Coronavirus - Page 213 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

Schools are basically BAU except theres masks. No staggered class times, no staggered opening closing times, no hybrid of face to face and online learning, teachers given next to no guidance on exams, some schools with 1000+ kids changing  classes every hour with zero cleaning in between.  The list is endless bit nah, SG say it's not the issue, it's safe and use down everything else except these covid bunkers.

Dont think there will he many teachers, jannies etc rushing to vote SNP in may. 

Thats the feeling I'm getting from family and friends in that sector. 

FB_IMG_1605715350528.jpg

My wee brother is a teacher in Dundee, he has been sent home to isolate three times. I think the second time he had to do so, there were 8 teachers and assistants off. 

Id guess unless there was a full lockdown, schools need to stay open. 

If you're in tier 4 they should turn to the blended learning model which is ready to roll out. Humper is right about the lies. I know for a fact that self isolating pupils are being marked present helping them inflate attendance figures thereby disguising the true extent of the problems. 

36 minutes ago, slasher said:

If you're in tier 4 they should turn to the blended learning model which is ready to roll out. Humper is right about the lies. I know for a fact that self isolating pupils are being marked present helping them inflate attendance figures thereby disguising the true extent of the problems. 

Would it not be very unfair on the pupils to give them a black mark by marking them as absent when they have been told to stay at home through no fault of their own? 

7 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Would it not be very unfair on the pupils to give them a black mark by marking them as absent when they have been told to stay at home through no fault of their own? 

Of course it would but it doesn't alter the fact they are not present and in fact are absent due to Covid. Presenting school attendance figures without incorporating these is disingenuous at best. 

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Of course it would but it doesn't alter the fact they are not present and in fact are absent due to Covid. Presenting school attendance figures without incorporating these is disingenuous at best. 

What figure are we talking about? I haven't seen any other than the headline figures. I am fairly confident every school will have a list of pupils who are self isolating. This list will be separate form the normal attendance record. I'm not sure where these figures are published, if anywhere?

I'm starting to get annoyed about all this talk about special planning to allow relaxed restrictions for xmas. The measures taken to combat the virus should be based on numbers and scientific evidence. We should not be doing our planning around religious festivals whether they are christian festivals, muslin, hindu or any other religion. If xmas needs to be cancelled just fekin cancel it.

1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

I'm starting to get annoyed about all this talk about special planning to allow relaxed restrictions for xmas. The measures taken to combat the virus should be based on numbers and scientific evidence. We should not be doing our planning around religious festivals whether they are christian festivals, muslin, hindu or any other religion. If xmas needs to be cancelled just fekin cancel it.

We're not rational actors though, perhaps the thinking is to bend here to stop a breakage of compliance further down the line.

3 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

The other part to that is the restrictions, particularly in Leicester, were put in place specifically with an eye on trying to avoid household mingling during Eid.  Appreciate we're a predominantly Christian country but if I was a Muslim the double standards would piss me off a bit.     

4 hours ago, wee-toon-red said:

It's a bold and potentially reckless statement to make if they aren't completely confident that they'll manage it.

I think they would manage to administer that amount of vaccinations if they had the vaccines available. I just don't think they will manage to get their hands on enough doses in a short enough time frame. Every other country wants these vaccines as well. Just because they have ordered them doesn't mean they will actually get them. 

It was a really stupid thing to say, absolutely no need to say it.

Listing of 100 worst affected local neighbourhoods in Scotland. Interesting to see the specific detail.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/18886392.coronavirus-areas-scotland-covid-cases/

Top 20 are:

20. Kennoway and Bonnybank - Fife - 23 cases - 5,525 - population

19. Paisley North - Renfrewshire - 23 cases - 5,424 - population

18. Dennistoun North - Glasgow City - 23 cases - 4,707 - population

17. Harthill and Salsburgh - North Lanarkshire - 24 cases - 5,692 - population

16. Westburn and Newton - South Lanarkshire - 25 cases - 6,321 - population

15. Woodlands - Glasgow City - 26 cases - 7,387 - population

14. Dalmilling - South Ayrshire - 26 cases - 2,950 - population

13. Kirkwood and Bargeddie - North Lanarkshire - 27 cases - 6,256 - population

12. Uddingston and Gardenside - South Lanarkshire - 28 cases - 6,700 - population

11. Carntyne West and Haghill - Glasgow City - 28 cases - 4,771 - population

10. Pollokshields West - Glasgow City - 28 cases - 4,662 - population

9. Nerston and EK Landward Area - South Lanarkshire - 29 cases - 7,404 - population

8. Little Earnock - South Lanarkshire - 29 cases - 6,779 - population

7. Viewpark - North Lanarkshire - 30 cases - 5,698 - population

6. Dalmarnock - Glasgow City - 31 cases - 3,860 - population

5. Darnley West - Glasgow City - 34 cases - 5,461 - population

4. Halfway, Hallside and Drumsagard - South Lanarkshire - 36 cases - 7,784 - population

3. Bathgate East - West Lothian - 39 cases - 6,331 - population

2. Bridge of Allan and University - Stirling - 45 cases - 7,129 - population

1. Parkhead West and Barrowfield - Glasgow City - 48 cases - 7,465 - population

Edited by exile

Well I'm in Finnieston\Kelvinhaugh area and it seems as if a large number of the local business's are ignoring the phase 4 lockdown this morning.

Brewdog, Brunch club, BMX shop, fireplace shop, coffee shops etc all seem to be still operating to last weeks rules - don't know if they are taking a stand or some different interpretation of the rules, but I struggle to see a BMX bike shop as "essential".

Be interesting to see how this develops, think we might see a fair bit of pushback from business's in the run up to xmas as that's the main money maker for them.

Edited by Lobey
spelling