Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Is that a bit of a game changer for you caring for your relative?  

Makes everything easier especially since weather is getting shit again. Family can go into her house. I can take her out and into Tesco (with a mask) etc.

Will wait a bit longer before taking her in for a haircut though, but needs that.

It will have a bigger impact for other folk i imagine, my gran was pretty housebound as it was, however got a friend who has high risk and it's a huge relief for them.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, phart said:

https://www.gov.scot/news/quarantine-rules-lifted-for-spain/

 

I'll let you read and interpet it as that way if my interpetation is wrong i'm not liable for dodgy advice :P

Yeah thanks, that's pretty much what we've heard but there's been feck all since 🤔

Hopefully something more will be forthcoming tomorrow 🙅‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, slasher said:

Yeah thanks, that's pretty much what we've heard but there's been feck all since 🤔

Hopefully something more will be forthcoming tomorrow 🙅‍♂️

What more do you want? :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, slasher said:

Yeah thanks, that's pretty much what we've heard but there's been feck all since 🤔

Hopefully something more will be forthcoming tomorrow 🙅‍♂️

 

This advice is pretty clear. No quarantine required from 23rd of July if arriving from Spain:

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-public-health-checks-at-borders/pages/exemptions/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, min said:

 

This advice is pretty clear. No quarantine required from 23rd of July if arriving from Spain:

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-public-health-checks-at-borders/pages/exemptions/

Cheers 👍

 

3 hours ago, Orraloon said:

What more do you want? :unsure:

I wanted clarity on dates numb nuts, I now have it 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’re wearing masks in work now (mental health unit) bit of a farce though, we’re expected to wear 1 mask a shift, although I’m sure they told us at the start that they are protective for up to 2 hours, although these patients aren’t suspected of having covid, if they are it’s full PPE. But you see staff touching the outside of the mask and wearing it around their necks when in the office haha 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, slasher said:

Cheers 👍

 

I wanted clarity on dates numb nuts, I now have it 😎

Your stuffed donkey still needs to quarantine though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, slasher said:

 

I wanted clarity on dates numb nuts, I now have it 😎

FFS, I only asked a question. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

FFS, I only asked a question. ;)

The emoji gave me the impression you were being a tad facetious, apologies if I got it wrong. 

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Your stuffed donkey still needs to quarantine though. 

We travelled light Tidy, hand luggage only 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boris Johnson admitting things could have been done differently etc, and clearly blaming the scientists - says they implemented all measures they were advised to by SAGE, when they were advised to. It has begun. I'm hoping for retaliation from the scientists involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Israel's Supreme Court has ruled that Palestinian prisoners have no right to social distancing protection against coronavirus

In a ruling on Thursday, Israel's top court rejected a petition made by the Adalah legal centre for minority rights, which called on Israel to implement Covid-19 protective guidelines for inmates at Gilboa prison, a facility in northern Israel housing about 450 Palestinians classified by Israel as "security prisoners". 

In April, a group of UN human rights experts called on Israel "not to discriminate against" thousands of Palestinian prisoners facing high-risk exposure to coronavirus, asking the country to release the most vulnerable among them.

There are more than 4,520 Palestinian prisoners, including 183 children, 43 women and 700 detainees with pre-existing medical conditions in Israeli jails, the UN experts added. 

In its statement, the UN said Israel had released hundreds of Israeli prisoners due to the pandemic, but refused to release any of its Palestinian inmates.

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/coronavirus-israel-supreme-court-palestinians-prisoners-no-rights-social-distancing

183 children in prison is a bit crazy, I wonder what that means specifically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, phart said:

Israel's Supreme Court has ruled that Palestinian prisoners have no right to social distancing protection against coronavirus

In a ruling on Thursday, Israel's top court rejected a petition made by the Adalah legal centre for minority rights, which called on Israel to implement Covid-19 protective guidelines for inmates at Gilboa prison, a facility in northern Israel housing about 450 Palestinians classified by Israel as "security prisoners". 

In April, a group of UN human rights experts called on Israel "not to discriminate against" thousands of Palestinian prisoners facing high-risk exposure to coronavirus, asking the country to release the most vulnerable among them.

There are more than 4,520 Palestinian prisoners, including 183 children, 43 women and 700 detainees with pre-existing medical conditions in Israeli jails, the UN experts added. 

In its statement, the UN said Israel had released hundreds of Israeli prisoners due to the pandemic, but refused to release any of its Palestinian inmates.

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/coronavirus-israel-supreme-court-palestinians-prisoners-no-rights-social-distancing

183 children in prison is a bit crazy, I wonder what that means specifically.

I find it both shocking and abhorrent that Palestinian prisoners have no right to social distancing protection, totally abhorrent, as human right are surely being contravened, what a shit world when a religion who suffered cruelty beyond belief in the 2nd world war, can now think the fact that people who have a different deity belief from themselves have no rights to protection from a life threatening disease 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jcs said:

I find it both shocking and abhorrent that Palestinian prisoners have no right to social distancing protection, totally abhorrent, as human right are surely being contravened, what a shit world when a religion who suffered cruelty beyond belief in the 2nd world war, can now think the fact that people who have a different deity belief from themselves have no rights to protection from a life threatening disease 

The argument is the ruling affects all prisoners which it does ostensibly, till you look at the differences between how Israeli prisoners and Palestinian prisoners are housed, especially in overcrowding situations which are pertinent here, even the US have had concerns about it publicly.

 

US slams Israel’s treatment of Palestinian prisoners

Annual human rights report decries ‘killings and abuse of Palestinian detainees’; criticizes PA restrictions, Hamas killings and terrorism

The annual US State Department report on human rights violations worldwide contained harsh criticisms for Israel’s alleged institutional discrimination against Palestinians, especially in regard to its treatment of Palestinian prisoners.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/us-knocks-israels-treatment-of-palestinian-prisoners/

Edited by phart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also most infections in Scotland today since 19th June. Trending upwards, but at the same time no deaths for 9 days straight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, phart said:

Also most infections in Scotland today since 19th June. Trending upwards, but at the same time no deaths for 9 days straight.

Aye it's a bit of a concern. In recent days a lot of the spike was from the Sitel cluster. That needs to be investigated to learn how that started and spread so quickly. But we are also doing a lot more daily tests, which is good, but that will pick up more cases. 

Hopefully the trend doesn't continue upwards.

Sounds like Spain might be going back on the quarantine list soon. If Mr Slasher is reading this, you might want get back home soon if you don't want to quarantine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you travel to Spain from England you will have to quarantine for 14 days when you come back - starting Sunday

Makes you wonder why the Scottish Government folded under media and unionist pressure

Edit - Scottish Government have followed suit

Edited by Ally Bongo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Aye it's a bit of a concern. In recent days a lot of the spike was from the Sitel cluster. That needs to be investigated to learn how that started and spread so quickly. But we are also doing a lot more daily tests, which is good, but that will pick up more cases. 

Hopefully the trend doesn't continue upwards.

Sounds like Spain might be going back on the quarantine list soon. If Mr Slasher is reading this, you might want get back home soon if you don't want to quarantine.

Yeah I've already had numerous messages from home, most of them laughing like fuck. I'm not arsed, we knew the risks when we came 🙅‍♂️

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2020 at 10:43 AM, Scotty CTA said:

Well, a non-detailed black 'tic-tac' is hardly convincing. It's more the 'story' that they're trying to peddle.

(There are no 'ET's' or 'big bang'/evolution of life on a flat motionless earth.)

Clean your inbox you Daftie - been calling you 3-4 times, but not picking up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2020 at 9:37 PM, slasher said:

Yeah I've already had numerous messages from home, most of them laughing like fuck. I'm not arsed, we knew the risks when we came 🙅‍♂️

A squad in Spain ( or maybe it was Ibiza ) getting interviewed about the change in quarantine rules, reporter clearly looking for a rant/moan at the government.  Just shrugged and said they would probably need 14 days to recover anyway 😂👍

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jim Beem said:

A squad in Spain ( or maybe it was Ibiza ) getting interviewed about the change in quarantine rules, reporter clearly looking for a rant/moan at the government.  Just shrugged and said they would probably need 14 days to recover anyway 😂👍

Anyone who was naive/stupid enough to go to Spain in the current situation has to expect this, so get on with it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jailender said:

Anyone who was naive/stupid enough to go to Spain in the current situation has to expect this, so get on with it.

100%. They also interviewed some helmet who went for 3 days. What the fuck is the rush ? 🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...