Coronavirus - Page 227 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

GOP Covid deniers who refused to wear a mask jump the vaccine line, adding insult to injury

Thereā€™s a particular hypocrisy in GOP senators like Lindsey Graham, Joni Ernst and Marco Rubio getting the coronavirus vaccine before the rest of us.
Ā 
Ā 
Always watch what politicians do not what they say!

11 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Complete lockdown in Ottawa starting today.. Only essential services open... Fuckin folk just won't follow the rules...

They are following the rules though. Can't see folk doing anything but following them.Ā  Makes you think there must be something else going on.

3 hours ago, JohnWh said:

They are following the rules though. Can't see folk doing anything but following them.Ā  Makes you think there must be something else going on.

Aye they are quick to highlight the minority who donā€™t follow the rules but given how long this has gone on, the vast majority of people are very compliant

8 hours ago, JohnWh said:

No mate, that is the problem, they are not...Folk are not following the rules. Its more between the ages of 20-35 so they say. They have been told no social gatherings, wear a mask, and.they are not following the rules. That's why the Covid cases have doubled.. I know its hard, but its the only way to keep this virus under control.Ā 

5 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Aye they are quick to highlight the minority who donā€™t follow the rules but given how long this has gone on, the vast majority of people are very compliant

I see non compliances nearly every single day. Some folk like to make out thatĀ they are complying but they are not. A study was doneĀ during the first lockdown. I think it was done by Cambridge University? Phart posted it on here. That indicated that compliance in some areas could be as low as 20%.

I have generally been quite impressed by the overall compliance ,Ā and travelling to and from Glasgow every day and being in shops does give me a fair amount of exposure to it.Ā 

However my daughter was in JD Sports in Argyle St at the start of the week and she said it was like a zoo. Unlike many other shops there is noĀ control over the numbers they are letting in ( I know this as I work very close to it) , no social distancing while queuing, out of aboutĀ  15Ā staff only one was wearingĀ a mask( the rest had them at their chin) ,Ā most customers without masks onĀ and staffĀ yelling across the shopĀ for stockĀ items ( with no masks on) .Ā 
She said if it wasnt forĀ the fact she had to return a pair ofĀ trainers before lockdown and needed the money she would have walked out.Ā 
Ā 

11 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Given just about everyone I know breaks the rules on a semi regular basis, not deliberately but because they think their family and their friends somehow don't count I don't know where people get this supposed minority from. Probably because they are also breaking the rules and not actually think about it either, I agree there are a minority deliberately doing it because they just don't want to comply but most people are breaking some of the rules some of the time.Ā 

People are also not thinking what they actually need to do not what they are allowed to do.

Edited by Lamia

2 hours ago, phart said:

So Toby can't count and he is straight up just lying now.

On contrary things sound bad down south.

Lewis Goodall: Been speaking to several London frontline doctors working in major hospitals. Picture isnā€™t great. One: ā€œitā€™s a bit like a warzone. Iā€™d say not far off where we were at in first wave in terms of capacity. But staff are completely demoralised and exhausted this time round.ā€

From actual doctors... "Hospitals running out of oxygen. One trust with no non-invasive machines left. ICUs tweeting for volunteers to prone patients." etc.

Why do people like Toby Young feel such a need to be contrary?