Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, teecee- said:

My posts are anti NS and her gov, never anti Scotland.  Scotland Independent in Europe hopefully soon and a gloat at Gove. Thanks for apology.

It's all about context though

Since NS & her Gov have diverged from Westminster Covid policy ( how much is arguable) their approach & guidance seems to be working so at the moment it seems a bit churlish to be attacking her on this issue

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, teecee- said:

That was my thinking last week but now in quarantine i'm beginning to have second thoughts. 

A bit fuckin late for second thoughts 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, slasher said:

A bit fuckin late for second thoughts 🤣

True just a bit fed  up watching fitba and racing and only 5 days in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, teecee- said:

True just a bit fed  up watching fitba and racing and only 5 days in.

How are they enforcing it? If you decided to say fuck it and go out would they know or care?

The whole thing seems mickey mouse. From what I can see it is ok for a visitor to come to the UK, name a relative's house as their place of quarantine, then spend two weeks in 'quarantine' while living with a household full of people who are not in quarantine and who are coming and going as they please.

Everything about the UK and Scotland's response has been a day late and a dollar short... half arsed garbage.

Edited by thplinth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

It's all about context though

Since NS & her Gov have diverged from Westminster Covid policy ( how much is arguable) their approach & guidance seems to be working so at the moment it seems a bit churlish to be attacking her on this issue

 

Cannot deny she is doing good job now with regards to the Virus. My biggest concern is the economy and unemployment which by coming out slowly could be devastating. This will hit youngsters especially hard and Bojo will not assist. Maybe from about 3 weeks ago less emphasis on crushing the virus and more on opening economy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, thplinth said:

How are they enforcing it? If you decided to say fuck it and go out would they know or care?

The whole thing seems mickey mouse. From what I can see it is ok for a visitor to come to the UK, name a relative's house as their place of quarantine, then spend two weeks in 'quarantine' while living with a household full of people who are not in quarantine and who are coming and going as they please.

Everything about the UK and Scotland's response has been a day late and a dollar short... half arsed garbage.

Supposed to by text and phone but can visit, day 5 and nor even a text. I tend to agree it's half arsed but think that suits our government. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 7/13/2020 at 4:50 PM, teecee- said:

Just out of interest , would you class the medical workers and others key workers who have worked during the pandemic as selfish if they went on holiday?

Yes, its just stupid.

And im a keyworker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Just been on FB with reeeky sporran.  One of the nicest guys I have had the fortune to go on trips with. I also played in the team he supports every week. He was a great poster on here but left because of the personal abuse.  Luckily I have big shoulders and never quit.  Also on FB with Big Ramy who is a good poster and a good man.  Doesn't hide behind a keyboard and send insults.  He is man enough and that will do for me.  Rant over.

Holy fuck ! That sounds like the zoom call from the bowels of hell 

  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Holy fuck ! That sounds like the zoom call from the bowels of hell 

I am imagining them being told in the bowels of hell, due to social distancing, we're installing Zoom... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using America as an example of what happens when you open up too early.

Look at their timeline (from a post elsewhere)

Case 1-1,000,000: 72 days

1m-2m: 44 days

2m-3m: 29 days

3m-4m?:hit 3m seven days ago and are at 3.4m, so probably 16 days total

Then as pointed out by the person collating the Scottish numbers

But when I say that, I mean Scotland had 3 more infections than last week, Northern Ireland 7 more, and England had 1,117 more.

The flu season kicks off shortly as well.

We're OK here atm, but now folk have started moving large distances the situation can get really dicey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Yeah but have you see Teecee’s tan ? 

Not so good this year Jim only 1 week in Spain this summer. In  all honesty went because Ryanair would not offer refund for flights.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Kirk said:

 

Yes, its just stupid.

And im a keyworker

All my family work for NHS,  50/50 split on issue. Good thing is you have a choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, teecee- said:

Not so good this year Jim only 1 week in Spain this summer. In  all honesty went because Ryanair would not offer refund for flights.

No refund offer from Ryanair ? Frankly I’m shocked. 🤥

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, teecee- said:

All my family work for NHS,  50/50 split on issue. Good thing is you have a choice.

50 % of your family are being wanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was at my dentist a couple of weeks ago and they said they thought the SG was going to try and push towards privatising dentistry. 
Received this email from them today. They are no happy.....

 

 

15th July 2020 

 

IMPORTANT NOTICE – THIS CONCERNS THE FUTURE OF NHS DENTAL SERVICES IN SCOTLAND 

 

Dear Patient, 

 

We hope you and your families are well during these testing times. We wish to update you on the current situation facing all Scottish dental practices that provide NHS services: 

 

  • The Scottish Government (SG) announced it will allow dental practices with registered NHS patients to provide ‘routine’ dental care from 13th of July 2020. However, SG have forbidden the use of Aerosol Generating Procedures on NHS patients within the practice. This is any treatment involving air and/or water – 95% of what we do involves aerosols. The SG have failed to acknowledge that a check-up requires use of aerosols to enable adequate inspection of your teeth and to plan your treatment properly. As an NHS patient, if you require an aerosol procedure such as a simple filling following a check up, we will  then have to refer you to an NHS Dental Hub.  

  • Our clinical staff have been fit tested for enhanced PPE and have undergone further cross infection training to comply with updated protocols and procedures. This ensures your visit to our practice is safe and reduces the risk for COVID-19 transmission. There is worldwide evidence supporting the safety of routine dental treatment with these measures. The SG department Health Improvement Scotland (HIS) also supports these measures therefore allowing us to offer private aerosol treatments in a safe manner. 

  • Subsequently, the only effective non-aerosol treatments we can provide on the NHS are extractions and temporary fillings for teeth. There is no such restriction on providing aerosol treatments privately in our practice. We follow GDC standards which means we offer private treatment as part of your options when consenting to your treatment plan. 

  • NHS dentistry has been underfunded for years and is only feasible through Government subsidies and contractor practices such as ours, running an efficient business with a high number of patients and short appointments. This is no longer sustainable as the COVID-19 pandemic means we cannot see enough patients to make our businesses viable without SG support. Currently we are only permitted to see 10 patients per day. 

  • We have written numerous letters to the SG to express our concerns yet they have imposed the closures and restrictions without proper consultation with the dental profession. 

  • Lastly as it has now been 4 months since we have carried out any dental examinations (which includes an oral cancer screen) we have decided to set up a private examination clinic for anyone who doesn’t wish to wait any longer. This is for your peace of mind. Should you wish to book an appointment for this – the cost is £30 and you will be given a 15 min slot – we are still adhering to social distancing so are limiting the footfall in the practice - if you need any further treatment you can decide to have this done privately or go onto our waiting list for NHS treatments  

 

You are also welcome to contact the practice for all your emergency and urgent dental needs but we regret that the NHS treatments we provide will be restricted for the reasons stated above. If you feel in any way concerned about the situation affecting you as an NHS patient we would encourage you to write to your MSP to express your dissatisfaction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems to be creeping in. I had a relative in their mid eighties go to their GP with a blocked ear just before Covid closed everything down and they were told that this was not done on the nhs now and they had to go somewhere else who charged them 30 quid for it. WTF is going on. Stealth privatisation under the SNP?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, thplinth said:

It seems to be creeping in. I had a relative in their mid eighties go to their GP with a blocked ear just before Covid closed everything down and they were told that this was not done on the nhs now and they had to go somewhere else who charged them 30 quid for it. WTF is going on. Stealth privatisation under the SNP?

Well I had that done recently. Seems many receptionists like to play god 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2020 at 2:40 PM, phart said:

 

It's really starting to ramp up now world wide, one of my smart friends (geneticist) reckons it wont ever go away will have to keep innoculating against it as it mutates... Shouldn't have phone the cant!

This one is looking promising. Dr Fauci thinks it will be available before the end of 2020, which will probably put the kiss of death on it.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2022483?query=featured_home

It is still possibly that we may never get a vaccine but I am hopeful that we will. The scientific community has never put as much effort into getting a vaccine for anything before this.

I think it is still possibly to control Covid 19 in a similar way that they did with SARS, if the political will is there to do it. It's clear that that political will is not there at present, in too many countries. I'm not sure how many deaths it will take to change that political will?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

This one is looking promising. Dr Fauci thinks it will be available before the end of 2020, which will probably put the kiss of death on it.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2022483?query=featured_home

It is still possibly that we may never get a vaccine but I am hopeful that we will. The scientific community has never put as much effort into getting a vaccine for anything before this.

I think it is still possibly to control Covid 19 in a similar way that they did with SARS, if the political will is there to do it. It's clear that that political will is not there at present, in too many countries. I'm not sure how many deaths it will take to change that political will?

 

Some promising results from the Oxford trials too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2020 at 1:53 PM, King Of Paisley said:

I was surprised to see Italy being on the list of countries you can visit but not quarantine even though it was the hardest hit country in Europe in terms of deaths and infections 

I think the past tense is very relevant here. Italy obviously had a horrendous time before the UK did but deaths and infections seem to have declined quite a lot. It was also very localised as far as I recall with the north, around Lombardy and Milan, being very badly hit in comparison to the south.

Just looking at figures from worldometers for the 11-15 July:

UK (mostly England) 2939 new cases  - Italy 876

UK 403 (mostly England) new deaths - Italy 59

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

I think the past tense is very relevant here. Italy obviously had a horrendous time before the UK did but deaths and infections seem to have declined quite a lot. It was also very localised as far as I recall with the north, around Lombardy and Milan, being very badly hit in comparison to the south.

Just looking at figures from worldometers for the 11-15 July:

UK (mostly England) 2939 new cases  - Italy 876

UK 403 (mostly England) new deaths - Italy 59

 

It would be interesting to see the breakdown of Lombardy v rest of Italy; and if/when Lombardy was locked down relative to rest of country?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2020 at 8:29 PM, teecee- said:

Supposed to by text and phone but can visit, day 5 and nor even a text. I tend to agree it's half arsed but think that suits our government. 

So has this 14 day quarantine pish been lifted then? I was just told by someone in the NHS that it had been since last Friday?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thplinth said:

So has this 14 day quarantine pish been lifted then? I was just told by someone in the NHS that it had been since last Friday?

Not lifted for Spain currently or for anyone who had to quarantine from anywhere before Fri 10th.  I know someone who arrived from Amsterdam on the 8th,  he was told he still had to quarantine till  14 days completed. No backdating freedom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...