Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a side note given what's been posted previously I wanted everyone to know that we buried my mum today. There were just four of us at the cemetery, practising social distancing. It was surreal and u

I share your pain mate. 5am this morning I lost my father in law to this awful disease. Fought like a lion to try and hang on but it was a battle he couldn't win. You have my deepest sympathy mate. St

Not as strange as your tedious boring bastard routine 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, exile said:

Johnson said "it's a triumph of British Science".

But the Pfizer one was not a triumph of German (etc) science, it was a triumph of British procurement.

Developed by Turkish immigrants no less. A triumph of freedom of movement ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lamia said:

Should we be concerned that they are now playing around with the administration of the Pfiser vaccine dose scheduling?🤨

Are they? What are they doing? I thought the Pfizer one was two doses about 21 days apart. That's what all the trials are based on. Where did you see this? I know they have relooked at the dosage for the AstraZeneca one but I haven't read anything like that about the Pfizer one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Are they? What are they doing? I thought the Pfizer one was two doses about 21 days apart. That's what all the trials are based on. Where did you see this? I know they have relooked at the dosage for the AstraZeneca one but I haven't read anything like that about the Pfizer one.

Ok found it now. 

So, they are now recommending the second dose of the Pfizer vaccine is given between 3 and 12 weeks after the first. For the AstraZeneca one, they are saying between 4 and 12 weeks. I'm sure they have data to back up those changes. Doesn't sound like too big a change to me. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Ok found it now. 

So, they are now recommending the second dose of the Pfizer vaccine is given between 3 and 12 weeks after the first. For the AstraZeneca one, they are saying between 4 and 12 weeks. I'm sure they have data to back up those changes. Doesn't sound like too big a change to me. 

 

My sister got  the Pfizer vaccine on 15 dec, booked in for second one on 12 jan. Friend who works in care homes has similar dates. Not exactly a large sampling admittedly but seems to be in line with the above. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Ok found it now. 

So, they are now recommending the second dose of the Pfizer vaccine is given between 3 and 12 weeks after the first. For the AstraZeneca one, they are saying between 4 and 12 weeks. I'm sure they have data to back up those changes. Doesn't sound like too big a change to me. 

 

Pfizer didn't seem convinced in the quote I saw so if Pfizer don't know if this will have an impact I am not sure how the UK knows. I can't believe no one has asked what they are basing the decision on, not one journalist at the press conference thought it worthy but asked their usual inane questions 

Edited by Lamia
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

My sister got  the Pfizer vaccine on 15 dec, booked in for second one on 12 jan. Friend who works in care homes has similar dates. Not exactly a large sampling admittedly but seems to be in line with the above. 

It has only just been changed though. My dad who is in  a Care Home has had his first and is due to get the second mid Jan. I will be interested to see if they change that though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lamia said:

Pfizer didn't seem convinced in the quote I saw so if Pfizer don't know if this will have an impact I am not sure how the UK knows. I can't believe no one has asked what they are basing the decision on, not one journalist at the press conference thought it worthy but asked their usual inane questions 

I posted the data for a single dose earlier in this thread. Must be miles back now. No idea what's happening specifically with the new dosing regiment. Hearing journalists and politicians discuss the science they don't understand won't be helpful though. Here's some info from some scientists i saw though

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Lamia said:

It has only just been changed though. My dad who is in  a Care Home has had his first and is due to get the second mid Jan. I will be interested to see if they change that though.

Both the MHRA and JCVI have said that there is enough evidence in the data to support the changes. That's good enough for me. There is a clear trade off between people having a bit less protection for the extended period between doses, and other people having no protection at all, because they can't get the first dose. They have decided that on balance it's better to get as many people as possible to have the lower level of protection rather than than have half the number have near full as possible protection. The logic seems sound to me but it needs folk with more knowledge than me to work out the statistical benefits.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Lamia said:

It has only just been changed though. My dad who is in  a Care Home has had his first and is due to get the second mid Jan. I will be interested to see if they change that though.

👍

I hope the timing for your dad’s second vaccination remains in place. I think what Orraloon has said makes sense, but when its your own family and the expectation has been for a second vaccine imminently it probably gives more comfort for it to go ahead as planned.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, phart said:

I posted the data for a single dose earlier in this thread. Must be miles back now. No idea what's happening specifically with the new dosing regiment. Hearing journalists and politicians discuss the science they don't understand won't be helpful though. Here's some info from some scientists i saw though

 

It is the Pfizer vaccine I am talking about though 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...