Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Ach, she made a mistake - we all do - she's human. I've forgotten to put my mask on before going into shops, or remembered at the last minute, it happens.

It's a bit embarrassing, considering she's the one stood in front of TV cameras daily telling people what they should and shouldn't be doing, but that's all it is. Christ, it isn't as if the woman doesn't have other things on her mind at the moment!

Could have been worse, she could have driven to Barnard Castle and got her eyes tested....

Fuck sake, I got warned by the barmaids in my local boozer for forgetting to stick my mask on when going to the bog. We've all done it.

Utterly desperate stuff. But unsurprising. This a foretaste of what to expect in the run up to next May.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a side note given what's been posted previously I wanted everyone to know that we buried my mum today. There were just four of us at the cemetery, practising social distancing. It was surreal and u

I share your pain mate. 5am this morning I lost my father in law to this awful disease. Fought like a lion to try and hang on but it was a battle he couldn't win. You have my deepest sympathy mate. St

Not as strange as your tedious boring bastard routine 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

If you are going to lecture folk daily then you need to be squeeky clean. 

Especially when stood in an industry which shes repeatedly shut down.

I'm sure weve all done similar but shes left herself wide open. Newspapers been waiting on this for months 

It's a government not a dictatorship. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

If you are going to lecture folk daily then you need to be squeeky clean. 

Especially when stood in an industry which shes repeatedly shut down.

I'm sure weve all done similar but shes left herself wide open. Newspapers been waiting on this for months 

Although a public figure, She's  only human like the rest of us. We all make mistakes. It's not as if she has acted like that fuckwit Margaret Ferrier.

I'm sure the family of the deceased would love to have a word with the person who sold that loathable rag the photo that intruded on private grief

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

Although a public figure, She's  only human like the rest of us. We all make mistakes. It's not as if she has acted like that fuckwit Margaret Ferrier.

I'm sure the family of the deceased would love to have a word with the person who sold that loathable rag the photo that intruded on private grief

Absolutely this, a non-story causing Tory nutters to whip themselves into a frenzy on twitter.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Toepoke said:

Absolutely this, a non-story causing Tory nutters to whip themselves into a frenzy on twitter.

 

I'm almost certain James Cook was having a quick hand shandy under his desk when excitedly revealing the news to Huw Edwards on BBC News At Ten.

The briefing tomorrow will be interesting. Will get the popcorn out for Chris Musson, Tom Gordon and that cunt from the Daily Mail to get schooled. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

"Ms Sturgeon had been wearing a tartan mask and is said to have taken it off briefly as she was leaving the venue."

Anyone who ever wears a mask knows you put it on and take it off and adjust it and could end up briefly with it off and end up chatting to someone. It's a world away from deliberately setting out to break the rules. 

For the Tories to say "It's a blunder that an ordinary member of the public wouldn't get away with." is simply not true. No one would would charge or photograph someone at a wake in this position, unless it was someone famous or someone you were trying to 'get'.

Edited by exile
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, exile said:

"Ms Sturgeon had been wearing a tartan mask and is said to have taken it off briefly as she was leaving the venue."

Anyone who ever wears a mask knows you put it on and take it off and adjust it and could end up briefly with it off and end up chatting to someone. It's a world away from deliberately setting out to break the rules. 

For the Tories to say "It's a blunder that an ordinary member of the public wouldn't get away with." is simply not true. No one would would charge or photograph someone at a wake in this position, unless it was someone famous.

Your opening paragraph nails it. Taken it off briefly. 

The halfwit that took the photo probably, conveniently, didn't take any photo of her perhaps putting said mask back on.

The Tories ought to be ashamed of themselves trying to make any capital out of this. Probably a convenient deflection from the continuing clusterfuck down in Kent. I'm more worried about that than our FM taking a mask off momentarily.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

Your opening paragraph nails it. Taken it off briefly. 

The halfwit that took the photo probably, conveniently, didn't take any photo of her perhaps putting said mask back on.

The Tories ought to be ashamed of themselves trying to make any capital out of this. Probably a convenient deflection from the continuing clusterfuck down in Kent. I'm more worried about that than our FM taking a mask off momentarily.

The Tories' second quote is "There cannot be one rule for Nicola Sturgeon and another for everyone else."  But clearly this is a ridiculous inference, as if she was trying to gain some personal advantage from chatting with two mourning ladies. This is a world away from the other cases where people take calculated decisions to bend or break the rules for advantage. And hope to get away with it because of who they are.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, exile said:

The tragic thing this will be distracting from more important public business affecting millions of lives.

Like I said, how convenient. I don't recall any furore about Prince Charles bringing his germs up to Aberdeenshire when he tested positive in the summer despite repeated warnings about staying at home if you had symptoms. 

If the Yoons want to go down that route, fine. But fight fire with fire.

Like you say though, we are 10 days from crashing out of the EU without a deal and this shite rears its head. Pathetic 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, exile said:

The Tories' second quote is "There cannot be one rule for Nicola Sturgeon and another for everyone else."  But clearly this is a ridiculous inference, as if she was trying to gain some personal advantage from chatting with two mourning ladies. This is a world away from the other cases where people take calculated decisions to bend or break the rules for advantage. And hope to get away with it because of who they are.

 

Like their old chum Cummings. And Prince Charles. 

Wonder who the most vocal Tories are. No doubt it will be that snivelling cunt Ross

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

Like their old chum Cummings. And Prince Charles. 

Wonder who the most vocal Tories are. No doubt it will be that snivelling cunt Ross

But I think it's nowhere near Cummings or Charles territory.

Remember recently "The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their children have been pictured inadvertently breaching the rule of six during a wider family walk in Norfolk." Hardly made headline news at all.

I wonder if there is anyone alive who, honestly, hasn't had their mask off for a few moments? Any holier-than-thou Tory should be asked that.

Edited by exile
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, exile said:

But I think it's nowhere near Cummings or Charles territory.

Remember recently "The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their children have been pictured inadvertently breaching the rule of six during a wider family walk in Norfolk." Hardly made headline news at all.

I wonder if there is anyone alive who, honestly, hasn't had their mask off for a few moments? Any holier-than-thou Tory should be asked that.

Spot on.

 

This is a nothing story borne out of desperation. The yoons see their beloved money-spinning (for Westminster) union disappearing and they are helpless to prevent more people backing independence. That this is the sort of stuff they can come up with is nothing but rabid desperation. Nothing will come of it though as NS did the correct thing admitting point blank it was wrong and a stupid mistake. Rhetoric the like of which we never got from BJ about Cummings. Mark my words this will fizzle out. It was so funny when BBC News almost had it as a massive breaking news moment on their bulletin last night too. Desperate and pathetic.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

If you are going to lecture folk daily then you need to be squeeky clean. 

Especially when stood in an industry which shes repeatedly shut down.

I'm sure weve all done similar but shes left herself wide open. Newspapers been waiting on this for months 

 

Shes human, shes stood up to speak to someone and forgot to put her mask on. I did exactly the same yesterday. Its a very easy rule to forget when your in a pub.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

On numerous occasions over the past 9 months NS has said that she has made mistakes and will make them again. She admitted it, no denial, no excuses from her. 

To be honest, I think stuff like this actually works in her favour. Everybody knows politicians make mistakes. This is a fuk up, but not a big one. What most folk would like to see more of, is politicians owning up to their mistakes and apologising for them. Just hearing them say sorry is good enough for most normal folk. The bigger a stooshie the media make about this, the better as far as I'm concerned. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, exile said:

The Tories' second quote is "There cannot be one rule for Nicola Sturgeon and another for everyone else."  But clearly this is a ridiculous inference, as if she was trying to gain some personal advantage from chatting with two mourning ladies. This is a world away from the other cases where people take calculated decisions to bend or break the rules for advantage. And hope to get away with it because of who they are.

 

By complete coincidence a friend texted me the other day for a catch up.
During the conversation she said ‘ have to say, my admiration for Nicola Sturgeon went up a great deal this week. Guy I went to school with died ( she then mentioned his name and the circumstances surrounding his death) , he worked for the scottish government dont know if you know him,  and despite everything she is having to deal with Nicola Sturgeon went to his funeral to pay her respects. She could easily have sent a deputy.’

I doubt very much this mask situation will have changed her mind. As others have said , people are human. I have forgotten to wear it a couple of times.

If she had been out socially and been drinking it would have been negligent for someone in her position, but at a funeral ? Who in their right mind would have a go at someone not wearing a mask for a nano second at a funeral? Emotions are high at a funeral. 

This man left 5 children, 3 of them at primary school. Anyone trying to  make political capital from this should take a good look at themselves. 
 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

By complete coincidence a friend texted me the other day for a catch up.
During the conversation she said ‘ have to say, my admiration for Nicola Sturgeon went up a great deal this week. Guy I went to school with died ( she then mentioned his name and the circumstances surrounding his death) , he worked for the scottish government dont know if you know him,  and despite everything she is having to deal with Nicola Sturgeon went to his funeral to pay her respects. She could easily have sent a deputy.’

I doubt very much this mask situation will have changed her mind. As others have said , people are human. I have forgotten to wear it a couple of times.

If she had been out socially and been drinking it would have been negligent for someone in her position, but at a funeral ? Who in their right mind would have a go at someone not wearing a mask for a nano second at a funeral? Emotions are high at a funeral. 

This man left 5 children, 3 of them at primary school. Anyone trying to  make political capital from this should take a good look at themselves. 
 

 

 

 

 

 

Didn't know any of that detail. Kinda puts things into perspective a wee bit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

 

Shes human, shes stood up to speak to someone and forgot to put her mask on. I did exactly the same yesterday. Its a very easy rule to forget when your in a pub.

I'm not disputing it isnt but when you make up the rules (and these rules came into.force here long before England) then uly need to be careful. 

 

Rightly or wrongly.

She has also asked folk to think whether if it was necessary to go and see family on Christmas day. 

Was it really necessary for her to go to a pub after a funeral? Especially given all clubs are now deemed too dangerous. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'm not disputing it isnt but when you make up the rules (and these rules came into.force here long before England) then uly need to be careful. 

 

Rightly or wrongly.

She has also asked folk to think whether if it was necessary to go and see family on Christmas day. 

Was it really necessary for her to go to a pub after a funeral? Especially given all clubs are now deemed too dangerous. 

I dont know if it was necessary or not for her to go, if she was close to the person then yes i would say it is. 

Youre clutching at straws to have a go at sturgeon here. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'm not disputing it isnt but when you make up the rules (and these rules came into.force here long before England) then uly need to be careful. 

 

Rightly or wrongly.

She has also asked folk to think whether if it was necessary to go and see family on Christmas day. 

Was it really necessary for her to go to a pub after a funeral? Especially given all clubs are now deemed too dangerous. 

I tend to agree, bit of an error in judgement. 

Thats it, obviously the unionist media will jump on it and make a huge deal of it 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Its amazing how so many scottish people expect absolute perfection from anyone connected to the SNP.

 

they are a party only interested in Scottish interests.  Blind to anything that might be good for the UK or even the world.

They are a protest vote

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...