Coronavirus - Page 385 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

• 20,217 new cases of COVID-19 reported*
  • 65,860 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results*
    • 34.9% of these were positive
  • 38 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 1,031 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19

ICU still under 40. lot's of positive tests though and % is mental.

Probably a lot of incidental positives as well if following trend down south. Seems main issue is staffing due to isolation.

15 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Hearing that NSW health here are allowing staff to work if they have a positive test but are asymptomatic. Not sure if thatā€™s location specific or includes cities, regional and rural areas.Ā 

I know that Aussies are simple creatures, but that canā€™t be true, can it šŸ˜³

11 minutes ago, kumnio said:

I know that Aussies are simple creatures, but that canā€™t be true, can it šŸ˜³

Sorry talking shite, asymptomatic close contacts

NSWĀ HealthĀ announced late on Friday night that in ā€œexceptional circumstancesā€, frontline workers who are asymptomatic close contacts will be exempt from having to self-isolate for seven days, to avoid disruption to key services.

6 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Sorry talking shite, asymptomatic close contacts

NSWĀ HealthĀ announced late on Friday night that in ā€œexceptional circumstancesā€, frontline workers who are asymptomatic close contacts will be exempt from having to self-isolate for seven days, to avoid disruption to key services.

Thatā€™s what my wife has been told if anyone of us get it, but she doesnā€™t. She can still work at the nhs.Ā 

21 hours ago, phart said:
  • 20,217 new cases of COVID-19 reported*
  • 65,860 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results*
    • 34.9% of these were positive
  • 38 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 1,031 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19

ICU still under 40. lot's of positive tests though and % is mental.

Probably a lot of incidental positives as well if following trend down south. Seems main issue is staffing due to isolation.

A load of those positive cases will be folk who have gone in into hospital fo reasons other than COVID but have tested positive on arrival.Ā 

My sisters pal was in hospital same time as her giving birth. Both tested, her pal came back positive so had to wear mask etc during birth and her husband wasnt allowed in. She would have counted as a COVID patient in hospital.Ā 

ICU is still very low, was 3 times that in the latter part of the summer in Scotland which hopefully means Omicron is very mild as many predicted and as SA suggested.Ā 

13 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Thatā€™s what my wife has been told if anyone of us get it, but she doesnā€™t. She can still work at the nhs.Ā 

My sister in law the same.Ā 

Which makes a mockery of the strict isolation rules in Scotland. If it is that dangerous then why are the rules bent to suit staffing shortages in the sectors that deal with the most vulnerable?

Currently you can't walk your dog for 10 days if you share a house with a positive case but in theory your next door neighbour would be told to go and work in a hospital in the same situation! BonkersĀ 

35 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Which makes a mockery of the strict isolation rules in Scotland. If it is that dangerous then why are the rules bent to suit staffing shortages in the sectors that deal with the most vulnerable?

Currently you can't walk your dog for 10 days if you share a house with a positive case but in theory your next door neighbour would be told to go and work in a hospital in the same situation! BonkersĀ 

The rules aren't being "bent". Different rules have applied to some NHS staff for a while now. There is logic to having different rules for different for different people. You might not agree with the rules, and in time it might be shown that the decision was wrong, but they have been thought through. They are taking calculated risks all the time with these decisions. They won't get them all right.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

A load of those positive cases will be folk who have gone in into hospital fo reasons other than COVID but have tested positive on arrival.Ā 

Ā 

Yeah they're calling them incidental positives. Ir's what I was saying.

Also their changing the rules on staffing probably cause it is less dangerous to have staff with potential exposure but negative test working than having lower level of staff.

As risk profiles change so do the rules to mitigate them, it's a simple strategy,

Anybody else had an absolute bstrd of a painful shoulder since getting jagged?Ā  It feels like the beginning of a frozen shoulder - reaching up, back or to the side is fkin hideous.Ā  I got no other symptoms after my 3 jags but tbh I would've preferred a few days with flu-like issues to this.Ā  Hopefully it'll wear off in time but not pleasant right now.Ā Ā šŸ˜¬

5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Ā 

Because it is more dangerous to be short staffed? I am astonished you seem unable to grasp any of the concepts - you might disagree with the balances being struck but at least then you would be arguing about the actual point.

19 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Anybody else had an absolute bstrd of a painful shoulder since getting jagged?Ā  It feels like the beginning of a frozen shoulder - reaching up, back or to the side is fkin hideous.Ā  I got no other symptoms after my 3 jags but tbh I would've preferred a few days with flu-like issues to this.Ā  Hopefully it'll wear off in time but not pleasant right now.Ā Ā šŸ˜¬

How long have you had it, anything more than a few days and you should probably contact the NHS.

I had mild flu for 24 hours after the first - AZ, nothing after the second, also AZ, then the Moderna booster.

The vaccinator told me I'd likely have a sore arm afterwards and did for about 2-3 days.

4 minutes ago, aaid said:

How long have you had it, anything more than a few days and you should probably contact the NHS.

I had mild flu for 24 hours after the first - AZ, nothing after the second, also AZ, then the Moderna booster.

The vaccinator told me I'd likely have a sore arm afterwards and did for about 2-3 days.

If you did have flu, of any description, mild or otherwise, it wasn't cause by the vaccine.

4 hours ago, phart said:

Yeah they're calling them incidental positives. Ir's what I was saying.

Also their changing the rules on staffing probably cause it is less dangerous to have staff with potential exposure but negative test working than having lower level of staff.

As risk profiles change so do the rules to mitigate them, it's a simple strategy,

Whitty has just said that - for England obviously but no reason to believe that itā€™s any different in Scotland - for the Ā majority of people who have been admitted to hospital COVID is the primary reason for their admission.Ā 

7 minutes ago, aaid said:

Whitty has just said that - for England obviously but no reason to believe that itā€™s any different in Scotland - for the Ā majority of people who have been admitted to hospital COVID is the primary reason for their admission.Ā 

Yeah it;s about 70-30 last figures I saw, it used to be as high as 97-3 or something , it all depends on prevalence.

Then you have problems with hospital acquired infections in people who are at risk and having to institute infection control etc. It sounds a nightmare to sort out.

15 minutes ago, aaid said:

Weeks. Didn't really want to bother a doctor though cos they've got enough on their plates.Ā  I'm assuming it's been the jags as I'm totally pain-free on the non-jagged side which does just as much physical work as the jagged one.

11 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Weeks. Didn't really want to bother a doctor though cos they've got enough on their plates.Ā  I'm assuming it's been the jags as I'm totally pain-free on the non-jagged side which does just as much physical work as the jagged one.

Give the hotline a call.Ā 

2 hours ago, daviebee said:

Anybody else had an absolute bstrd of a painful shoulder since getting jagged?

I received my booster 2 weeks ago and for the past week my upper arm has been aching significantly - Until today.

Today it seems to have eased significantly.

I expect to be tip-top within a day or two.