Jump to content

Recommended Posts

When should we start worrying ?

I'm guessing a week to 10 days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Dow Jones dropped over a thousand points yesterday so somebody is getting spooked by it.

Only 61 reported cases in Iran and yet they are saying 15 deaths. That is a bit alarming.

Big spike in Italy as well now.

I can see them shutting down the planes here if this keeps progressing.

I have to admit to being a bit suspicious about it all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Hopefully next week cause I'm flying off for the weekend.

Computer says around 1 in 100 will cop it...

https://futurism.com/neoscope/recent-simulation-coronavirus-killed-65-million-people

 

 

I'm off to Benidorm for Cheltenham

I am worrying about a European travel ban !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The WHO have said that it seems to be burning itself out in Wuhan due to the number of daily deaths decreasing

Reports that the UK Government are starting "Excess Death Contingency Planning" with local authorities but i'm not sure it will come to that.

It looks like this is similar to the flu with those that suffer other medical ailments and the elderly most at risk rather then the general population

The Spanish Flu was a fucker as it was likely to kill those that were young and fit rather than the weak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to depend on the TAMB for by daily news.   It broke here before Reuters ffs.

I have a few more tins of beans and Fray Bentos left.   I'm staying in my bunker.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

The WHO have said that it seems to be burning itself out in Wuhan due to the number of daily deaths decreasing

Reports that the UK Government are starting "Excess Death Contingency Planning" with local authorities but i'm not sure it will come to that.

It looks like this is similar to the flu with those that suffer other medical ailments and the elderly most at risk rather then the general population

The Spanish Flu was a fucker as it was likely to kill those that were young and fit rather than the weak

I hope you're right as I'm due in Tuscany in a few months. At the moment I'm not quite sure which way this is going to pan out 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, slasher said:

I hope you're right as I'm due in Tuscany in a few months. At the moment I'm not quite sure which way this is going to pan out 🤔

Months?   There's only so much tinned meat I can eat.   I only have one sack o' beans left too.    Montana Red Dog anyone?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

Months?   There's only so much tinned meat I can eat.   I only have one sack o' beans left too.    Montana Red Dog anyone?

 

Well, according to the WHO medical experts it could be months to get a grip on a mass European outbreak 😷

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, slasher said:

Well, according to the WHO medical experts it could be months to get a grip on a mass European outbreak 😷

Acht, we'll all be worrying about mosquito borne diseases by then.   Meanwhile, I'm putting my affairs in order.   I come from a long line of dead people.

Am I tempting fate?   :unsure:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crap... I'm about to start the last chapter of Bryson's new book "The Body".   After a lead in of gruesome illnesses, guess what that's about?   ☠️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Acht, we'll all be worrying about mosquito borne diseases by then.   Meanwhile, I'm putting my affairs in order.   I come from a long line of dead people.

Am I tempting fate?   :unsure:

Don't forget that the typhoid outbreak in Aberdeen was caused by a tin of corned beef. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What’s the chances of these fitba’ play-offs all going ahead as scheduled seeing as sporting events are now being cancelled? 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, WCTA said:

What’s the chances of these fitba’ play-offs all going ahead as scheduled seeing as sporting events are now being cancelled? 🤔

Four weeks to go. Could go either way. If they do need to get cancelled, I think the teams with the higher Nations League ranking should go through. ;)

Maybe the whole tournament might have to be cancelled. Hopefully it will have calmed down by then.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Northern Ireland wins the Celtic Nations Corona Virus Sweep with the first confirmed case

BBC Scotland are raging

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2020 at 6:40 PM, Ally Bongo said:

When should we start worrying ?

I'm guessing a week to 10 days

Don't worry.  It only affects people with brains.   You and me will be awight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, WCTA said:

What’s the chances of these fitba’ play-offs all going ahead as scheduled seeing as sporting events are now being cancelled? 🤔

We should get a by.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting to look like it is past the peak. As long there are no more major upward spikes in the next 3 weeks it should hopefully start to fizzle out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Starting to look like it is past the peak. As long there are no more major upward spikes in the next 3 weeks it should hopefully start to fizzle out. 

Past it's peak? It's now just starting to come out and spread properly.  This has a long way to go IMO.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...