Coronavirus - Page 411 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

52 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Looks like out first minister might be joining those idiots in Westminster in the fixed penalty club. 

The Police have said all that was required was a reminder

However this i why i hate Unionists with a fucking passion especially the fucking oddball vile witch that reported her

19 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

The Police have said all that was required was a reminder

However this i why i hate Unionists with a fucking passion especially the fucking oddball vile witch that reported her

All done and dusted according to the police. Wouldn't be surprised if somebody tries to do a private prosecution or something though? 😂

5 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

All done and dusted according to the police. Wouldn't be surprised if somebody tries to do a private prosecution or something though? 😂

I’m sure TartanTonna will be along with some amusing memes any time now 

41 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Almost certain

Janela X has already had a meltdown and is calling Police Scotland SNP shrills

Sturgeon forgot to put her mask on for a few seconds.

With the best will in the world, it happens.

I've accidently left the house without one on a couple of occasions and even when I've had one in my pocket I've wandered around a Tesco Express for a couple of minutes before I've remembered to put it on.

People condemning her are opportunist pricks.

I heard Andrew Pierce going on about it. He's such prick.

In fact, during the Euro's last year he kept mentioning football fans in Leicester Square (outside the LBC studios) and how they weren't social distancing whatsoever.

That's a fair point, but for some strange reason he always added, "Many of them didn't even have their shirts on".

... and he was still mentioning this in the autumn!!!

Now, I get his point about social distancing, but for the life of me can't fathom why he always added the bit about them being shirtless. What's that got to do with anything?

1 hour ago, Rich NATA said:

That's a fair point, but for some strange reason he always added, "Many of them didn't even have their shirts on".

... and he was still mentioning this in the autumn!!!

Now, I get his point about social distancing, but for the life of me can't fathom why he always added the bit about them being shirtless. What's that got to do with anything?

Without being homophobic - in the parlance of the times - he is a buftie and probably enjoyed it

His real name is Patrick J Connolly too

Probably too catholic for his Tory chums

13 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Without being homophobic - in the parlance of the times - he is a buftie and probably enjoyed it

His real name is Patrick J Connolly too

Probably too catholic for his Tory chums

TBF, his mother had him in a Nazareth House and he was subsequently adopted.  I doubt he had any say in changing his name. 

33 minutes ago, aaid said:

TBF, his mother had him in a Nazareth House and he was subsequently adopted.  I doubt he had any say in changing his name. 

I never knew that

Apologies Andrew

On air, he often mentions his faith and his church-going, but he doesn't strike me as a caring, compassionate, Christian.

This past weekend, he was questioning the Archbishop of Canterbury's criticism of his Tory chums over the refugee crisis and the Rwanda plan.

For the record, I thought the Archbishop played an absolute blinder at the weekend. Brilliant.

Edited by Rich NATA

Seriously, anyone trying to compare the 2 situations has reached desperate measures and I would think any neutral person would see that. 

Talking of masks, there is marked drop in folk wearing them on my trains since Monday’s rule change. I would say at peak commute times there was about 70-75% adherence over the last few weeks, probably about 10-15% now.  

44 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Seriously, anyone trying to compare the 2 situations has reached desperate measures and I would think any neutral person would see that. 

Talking of masks, there is marked drop in folk wearing them on my trains since Monday’s rule change. I would say at peak commute times there was about 70-75% adherence over the last few weeks, probably about 10-15% now.  

The good thing though is that, in the current climate,  someone not wearing a mask in say the Supermarket or on Public Transport is almost certainly a cunt

It is so obvious

Is it being equated to the shopping "cart" test.

The shopping cart is the ultimate litmus test for whether a person is capable of self-governing. To return the shopping cart is an easy, convenient task and one which we all recognize as the correct, appropriate thing to do. To return the shopping cart is objectively right. There are no situations than dire emergencies in which a person is not able to return their cart. Simultaneously, it is not illegal to abandon your shopping cart.

Therefore the shopping cart presents itself as the apex example of whether a person will do what is right without being forced to do it. No one will punish you for not returning the shopping cart, no one will fine you or kill you for not returning the shopping cart, you will gain nothing by returning the shopping cart. You must return the shopping cart out of the goodness of your own heart. You must return the shopping cart because it is the right thing to do. Because it is correct.

A person who is unable to do this is no better than an animal, an absolute savage who can only be made to do what is right by threatening them with a law and the force that stands behind it. The Shopping Cart is what determines whether a person is a good or bad member of society.

17 minutes ago, phart said:

The shopping cart is the ultimate litmus test for whether a person is capable of self-governing. To return the shopping cart is an easy, convenient task and one which we all recognize as the correct, appropriate thing to do. To return the shopping cart is objectively right. There are no situations than dire emergencies in which a person is not able to return their cart. Simultaneously, it is not illegal to abandon your shopping cart.

Therefore the shopping cart presents itself as the apex example of whether a person will do what is right without being forced to do it. No one will punish you for not returning the shopping cart, no one will fine you or kill you for not returning the shopping cart, you will gain nothing by returning the shopping cart. You must return the shopping cart out of the goodness of your own heart. You must return the shopping cart because it is the right thing to do. Because it is correct.

A person who is unable to do this is no better than an animal, an absolute savage who can only be made to do what is right by threatening them with a law and the force that stands behind it. The Shopping Cart is what determines whether a person is a good or bad member of society.

You'll love the Cart Narcs....

2 hours ago, phart said:

Very true.

2 hours ago, Dave78 said:

You'll love the Cart Narcs....

😂 and perfect example.

3 hours ago, phart said:

Which is why Lidl make you pay a £1 deposit. 😂

4 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

The good thing though is that, in the current climate,  someone not wearing a mask in say the Supermarket or on Public Transport is almost certainly a cunt

It is so obvious

😔 aw feck.  Yesterday I forgot my mask.   Not just for 3 seconds, I didn't have one on me.   I'd fekkin' cycled all the way there, so I was in and out faster than anyone could shout hypocrite (i.e. all those other cnuts that didn't wear one last 2 fekkin years out of my life 😡 ).   Anyway, I held my breath, grabbed the parsley, Gaviscon and Germoloids and was gone in a flash.

Not rippin' the pish, every word is true...

6 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

😔 aw feck.  Yesterday I forgot my mask.   Not just for 3 seconds, I didn't have one on me.   I'd fekkin' cycled all the way there, so I was in and out faster than anyone could shout hypocrite (i.e. all those other cnuts that didn't wear one last 2 fekkin years out of my life 😡 ).   Anyway, I held my breath, grabbed the parsley, Gaviscon and Germoloids and was gone in a flash.

Not rippin' the pish, every word is true...

And what did you make for dinner?

I'm still testing positive. Can't seem to sleep for any significant length of time without having a coughing fit and struggling for air. It's hit me pretty hard, worse than it hit my 85 year old nan. You never know how your body is going to respond to the virus