Coronavirus - Page 20 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

23 minutes ago, fringo said:

B/Ferry Health centre was one and It includes the quote :

"A spokesperson for the centre said: “Due to a number of positive cases of coronavirus linked to the practice, Broughty Ferry Health Centre has taken the decision to close to all patients from 5pm on Friday, 13 March."

That's less than 5 mins walk from me ! It's in the local evening paper. 

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/broughty-ferry-health-centre-closing-for-a-week-due-to-coronavirus/?fbclid=IwAR17Yt4mhYKe0O7mEXp0her5ARtMlmADtQp4SFhxmAjDxiIyC87JnhpT26c

The Ferry is rammed with auld buggers mind you so maybe not a surprise 😳 Ill bet Douglas is fine 😀

1 minute ago, Bino's said:

What would the size of the audience matter

They're all crammed in next to each other

I’d assume that out of all the gatherings of people this evening, this one that is part of raising tens of millions for charity would probably be one of the more meaningful gatherings. Surely there are plenty more meaningless gatherings of people that you could have a go at?

I’m sure they’re just following government advice in terms of public gatherings, in terms of numbers etc.

Just now, dohadeer said:

I’d assume that out of all the gatherings of people this evening, this one that is part of raising tens of millions for charity would probably be one of the more meaningful gatherings. Surely there are plenty more meaningless gatherings of people that you could have a go at?

I’m sure they’re just following government advice in terms of public gatherings, in terms of numbers etc.

What would raising money have to do with anything

We're trying to stop the spread of the virus

1 minute ago, Bino's said:

What would raising money have to do with anything

We're trying to stop the spread of the virus

The country isn’t on lockdown - yet.

There have been people in close proximity to each other all over the country today. Why are you choosing that one example to criticize? Like I said, that is one of the more meaningful gatherings of people.

26 minutes ago, fringo said:

It's not a computervirus  but we're probably deserving of an ignore anyway 😄

That's scary that you already know someone near us with the virus though.

Glad he's fine but it adds to the fact it's in our local area and more likely to spread here soon.

I'll just be glad if it stays at "knowing" someone (or lots of people) rather than "being" one.

It's not going to spread here, it already is here. The next door handle that you touch could have live virus on it.

Italy seems a bit delayed in posting their numbers for good reason. But...

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

2500+ new cases and 250 new deaths in the last day. ooft.

Overall 10,000 new cases and 442 new deaths in the last day.

10,000 new cases took a long time to get to not that long ago. Now it is one day. What will it be like in a month.

18 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I'll just be glad if it stays at "knowing" someone (or lots of people) rather than "being" one.

It's not going to spread here, it already is here. The next door handle that you touch could have live virus on it.

It is here as we all know but also spreading.

I'm not concerned for myself healthwise but for the more vulnerable as well as the 2ndry impact on communities, society, business and all the economy throughout for a while.

Edited by fringo

19 minutes ago, Farcity said:

Enough offence to encourage you to bolt elsewhere?

Mate, if my presence on this board is so offensive to you I am indeed inclined to leave, but I must say I'm a little confused as to why you're reacting like this.

Since I joined this board I have been open about who I am and why I'm here, and it's not to be a troll. I joined this community due to my love of the Scotland National Team and because I live down south. I wanted anplace where I could talk to like-minded people and I found it on the TAMB.

Look at my profile and posts across the TAMB and you'll see I'm generally positive and prepared to stick to the discussion topic.

I'm not the troll here.

Edited by mrniaboc

1 minute ago, mrniaboc said:

Mate, if my presence on this board is so offensive to you I am indeed inclined to leave, but I must say I'm a little confused as to why you're being such a wank.

Since I joined this board I have been open about who I am and why I'm here, and it's not to be a troll. I joined this community due to my love of the Scotland National Team and because I live down south. I wanted anplace where I could talk to like-minded people and I found it on the TAMB.

Look at my profile and posts across the TAMB and you'll see I'm generally positive and prepared to stick to the discussion topic.

I'm not the troll here.

Excellent, we have established that im a wank, no secret there, and that you are going to leave but take your other guises offline at the same time please. 

But for now though. 

Cheerio. 

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

You sure?

49 minutes ago, Farcity said:

Excellent, we have established that im a wank, no secret there, and that you are going to leave but take your other guises offline at the same time please. 

But for now though. 

Cheerio. 

I actually removed the wank bit because I felt bad about it haha.

Happy to leave the board for a while after this shit, but you should know for your own sanity I only have one online guise, mrniaboc. Been my handle for 20 years, which makes me embarrassing easy to identify. I don't hide.

Efter.

3 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I find it strange there has been no interviews with virus survivors after they are clear of it, well none that i have seem or heard 

I have seen quite a few.  The mayor of Miami has it and is apparently going to blog (or something) about his experience as it progresses.

9 hours ago, fringo said:

It's not a computervirus  but we're probably deserving of an ignore anyway 😄

That's scary that you already know someone near us with the virus though.

Glad he's fine but it adds to the fact it's in our local area and more likely to spread here soon.

What's life like this morning down there on the other side of the Balgillo wall? Heading to Arbroath for our shopping. What do you need and do you have a drone?

7 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

You sure?

No, I'm not sure. There has been debates going on for decades about whether viruses are living things or not. It depends or your definition and how you interpret it. 

My point was supposed to be a wee bit humorous and I have no idea if his door handle is contaminated or not. But one of the main routes of infection is by picking the virus up from contaminated surfaces. Some coronaviruses can remain active up to 9 days on surfaces depending on the conditions. I'm not sure if scientists have studied this one closely enough yet to know enough about it's properties.