Coronavirus - Page 314 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus


Recommended Posts

Scottish numbers apart from ICU seem to have pretty much peaked and ICU and deaths being the last of the lagging indicators that is to be expected. Obviously a material change in the rules might change that and as the background conditions change the numbers might change.

Good news is deaths as a percentage of cases is a lot lower now, not so great news hospitalisations were still high enough to severely disrupt medical care. We seem to have hit an uptake problem with vaccines so not close to herd immunity at all if we assume a R0 for Delta variant.

As i said earlier i did notice a remarkably different picture from a week ago when i went in to do shopping. Whether that was to do with the freedm day rhetoric or just cause of holidays and it being such good weather etc impossible to say.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Enjoyed being back at the football last night, saw a lot of folk i've not seen for well over a year.

Hopefully get a 5000+ capacity allowed when we play Ayr a week on monday. Shame, as there would have been 11-12,000+ at that easy with no restrictions. 

Game when we play them at New Year will have a massive crowd at RP. 

Toronto FC had their first fans (7,000) in for a home game last Saturday.

Tonight they'll be welcoming 15,000 fans. 😊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is it just me who don't believe England's testing data. It often makes no sense and it just seem to dropped in a way I simply don't believe. I know the football has been having an impact but that effect doesn't just reduce overnight and we are still under two weeks after the Euros final

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, phart said:

 

You would have to be a complete and utter fucktard to think that lockdowns cause deaths.

You can just imagine the cause of death on the death certificate - sitting in the house, watching the telly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, tartandon said:

You would have to be a complete and utter fucktard to think that lockdowns cause deaths.

You can just imagine the cause of death on the death certificate - sitting in the house, watching the telly

Just look at James Melville on twitter for that idiot!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/21/2021 at 3:01 PM, killiefaetheferry said:

To be fair to Ayr, they turn up for the derby. Filled the away end in the Mehdi cup game. Always a fantastic atmosphere. 

Gonna miss the game next Monday as in Ibiza but my lad will be there with my brother supporting the super Ayr.  The game on the 2nd of January will be a big thing. Ayr fans will be there in numbers  me included if rules allow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, shunkyboy and the fluffer said:

Gonna miss the game next Monday as in Ibiza but my lad will be there with my brother supporting the super Ayr.  The game on the 2nd of January will be a big thing. Ayr fans will be there in numbers  me included if rules allow.

There will be no away fans next week.

Weve just under 4000 season ticket holders and once they are sorted there will be very few tickets in restricted crowd

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/21/2021 at 10:41 AM, phart said:

It does seem to be a lot higher than it should if you just do a direct compairson with the general populations prevalence. I've no idea about all the other confounding variables though so I have no idea what the story is.

 

I went the shopping for my gran yesterday and it was mobbed, folk just walking about browsing shit which i'd never really seen before. Some dude walking about with no mask on and this huge gaudy lanyard which i assume was his I can't wear a mask badge thing which is fair enough. He was however in front of me at the kosk bit and bought 40 fags, which had me wondering what conditon can one have that it's alright to smoke fags but gives you a medical exemption against a mask. I suppose i could have asked him.

Probably got COPD from smoking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am curious to know what people do if they catch Covid 19 on holiday and their holiday booking ends? Are people travelling home with Covid? 🤔Think I know the answer to that.

I just don't know how you are meant to go on holiday with that possibility.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Still not convinced are freedoms are on the way.

Sister is in Blackpool as says everyone is getting on and enjoying life and making their own decisions , masks seem to have gone from society there.

Reading someone’s comments in the herald saying people enjoying beach life at english beaches  whereas we are still living in some kind of third world communist type set up here.

Is sturgeon going to let people make their own choices in life again. I think we know the answer to that one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lamia said:

I am curious to know what people do if they catch Covid 19 on holiday and their holiday booking ends? Are people travelling home with Covid? 🤔Think I know the answer to that.

I just don't know how you are meant to go on holiday with that possibility.

You mean abroad or in general terms?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DAVIDB46 said:

 

Is sturgeon going to let people make their own choices in life again. I think we know the answer to that one.

Nope, can only get 3,700 into a 18,000 seater stadium on Monday for the Ayrshire Derby, so i think we are miles off. Can't see nightclubs here be open anytime soon, she'll wait until they are all bust before letting that happen. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, DAVIDB46 said:

Still not convinced are freedoms are on the way.

Sister is in Blackpool as says everyone is getting on and enjoying life and making their own decisions , masks seem to have gone from society there.

Reading someone’s comments in the herald saying people enjoying beach life at english beaches  whereas we are still living in some kind of third world communist type set up here.

Is sturgeon going to let people make their own choices in life again. I think we know the answer to that one.

😂😂 I think you need to get a grip on reality

I live in England and recently visited scotland for two weeks.............I went to the beach in Scotland, we had a great day. The beach was very busy too and the cafe was packed. I had to wear a mask till I was sat down, that was the only restriction in place

communist type set up? aye ok

 

 

Edited by vanderark14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

😂😂 I think you need to get a grip on reality

I live in England and recently visited scotland for two weeks.............I went to the beach in Scotland, we had a great day. The beach was very busy too and the cafe was packed. I had to wear a mask till I was sat down, that was the only restriction in place

communist type set up? aye ok

 

 

I don't have any gripes with every day life like that but when you can only get 2000 in a stadium without a special request, can't open nightclubs, can't have gigs, can't have outdoor festivals and aren't allowed to dance at weddings for example than we are miles off being anything like normal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And dont even start me on slots 1hr 30 mins before KO to access a football stadium that is 20% capacity, with no food kiosks being allowed open due to these daft rules. 

If Nicola Sturgeon can explain to me why it's unsafe for somebody to get a pie a the football but okay for Rugby Fans to get a pint at HT at a Lions game then she can be my guest. 

And she has the cheek to talk about folks intelligence!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

I don't have any gripes with every day life like that but when you can only get 2000 in a stadium without a special request, can't open nightclubs, can't have gigs, can't have outdoor festivals and aren't allowed to dance at weddings for example than we are miles off being anything like normal. 

What is it, another two weeks and all those things are likely to happen? 

Who's to say England is doing it right? I'm not totally comfortable with how things are going in England, its a free for all now with loads of people fucking off track and trace. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

What is it, another two weeks and all those things are likely to happen? 

 

I would be amazed if all that is on the road-map for the 9th actually happens. 

 

44 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

 

Who's to say England is doing it right? I'm not totally comfortable with how things are going in England, its a free for all now with loads of people fucking off track and trace. 

Never said they were, not to say the way were are approaching it is right either. 

Schools are back in a couple of weeks and they have no idea how it's going to look in terms of isolation etc. Not even a hint.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You mean abroad or in general terms?

In general. Obviously if you go on holiday alone in your own car and can travel back without stopping then it may not be an issue but can't see that being the case for most.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

And dont even start me on slots 1hr 30 mins before KO to access a football stadium that is 20% capacity, with no food kiosks being allowed open due to these daft rules. 

If Nicola Sturgeon can explain to me why it's unsafe for somebody to get a pie a the football but okay for Rugby Fans to get a pint at HT at a Lions game then she can be my guest. 

And she has the cheek to talk about folks intelligence!  

Rugby fans dont have a recent history of mass gathering and rule breaking?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...