Coronavirus - Page 179 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

On 8/11/2020 at 5:37 PM, phart said:

Yeah, I have no idea what the best practices are for making those sort of decisions.

Seeing Boris talk about a "moral duty" to get schools back just makes me roll my eyes. Israel put schools back and it faciliated a relative disaster, US looks like going that way as well.

So today England announced 5000 less deaths due to Covid. I know the reasons for it but I am cynical with schools going back in just a few weeks. The timing is very convenient.

53 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

I am still waiting om my 'fuckin' badge Hancock said i was getting.😉

Maybe there is only 1 badge and you'll need to wait your turn 😄

On a more serious note, looks like the "R" is back above 1.

Edited by bonzo

1 hour ago, bonzo said:

Maybe there is only 1 badge and you'll need to wait your turn 😄

On a more serious note, looks like the "R" is back above 1.

To be honest been busy at work and not paid much attention to the news lately. Not really surprised the 'R' number is up. Expect it to go up and down for a long time yet.

25 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

Today's figures 

43 new cases (down 8 from yesterday)

3 still in ICU

245 in hospital (up 1)

No new deaths. Hasn't been any since 15th July which is great news

It's not exploded in any meaningful way, another couple of weeks to see what effect if any the schools have had on it. Fingers crossed !

56 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Not sure its required now. First two weeks i understood the need for lockdown but an extra week seems like overkill to me

I think at least another week is needed to gauge what effect the schools going back is having. We might all be back in lockdown soon.

77 new infections today most since May 28th.

May 28th had just over 2000 new people tested though and was just over 8000 for todays number.

According to Tabby (the guy maintaining the site) the percentage of folk testing positive has largely remained static last couple of weeks.

Edited by phart

1 hour ago, phart said:

77 new infections today most since May 28th.

May 28th had just over 2000 new people tested though and was just over 8000 for todays number.

According to Tabby (the guy maintaining the site) the percentage of folk testing positive has largely remained static last couple of weeks.

Aye, it's been quite steady at about 1% of those new people tested. The WHO regard it as under control if it's below 5%, assuming an adequate testing system is in place.

Still a bit concerning though, and I don't think we've seen the impact of schools going back yet. If we don't see a big spike due to schools going back, I will be very surprised.

49 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Aye, it's been quite steady at about 1% of those new people tested. The WHO regard it as under control if it's below 5%, assuming an adequate testing system is in place.

Still a bit concerning though, and I don't think we've seen the impact of schools going back yet. If we don't see a big spike due to schools going back, I will be very surprised.

Yeah another 2 weeks or so for the first spikes to happen, if they do.

14 hours ago, phart said:

Yeah another 2 weeks or so for the first spikes to happen, if they do.

Oldmachar Academy in Aberdeen is shut today for a deep clean due to a positive case being in the school. 

They almost managed a whole week before something happened.