Coronavirus - Page 152 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Was hoping the opening of pubs with outdoor spaces would be announced today, I have a weeks holiday next week.
Nope 😕

This might be the worst holiday since 2 weeks pishing down in Millport with Chico the clown . 

I suspect she had to do an about turn on that after the Neanderthals running about George Square. Imagine these wanks with a day in the beer garden under their belt ?

I think the pub beer gardens will remained closed until after 12th July. As tragic as that sounds. 

8 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😂

I am just trying to calculate if I could swim the Irish Sea in time for The Morgue reopening. 

You'd be welcome to shhtay at my gaff if ye'll get the fry on in the mornin'....

8 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

I suspect she had to do an about turn on that after the Neanderthals running about George Square. Imagine these wanks with a day in the beer garden under their belt ?

I think the pub beer gardens will remained closed until after 12th July. As tragic as that sounds. 

That is exactly what I said to my husband earlier. You cant control what they drink in their own garden or homes but you can prevent them getting access to pubs. 
The decision may have been in the balance and if so their actions have firmly tipped it to the side of caution. 

Seems some pubs are open right now, Brel in Ashton lane was open and taking orders in it's Beer garden yesterday - I had a work colleague tell me he saw two hotels serving outside in the South side in the last few days as well. I've also have a "non-essential" shop near me that has been opening this week as well. Folk are just ignoring the Gov, both here and nationally - watch as the rules change to match whats actually happening on the ground as they won't be able to enforce it other wise.

And here's Lewis Capaldi at the "Stag And Thistle" today - https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasgow-news/lewis-capaldi-south-side-strathbungo-18446208

They are saying it's "takeaway" - but, I wonder what the cops say if you wander off down the road with your "takeaway" pint in your hand ?

Edited by Lobey
extra info

37 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

My daughter works part time in Ikea, the shop reopens on Monday. I went into the kitchen last night and she was making her protective visor. The staff actually have to build their own visors 🙄

Does it come in a flat-pack kit?

52 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

My daughter works part time in Ikea, the shop reopens on Monday. I went into the kitchen last night and she was making her protective visor. The staff actually have to build their own visors 🙄

Is this provided by the employer, they just have to put it together or have they had to source it themselves?

54 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I didnt say it was a problem.

That's true. But your eye-rolling emoji is what gave aaid the impression that you had a problem with it. Should have gone with the laughing one :P

14 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

That's true. But your eye-rolling emoji is what gave aaid the impression that you had a problem with it. Should have gone with the laughing one :P

Och, I laugh far too much on here. In fact anyone would think I am of a cheery disposition. . 
 I like to mix it up a bit . Rolling  eyes usually means ‘rolling my eyes but with a smile on my face‘.
Rolling Hills on the other hand is ‘rolling my eyes without a smile on my face.

😁

BBC Newsnight going all out to get rid of the 2 metre distancing rule

An average of 1200 new cases every day in the UK for the last 7 days

June 13th 1425

June 14th 1514

June 15th 968

June 16th 1279

June 17th 1115

June 18th 1218

June 19th 1346

9 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

BBC Newsnight going all out to get rid of the 2 metre distancing rule

I've always thought it was going to go by the end of the month.  Unless i've misinterpreted it completely Gavin Williamson, the Education Sec, seemed to be saying last night that all students in all schools in England were going to be back full time every day in September. Nobody has picked him up on that as far as I know.  Now unless there is a major investment in mobile classrooms that can only happen by having no physical distancing between students.

I have a fairly small classroom where I can pack in 32 students.  With 2m distancing I get 11 students, cut it to 1m distancing (leave as its rumoured 2m for teacher) and its up to 14 but the only way you can have everyone in is to have no physical distancing at all.  I know that's children (though some of them will be 17 or 18) but that's what the implications are of what he said last night for education in England

5 minutes ago, exile said:

Maybe a stupid question, that's been covered before, but how come footballers allowed to play football, when they're not socially distancing?

Presumably its because they're being rigorously and regularly tested for Covid but that is costly.  Which is why the moneybags EPL can get back into action but why its a financial nightmare for smaller clubs that don't have the income from TV, sponsorship and have to rely on supporters coming through the gate.

Edited by Hertsscot

Another possibly stupid question, whatever happened to the nightingale hospitals, and the louisa jordan and dragon heart one? It seems some are on standby and some never operated on any patients? We don't hear about them any more... or are they on standby for a second wave? Obviously it's a good thing if they were/are never needed. But maybe the thing I missed is why, if they were to provide extra capacity for COVID intensive care, they didn't put more actually in there and free up more capacity for the normal patients - routine operations, and frail people who were instead discharged to care homes? I mean it seems that there has been a lot of criticism of routine operations and treatments being cancelled, and criticism of people being sent out of hospitals into care homes... while the COVID hospital lie empty. Maybe I missed something.