriate risk mitigation is learned quickly and implemented by clubs, as opposed to local authorities flexing their muscles to act as a unsurmountable barrier. 

I'm not saying going to the football is risk-free. I'm saying going to the football is lower risk than going to the pub. At least the pubs that I've been to over the last few months. Maybe the pubs you've been going to are better ventilated (and less mental) than the one's I've been to.

55 minutes ago, DAVIDB46 said:

I actually have no issue with that if it’s gets full crowds back and ends all this continuous crap that has really ended at all today 

Nah that's how they get you man. We should'n't be tempted to sign up to unethical  measures as a condition of freedoms being returned to us. 

Passports are an unnecessary and disproportionate measure, given vaccination rates, which will result in social disharmony and in particular the further exclusion of black and poor people from society. 

They are (in substance) punitive, rather than protective, measures and this government should know better. 

So having noughts flights and booked a hotel for the Moldova game. The SFA now have to ask permission for a full house at Hampden?

Utter bollocks. Abdication of responsibility in this instance from the SG. Kick the can down the road to the councils.

I would hope that the SFA apply for a full 52k capacity. What reason would the council say no?

J

22 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

I'm not saying going to the football is risk-free. I'm saying going to the football is lower risk than going to the pub. At least the pubs that I've been to over the last few months. Maybe the pubs you've been going to are better ventilated (and less mental) than the one's I've been to.

Nah that's how they get you man. We should'n't be tempted to sign up to unethical  measures as a condition of freedoms being returned to us. 

Passports are an unnecessary and disproportionate measure, given vaccination rates, which will result in social disharmony and in particular the further exclusion of black and poor people from society. 

They are (in substance) punitive, rather than protective, measures and this government should know better. 

Although they have “got you” as well with this ridiculous continuation of masks as a form of control. 

1 minute ago, DAVIDB46 said:

Although they have “got you” as well with this ridiculous continuation of masks as a form of control. 

Aye, but it doesn't pose an ethical dilemma for me. It's just an inconvenience. Appreciate some folk feel more strongly about this than I do. 

11 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Aye, but it doesn't pose an ethical dilemma for me. It's just an inconvenience. Appreciate some folk feel more strongly about this than I do. 

My major issue with it now you will have kids maybe 18 months old now only know seeing half a face in their development which is tragic .

they have no place in a civilised society and their worth has proved nothing . don’t forget spring 20 to summer 20 the first few months of this , there were no masks and no vaccine and cases fell.

I can see someone one of the big nightclubs industry chains challenging them in court to be honest .

7 minutes ago, DAVIDB46 said:

don’t forget spring 20 to summer 20 the first few months of this , there were no masks and no vaccine and cases fell.

I think masks came in july 24th 2020 for shops, it was June 15th for public transport and NHS facilities. However before that there was a host of NPI's in that period from 23rd of March 2020 when lockdown was enacted and 15th of June when first opening of non-essential shops.

Cases fell cause of the lockdown. We aren't operating in the same conditions atm. We're also no longer on the original strain either so it's apples and oranges anyway.

This is now the god knows how many iteration of this sort of simplistic reasoning during the pandemic. We've had casedemic nonsense, hydrochloroquine, false positives, lockdown causes deaths, now we have facemasks cause tragic development issues.

Just absolute unevidenced mumbo-jumbo. Just saying anything to try and get your own way regardless of it';s relationship with reality.

3 hours ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Incorrect, we’re all infact raging hooligans that can’t be trusted to behave like adults 🙄

12 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

So having noughts flights and booked a hotel for the Moldova game. The SFA now have to ask permission for a full house at Hampden?

Utter bollocks. Abdication of responsibility in this instance from the SG. Kick the can down the road to the councils.

I would hope that the SFA apply for a full 52k capacity. What reason would the council say no?

J

GCC look like they are going to allow capacity crowds next week for all clubs in their area. 

Hopefully all councils do likewise. 

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

GCC look like they are going to allow capacity crowds next week for all clubs in their area. 

Hopefully all councils do likewise. 

Yea, I’ve slept on the announcement and until I see clubs getting knocked back I’ll remain calm.

J