Coronavirus - Page 182 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

14 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Ah right i forgot that folk were even protesting that. Corona might very well visit them.

18 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

A lot of apathy going around at the moment, i dont think another lock down will hapen

If they tried anther lockdown I don't think the public would buy into it.

People have seen their lives torn apart from the last lockdown, families with both parents losing their jobs etc and even now, 1000s of job losses a week and very, very few deaths.

I was surprised by how cooperative folk were the last time, especially youths but no chance there would be the same cooperation again,

6 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

People have seen their lives torn apart from the last lockdown, families with both parents losing their jobs etc and even now, 1000s of job losses a week and very, very few deaths.

I was surprised by how cooperative folk were the last time, especially youths but no chance there would be the same cooperation again,

So you didn’t think that people would co-operate last time but they did and now you’re certain they won’t do similar if the circumstances repeat themselves. 

Whats that quote again from Einstein about the definition of insanity. 

Just now, aaid said:

So you didn’t think that people would co-operate last time but they did and now you’re certain they won’t do similar if the circumstances repeat themselves. 

Whats that quote again from Einstein about the definition of insanity. 

Yes, you read that right.

Last time folk were scared rigid by it, I don't think folk have the same fear this time. Certainly not to support a full lockdown.

Folk have proven they are happy to cooperate with measures such as face masks, social distancing but I cannot see the UK population buying into a full lockdown (or even close to it) like last time.

Also, 6 months down the line folk who had cancer treatments etc put off, are still waiting for these to restart. As I said earlier, it's hard for the government to justify the economic and health reasons for a full lockdown, when you see the lasting impact it will have in other aspects of life.

Can see over 70s back into shielding for the full winter though.

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

PS I said I was "surprised" and "don't think"

Hardly "I didn't think" and "certain"

Nice try though.

Splitting hairs. 

I doubt we’d go into a full blanket l lockdown again but that’s down to several factors, first of all we know a lot more about the virus and how it operates than we did in March, we also have a testing and tracking system on place which looks so far that it’s working and finally people are - in the main - being pretty sensible about social distancing etc and how they behave.

Had we had those in place in March, there wouldn’t have been any need to do a full lockdown - however there ls no way that could’ve been the case so locking down was the only option  

Until there’s an effective vaccination in place and rolled out, those will continue to be the norm. 

I caught a bit of the FM’s update yesterday. Whilst she didn't actually say it , she strongly suggested there will be no full lock down and any future spikes will be controlled by localised lock downs.
She also confirmed the restrictions imposed could be different in each area , based on the circumstances. 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

I caught a bit of the FM’s update yesterday. Whilst she didn't actually say it , she strongly suggested there will be no full lock down and any future spikes will be controlled by localised lock downs.
She also confirmed the restrictions imposed could be different in each area , based on the circumstances. 

Aye, I'd be surprised at any full lockdown, especially once furlough ends.

Whether we want to do it or not, no chance we'll do a full lockdown if there is no furlough scheme.

NS hinting at lockdown for Greater Glasgow, which is 1.2m folk.

Be interesting to see how they play this given she'll since went on to plead for furlough to be extended.

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye, I'd be surprised at any  full lockdown, especially once furlough ends.

Whether we want to do it or not, no chance we'll do a full lockdown if there is no furlough scheme.

NS hinting at lockdown for Greater Glasgow, which is 1.2m folk.

Be interesting to see how they play this given she'll since went on to plead for furlough to be extended.

Glasgow, East Ren and West Dunbartonshire, where I live, are not allowed to have folk from other households from midnight 

46 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

Glasgow, East Ren and West Dunbartonshire, where I live, are not allowed to have folk from other households from midnight 

She's onto plums if she thinks folk are going to listen to that when you can go to pubs, restaurants,  gyms etc.

Imagine being a teacher who lives themselves, teaches 100+ kids each day all week but she's now saying they cant visit a mate or family on their day off. 

Aye no bother 😂😂

8 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

So I’m supposed to be going to the Lake District at the weekend. These Glasgow lockdown rules are suitably vague that I’m not sure if that’s permitted or not! 

You're staying a hotel I presume and not visiting a house so go to pubs/restaurants down there and enjoy yourself. 

7 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Have to agree, the dust has settled and folk now understand the risks and would be a lot more "daring" going forward IMO. Dont get me wrong folk are still worried but do they think the risks out weigh the alternative? i think folk in general are just wanting to push on carefully. 

6 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You're staying a hotel I presume and not visiting a house so go to pubs/restaurants down there and enjoy yourself. 

That’s my take on it too. We’re taking the in-laws as well but they’re fine with it. I suppose the only issue would be if the B&B maybe don’t accept us. 

50 minutes ago, biffer said:

Rates in Glasgow and West Dunbartonshire are such that if they were foreign countries we’d have them on the quarantine list.

Just got sent this

Makes my blood boil 
The infection rate per 100,000 people which guides the science 
Aberdeen at its height 14 per 100,000 people, entire city shut off
Glasgow just now 22 per 100,000
Dumbartonshire 33 per 100,000, just advised not to go to other people’s houses
I’m an aberdonion first and foremost before being Scottish, an enemy of Aberdeen is no friend of mine. Have had Nippys back through most of this but she’s taking the piss now 

26 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Just got sent this

Makes my blood boil 
The infection rate per 100,000 people which guides the science 
Aberdeen at its height 14 per 100,000 people, entire city shut off
Glasgow just now 22 per 100,000
Dumbartonshire 33 per 100,000, just advised not to go to other people’s houses
I’m an aberdonion first and foremost before being Scottish, an enemy of Aberdeen is no friend of mine. Have had Nippys back through most of this but she’s taking the piss now 

'Nippy' kinda gives the game away in terms of motive

Spain had a 5/100,000 When the UKG shut them down

Abz & Gla appear(ed) beyond that.... 

1 hour ago, Redz said:

'Nippy' kinda gives the game away in terms of motive

Spain had a 5/100,000 When the UKG shut them down

Abz & Gla appear(ed) beyond that.... 

Also the 'Aberdonian first and foresmost' is a strong indicator that he is likely to be a moaning Tory cunt of the highest order. 

1 hour ago, phart said:

It's hard to tell, the number of folk tested who would normally be asymptomatic has increased greatly.

Eg1SYiJWkAMTyOf?format=png&name=4096x409

I suspect that’s mostly schoolkids. 

Saw something earlier which had - and I’m doing it from memory so don’t guarantee the numbers are 100% - that there'd been over 20000 primary school kids tested but only a couple of hundred positive tests. 

This obviously coincides with the schools going back and a load of parents being over-cautious- and I’m being charitable there. 

Probably why they were reinforcing the whole “only get a test if you’ve got actual symptoms” line and why the system came under strain the other weekend.