Coronavirus - Page 416 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Can't see any need to miss the golf. You'll probably spend most of the in the trees well away from other folk anyway. 😂

Tested negative this morning but feel like shit to be honest so didn't want to drive 2 hours then feel rough as a dog after the first 18 so pussied out.  

Now I'm WFH instead doing the work of the bastards on the golf course so an absolute rookie mistake on my part and would have been much better hanging out my arse stuck in a bush.   

On 6/9/2022 at 10:56 AM, Jersey Jim said:

Did he burn his soup? 

Soup again tonight ! Every night he has had a tin of Batchelors Scotch Broth as he cant cook anything else. Scotch Broth  and Bombay mix tapas. 

19 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Is he hiding in the shed?

He has now tested positive so is back in the bedroom . So much for that 30-35 % infection rate 🙄 Back in the bedroom and snoring his head off again. 
We were supposed to be flying to Belfast tonight for the game in Dublin tomorrow. Rubbish timing. 

So Scotland's Covid rate reduced much more slowly than any other nation in the UK and only reduced to 1 in 50 with all other nations reducing to 1 in 70/75.  Scotland is now increasing again this week to 1 in 40 with England and Wales staying static, NI has taken a jump too but still has lower rates than Scotland.

We seem destined to sit at higher rates on average which I still don't get. As mentioned there is the population density issue but this didn't seem to be impacting originally or is it now just because no one is taking any mitigations whatsoever.

2 hours ago, Lamia said:

So Scotland's Covid rate reduced much more slowly than any other nation in the UK and only reduced to 1 in 50 with all other nations reducing to 1 in 70/75.  Scotland is now increasing again this week to 1 in 40 with England and Wales staying static, NI has taken a jump too but still has lower rates than Scotland.

We seem destined to sit at higher rates on average which I still don't get. As mentioned there is the population density issue but this didn't seem to be impacting originally or is it now just because no one is taking any mitigations whatsoever.

English prevalence is turning up according to the ONS daily prevalence report

admission rates too

9 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Cheers. I had a look at that a few months ago (not checked it since). I'm not in the high risk groups but was wondering it there's a plan for rest of population to get another with covid still circulating in high numbers. I was under impression this will be ongoing booster shots every 6-12 months.

1 hour ago, fringo said:

Cheers. I had a look at that a few months ago (not checked it since). I'm not in the high risk groups but was wondering it there's a plan for rest of population to get another with covid still circulating in high numbers. I was under impression this will be ongoing booster shots every 6-12 months.

They'll need to decide what vaccine to use. Whether they will tweak it for a specific variant etc.

Also live attenuated vaccines going through trials as well that look really effective so far.

Or in other words fuck knows.

4 hours ago, fringo said:

I was just going by the age of some of your jokes and thought you might fit into one of the categories. 😉

On 6/10/2022 at 6:56 PM, fringo said:

They announced a draft plan to vaccinate over 65s and immunocompromised in the Autumn in England but said that it could be extended. 

• 2 weeks later...

The one thing that is completely overlooked in all the Partygate stuff is not that they broke their own rules and acted like complete hypocrites, all that is true of course, but the thing that no one really discusses is that they clearly did not fear the virus.

They were not worried about putting themselves at high risk of catching it by breaking all the supposed critical advice they were telling to the general public (masks, social distancing, gathering in large groups).

This was supposedly a deadly and dangerous virus yet at the height of the fear they were all getting together for parties.

So they obviously did not fear the virus while at the same time telling us to fear the virus. That is the scandal here IMHO.

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

The one thing that is completely overlooked in all the Partygate stuff is not that they broke their own rules and acted like complete hypocrites, all that is true of course, but the thing that no one really discusses is that they clearly did not fear the virus.

They were not worried about putting themselves at high risk of catching it by breaking all the supposed critical advice they were telling to the general public (masks, social distancing, gathering in large groups).

This was supposedly a deadly and dangerous virus yet at the height of the fear they were all getting together for parties.

So they obviously did not fear the virus while at the same time telling us to fear the virus. That is the scandal here IMHO.

Yes, that's the thing that I don't understand. In the early days of the virus, most people were observing the restrictions and when anyone was caught bending the rules (that woman - Calderwood? - who sent to stay at her holiday home) they were sacked mad/or fined.  The partygate people seem to have acted as if they were immune from the virus and knew it.

I tested positive on Monday, must have caught it in Armenia or Greece. Negative test today thankfully.

We keep seeing the numbers going up, I wonder what the real numbers are these days, as I didn't report myself to anyone, wonder how many others are similar.

On 6/24/2022 at 8:21 AM, thplinth said:

There have always been people who haven’t feared it so don’t think that is surprising in the slightest. 

8 hours ago, ger intae them said:

….. and people who ‘over fear’ it.

it’s successfully contained by vaccine and now the lack of masks causes some increase. It all makes sense and it isn’t at all serious for most.

To be fair it came first for reason of death in 2020,2021 and is third in 2022.

Although of course there has been a spectrum of different attitudes to it.

On 6/27/2022 at 10:09 PM, ger intae them said:

….. and people who ‘over fear’ it.

it’s successfully contained by vaccine and now the lack of masks causes some increase. It all makes sense and it isn’t at all serious for most.

Aye, you see folk who seem almost desperate for another lockdown for some reason. Admittedly not many but strange seeing it on social media as soon as there is a wee jump.