Coronavirus - Page 123 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

16 minutes ago, Farcity said:

Looking forward to see the clamour amongst the media regarding Cummins ignoring the lockdown. 

Laura Kuennesberg seems to be running interference for 10 Downing Street on Twitter, there's nothing particularly unusual about that.   She's also getting a fair amount of criticism for that, which again isn't unusual.  What is unusual is that a lot of the criticism is coming from other journalists and that pretty much never happens  

51 minutes ago, aaid said:

Laura Kuennesberg seems to be running interference for 10 Downing Street on Twitter, there's nothing particularly unusual about that.   She's also getting a fair amount of criticism for that, which again isn't unusual.  What is unusual is that a lot of the criticism is coming from other journalists and that pretty much never happens  

She's a proper nasty piece of work isn't she? Her bias is staggering, not even attempting to mask it. 

She is having a stinker and really has to go 

14 minutes ago, Farcity said:

She's a proper nasty piece of work isn't she? Her bias is staggering, not even attempting to mask it. 

She is having a stinker and really has to go 

I remember reading this on Wikipedia a while back. Quite the British establishment background...

"Kuenssberg was born in Italy in 1976 to Nick and Sally Kuenssberg.[3] Her father is a businessman and her mother worked in children's services and received a CBE for this in the 2000 New Year Honours.[4][5] Her paternal grandfather was Ekkehard von Kuenssberg, a co-founder, and president of the Royal College of General Practitioners.[6] Her maternal grandfather was the Scottish high court judge Lord Robertson and his brother Sir James Wilson Robertson was the last British Governor-General of Nigeria. Her older brother David is executive director of finance and resources at Brighton and Hove City Council.[7] Her older sister Joanna Kuenssberg is a former diplomat, having served as high commissioner to Mozambique."

15 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

I remember reading this on Wikipedia a while back. Quite the British establishment background...

"Kuenssberg was born in Italy in 1976 to Nick and Sally Kuenssberg.[3] Her father is a businessman and her mother worked in children's services and received a CBE for this in the 2000 New Year Honours.[4][5] Her paternal grandfather was Ekkehard von Kuenssberg, a co-founder, and president of the Royal College of General Practitioners.[6] Her maternal grandfather was the Scottish high court judge Lord Robertson and his brother Sir James Wilson Robertson was the last British Governor-General of Nigeria. Her older brother David is executive director of finance and resources at Brighton and Hove City Council.[7] Her older sister Joanna Kuenssberg is a former diplomat, having served as high commissioner to Mozambique."

Thank feck for that.   I was under the impression she was a Scot.   Whew, I can put my embarrassment away.

I must have some reverse cringe or something 🤔

Just reading through her Wiki page...

"In December 2016, Kuenssberg said a source had told her that the Queen had made comments supportive of leaving the EU in a private lunch at Windsor Castle. She initially decided not to report the comments because the BBC generally requires a story to have two sources before it can run.[19]"

She seems to have decided to drop that editorial policy lately 🙄

On the plus side, this should put a stop to Ruth Davidson's recent return to the airwaves.  She's no doubt scurried off to wherever it is she used to go to as leader whenever there was any whiff of trouble. 

9 hours ago, Dave78 said:

Her dad was a boss with J&B Coats in Paisley. 

12 hours ago, Farcity said:

Looking forward to see the clamour amongst the media regarding Cummins ignoring the lockdown. 

He's got to go, I hope the weasel is squirming into his cornflakes this morning.

Laura Kuenssberg (@bbclaurak) Tweeted: Few more details this morning - -small number of people in No 10 knew that Cummings had gone to Durham, not stayed in London -seems it was his sister who had offered to help with childcare when he and his wife fell ill -family stayed in separate house + had no contact in the end

She's just Dom's PR agent. 

Article by his wife makes no mention of Durham road trip https://spectator.us/getting-coronavirus-bring-clarity/

Change in the rules to allow child care came two weeks after the trip too.

Edited by ThistleWhistle

They claimed it was to get assistance with childcare, im sure they could've got that closer to home. Regardless, as it transpires they all got up there and stayed in the same, separate, accommodation and looked after the kid on their own. That suggests to me they are telling whoppers and that it was a completely unnecessary journey. 

They, aided by Kuntssberg, are bolting wee bits onto the story as they try to wriggle out if this. 

He simply has to go and so does she. Even Munchetty on BBC breakfast was sent out to bat for him, attempting to lay into Blackford over it. 

Edited by Farcity

7 minutes ago, Farcity said:

They claimed it was to get assistance with childcare, im sure they could've got that closer to home. Regardless, as it transpires they all got up there and stayed in the same, separate, accommodation and looked after the kid on their own. That suggests to me they are telling whoppers and that it was a completely unnecessary journey. 

They, aided by Kuntssberg, are bolting wee bits onto the story as they try to wriggle out if this. 

He simply has to go and so does she. Even Munchetty on BBC breakfast was sent out to bat for him, attempting to lay into Blackford over it. 

Probably worth pointing out that when interviewing someone the job of the interviewer is to ask questions and get the interviewer to answer them, it's also their job to subject the answers they receive to scrutiny.  If the interviewee's responses stand up to scrutiny that should be evident.

So in this case, it's not for Naga Munchetty to say, "och, Ian, that Dominic Cummings is a real James Hunt, isn't he, what does he think he's like".   That's not an interview, that's a chat.

its for her to say, "well what's he done that's so wrong" which then gives Ian Blackford the opportunity to explain exactly what it is he did and why that was wrong - which is what Blackford did.

Similarly, if and when, someone goes on camera and tries to defend him, that's when to go the other way.

26 minutes ago, aaid said:

Probably worth pointing out that when interviewing someone the job of the interviewer is to ask questions and get the interviewer to answer them, it's also their job to subject the answers they receive to scrutiny.  If the interviewee's responses stand up to scrutiny that should be evident.

So in this case, it's not for Naga Munchetty to say, "och, Ian, that Dominic Cummings is a real James Hunt, isn't he, what does he think he's like".   That's not an interview, that's a chat.

its for her to say, "well what's he done that's so wrong" which then gives Ian Blackford the opportunity to explain exactly what it is he did and why that was wrong - which is what Blackford did.

Similarly, if and when, someone goes on camera and tries to defend him, that's when to go the other way.

Im not sure if it was as innocent as all that but okay, in the interests of balance perhaps they should've got someone on who thought it was an acceptable thing to do and spoke to them. Maybe they did but I missed it but I suspect they weren't that bothered. 

23 minutes ago, Farcity said:

Im not sure if it was as innocent as all that but okay, in the interests of balance perhaps they should've got someone on who thought it was an acceptable thing to do and spoke to them. Maybe they did but I missed it but I suspect they weren't that bothered. 

No-one that's backing him is going anywhere near an interview.

i actually feel sorry for whatever patsy has to do the Downing St press conference this afternoon, it won't be Johnson that's for sure.

1 hour ago, aaid said:

No-one that's backing him is going anywhere near an interview.

i actually feel sorry for whatever patsy has to do the Downing St press conference this afternoon, it won't be Johnson that's for sure.

Hancock would be interesting . Faced with a media of any integrity he would disintegrate in no time. 

15 minutes ago, Farcity said:

Hancock would be interesting . Faced with a media of any integrity he would disintegrate in no time. 

Events may have overtaken this but I saw someone comment that while Gove, Raab and Sunak had leapt to his defence it was telling that there'd been no comment from Hancock so far.   Would be very very difficult for Hancock to follow this line without losing what little credibility he might have left. 

Edit, having just written this, I go on to Twitter and find that the twat has done exactly that.  I'd like to see how he justifies that.

Edited by aaid

Where the fuck is Boris?

Has he genuinely just disappeared again, is he social distancing himself from trouble, hiding in a fridge, stuck in a harness, taking a foreign holiday to avoid the riots, he really is amazing for going hiding as soon as anything happens.

Now, Im clearly a mad mental rabid horrid nationalist, but FFS can the UK not get someone who is easier to spot than Wheres Wally, even some of England deserves better than this rag dolled incompetent fuckwit. How can anyone justify voting for these wallopers.

33 minutes ago, aaid said:

Events may have overtaken this but I saw someone comment that while Gove, Raab and Sunak had leapt to his defence it was telling that there'd been no comment from Hancock so far.   Would be very very difficult for Hancock to follow this line without losing what little credibility he might have left. 

Edit, having just written this, I go on to Twitter and find that the twat has done exactly that.  I'd like to see how he justifies that.

BBC news a short time ago saying Raab and Sunak were supporting him saying he did nothing wrong, but they did not mention that other Tories were distancing themselves. 

The ‘caring for his child’ was getting laid on thick. Ian Blackford was the only MP they had on speaking out against him. Nothing from Labour.  Absolutely no scrutiny of why Raab and Sunak think he did nothing wrong. 

Dominic Raab has the depth of a puddle, he should never have been kept on after the whole ferry and UK is an island debacle. He really shouldnt be left alone with cutlery, let alone in charge of a department.

Even Teresa May looks competent compared to this lot.

Digging a hole:

A Tory minister has sparked outcry on Twitter after suggesting that Dominic Cummings' son could have been "taken into state care" if he had not travelled 260 miles to Durham. 

Simon Clarke, the MP for Middlesborough South and East Cleveland, cited Downing Street's statement this morning that Boris Johnson's most senior aide made the trip - which allegedly breached lockdown rules - to "ensure his young child could be properly cared for".

Former Labour MP Anna Turley replied: “Hang on? A minister saying the kids were now at risk of being taken into state care if Cummings didn’t drive the length of the country?! What?!”

Folk saying it was his maw's birthday that weekend. Citing a companys house reference she was born in April 49.

I just keep coming back this Chomsky clip.

Edited by phart

5 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Laura Kuenssberg (@bbclaurak) Tweeted: Few more details this morning - -small number of people in No 10 knew that Cummings had gone to Durham, not stayed in London -seems it was his sister who had offered to help with childcare when he and his wife fell ill -family stayed in separate house + had no contact in the end

She's just Dom's PR agent. 

Article by his wife makes no mention of Durham road trip https://spectator.us/getting-coronavirus-bring-clarity/

Change in the rules to allow child care came two weeks after the trip too.

That little witch can spin it all she likes. Cummings has flouted the rules. The cunt needs hounded out. After all, the likes of the state broadcaster went after Catherine Calderwood like a pack of dogs going after a fox