Jump to content

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Why are people surprised by what is happening in London, it should of been in tier 3 weeks ago. The pictures of Regent St with Christmas shoppers showed what a fuck up it was for London to be in tier 2 in the first place. Not convinced about this new variant, just an excuse to cover up the original tier allocation and how it has come back to bite them on the arse.

 

I'm based in London and yes Christmas shoppers are a major source but teenage school kids is another. There is minimal mask wearing when walking in between classes and they are congregating in large groups after school with zero social distancing. Hugging, toy fighting, sharing headphones etc. They don't give a monkey's and most parents won't say anything. I feel for parents who rely on schools in order for them to work but the attitude of kids is a big problem. They are spreading it amongst themselves and then passing it on to their parents/grandparents when they go home. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a side note given what's been posted previously I wanted everyone to know that we buried my mum today. There were just four of us at the cemetery, practising social distancing. It was surreal and u

I share your pain mate. 5am this morning I lost my father in law to this awful disease. Fought like a lion to try and hang on but it was a battle he couldn't win. You have my deepest sympathy mate. St

Not as strange as your tedious boring bastard routine 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Saint4805 said:

 

I'm based in London and yes Christmas shoppers are a major source but teenage school kids is another. There is minimal mask wearing when walking in between classes and they are congregating in large groups after school with zero social distancing. Hugging, toy fighting, sharing headphones etc. They don't give a monkey's and most parents won't say anything. I feel for parents who rely on schools in order for them to work but the attitude of kids is a big problem. They are spreading it amongst themselves and then passing it on to their parents/grandparents when they go home. 

Sorry your going in to tier 3. Agree with your post.👍

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

That's the Moderna vaccine cleared for use in the US now as well, so they have 2 options. I imagine we'll follow suit at some time we have a lot less access to it though as never invested as much into doses, 7 million I think is the total contract.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Aberdeen & Shire into tier 3 from Friday. Xmas can’t come quick enough now so this disappears for a few days 🙄

I am expecting bojo and sturgo to cancel the silly christmad rules anyway. I think we will be locked down throughout. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, bonzo said:

I can see the Christmas lightening of restrictions changing.

Starting to sound like it, hopefully.

It was a stupid decision in the first place. Another instance of Public Health Scotland and the SG just going along following Westminster like sheep. They should be standing up to Boris and his cronies and just say, "Naw we're no doing that, becuase it's just fukin stupid."

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Starting to sound like it, hopefully.

It was a stupid decision in the first place. Another instance of Public Health Scotland and the SG just going along following Westminster like sheep. They should be standing up to Boris and his cronies and just say, "Naw we're no doing that, becuase it's just fukin stupid."

Some people are fukin stupid. Just saw a clown on the tv moaning about potential changes over christmas because he had bought a big turkey, arsehole.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Some people are fukin stupid. Just saw a clown on the tv moaning about potential changes over christmas because he had bought a big turkey, arsehole.

Totally agree. How stupid are some people. Everyone knows if you don't want a whole turkey, you buy a turkey crown and definitely not a turkey arsehole. Certainly not for Christmas.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Saint4805 said:

 

I'm based in London and yes Christmas shoppers are a major source but teenage school kids is another. There is minimal mask wearing when walking in between classes and they are congregating in large groups after school with zero social distancing. Hugging, toy fighting, sharing headphones etc. They don't give a monkey's and most parents won't say anything. I feel for parents who rely on schools in order for them to work but the attitude of kids is a big problem. They are spreading it amongst themselves and then passing it on to their parents/grandparents when they go home. 

We hadn't been too badly affected until the last fortnight. Now we have exactly half the school isolating. Bizarrely you have staff having to come into the building even though they are then teaching remotely because the students aren't in. You know some of the kids who've tested positively and you're not surprised because they have the couldn't give a toss attitude that you've just described.

Edited by Hertsscot
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Totally agree. How stupid are some people. Everyone knows if you don't want a whole turkey, you buy a turkey crown and definitely not a turkey arsehole. Certainly not for Christmas.

Buy the legs. You can get them really cheap and the leg meat is much more tasty.

Link to post
Share on other sites

All the way through ive been in support of tough restrictions and even tougher enforcement however id be dead against any tightening of restrictions over xmas.

The fact they have setout the rules in advance which people have then planned around. It might sound insignificant but some people will have went to some expence to host xmas dinner which will then mostly go to waste. At a time of year when moneys already tight, this is unacceptable.

Add to this that the vast majority of people wont adhere to the rules over xmas so the only people to lose out will be those with jobs where they cant afford to be caught breaking the rules.

Once they announced the rules in advance they should stick to them. The mistake was announcing anything in advance.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

All the way through ive been in support of tough restrictions and even tougher enforcement however id be dead against any tightening of restrictions over xmas.

The fact they have setout the rules in advance which people have then planned around. It might sound insignificant but some people will have went to some expence to host xmas dinner which will then mostly go to waste. At a time of year when moneys already tight, this is unacceptable.

Add to this that the vast majority of people wont adhere to the rules over xmas so the only people to lose out will be those with jobs where they cant afford to be caught breaking the rules.

Once they announced the rules in advance they should stick to them. The mistake was announcing anything in advance.

I think the UK Government has seriously screwed up yet again.  The lockdown in England should have been extended by at least two weeks but I think Johnson caved into pressure from Tory and Labour MPs who were shouting about the economic consequences in their constituencies.  Schools should have been shut this week and we could have easily taught students remotely, as it is it's chaotic.  Idiot ministers talk about the effect on students mental health when they are not in school, its a damn sight worse when students don't know whether they're going to have to go half way through the day because someone has tested positive. I expect that what will happen is that the Govt will now say be cautious and when there is the inevitable spike post-Christmas the Tories will blame the very people who they'd previously given a big green light to meet.  It will be blame the public again for their failure to give a lead and make hard decisions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

My concern is that the UK gov will do as above but Scot Gov tighten restrictions. 

I think this would really turn people against Sturgeon when so much good will has been built up.

Could it also work the other way with Sturgeon being praised for adopting a safer path following scientific advice rather than being reckless? Starmer appears to be backing tighter regulations so SLab couldn't criticise SNP (well they haven't got any integrity so probably will) and even some Tory MPs are arguing against for the same. Nightmare to police though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

All the way through ive been in support of tough restrictions and even tougher enforcement however id be dead against any tightening of restrictions over xmas.

The fact they have setout the rules in advance which people have then planned around. It might sound insignificant but some people will have went to some expence to host xmas dinner which will then mostly go to waste. At a time of year when moneys already tight, this is unacceptable.

Add to this that the vast majority of people wont adhere to the rules over xmas so the only people to lose out will be those with jobs where they cant afford to be caught breaking the rules.

Once they announced the rules in advance they should stick to them. The mistake was announcing anything in advance.

Completely agree with this. They should have waited till closer to the time before announcing anything to see what the situation was like, though I can see why they did it .
As I said in a previous post, Christmas is a special time for a lot of people and the thought of seeing family members you have not seen for months would bring cheer to them and hopefully give them the incentive to stick with the guidance in the run up. 
I think they will tweak things, maybe reduce the number of days you can see family. If they do a 180 degree on this it will create a lot of anger and unrest. 
I cant see Nicola Sturgeon straying too far from any UK guidelines on this , though it is possible. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:


I cant see Nicola Sturgeon straying too far from any UK guidelines on this , though it is possible. 

This is the biggest problem we have had during this pandemic. Being tied to the apron strings of Westminster. I know there are loads of restrictions on what the SG and Public Health Scotland can, and can't, do because Westminster has overall control, but this is one area where we could do what we want.

The message should have been simple and clear. "IF we can get the number of infections, deaths and hospitalisations down to a low enough level then we MAY be able to ease restrictions at xmas". To be fair, that was effectively what was said, but it wasn't said loudly and clearly enough. People choose to hear what they want to hear. People who want to have a "normalish" xmas only listened to the bit they what they wanted to hear. 

She must reverse that decision and just say stick to the current tier 3 or tier 2 restrictions. No travelling to vist folk. I honestly don't think that decision would be too unpopular. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

This is the biggest problem we have had during this pandemic. Being tied to the apron strings of Westminster. I know there are loads of restrictions on what the SG and Public Health Scotland can, and can't, do because Westminster has overall control, but this is one area where we could do what we want.

The message should have been simple and clear. "IF we can get the number of infections, deaths and hospitalisations down to a low enough level then we MAY be able to ease restrictions at xmas". To be fair, that was effectively what was said, but it wasn't said loudly and clearly enough. People choose to hear what they want to hear. People who want to have a "normalish" xmas only listened to the bit they what they wanted to hear. 

She must reverse that decision and just say stick to the current tier 3 or tier 2 restrictions. No travelling to vist folk. I honestly don't think that decision would be too unpopular. 

 

I have no idea how much this guy knows but he is suggesting there will be little change. 


https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-55327709

I think I read somewhere yesterday that 57% of people felt the xmas guidance should change and 30 odd % saying it should remain as it is. The rest dont know. I think that was UK figures, not sure if ‘Scotland only’ numbers would be similar. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I have no idea how much this guy knows but he is suggesting there will be little change. 


https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-55327709

I think I read somewhere yesterday that 57% of people felt the xmas guidance should change and 30 odd % saying it should remain as it is. The rest dont know. I think that was UK figures, not sure if ‘Scotland only’ numbers would be similar. 

 

I think Boris has already said he won't change anything for England. I've just been on the phone to get Nicola telt. "Ban xmas, Nicola, just get it banned".

Ho,ho, fukin ho.:lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...