Coronavirus - Page 378 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

14 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

It's not worth it, if we go visit elderly relatives or vulnerable relatives and they catch it, id feel horrible 

Exactly.

Wish more folk would think of that than bumping their gums. 

All those arseholes boasting about heading to Newcastle to party will be the first in the queue to use the NHS if they were poorly with COVID.

It's three weeks too, you selfish arseholes. Think about others less vulnerable than yourself - it might be non symptomatic for a 21 year old but that could knock another person off their feet for a few days, weeks. And spare the stats, 40% less deadly, SA doing well with it etc. 

PS not a go at you, vander. Also, what Scotland, wales and NI are doing is basically what most European states are doing. 

I feel for folk in the hospitality sector who are out of work right now. I'm just fed up of mostly grown men behaving like spoilt little tarts really when they basically do what they want anyway,  but the fitba is off for their winter break earlier.

Edited by weekevie04

21 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Exactly.

All those arseholes boasting about heading to Newcastle to party will be the first in the queue to use the NHS if they were poorly with COVID.

It's three weeks too, you selfish arseholes. Think about others less vulnerable than yourself - it might be non symptomatic for a 21 year old but that could knock another person off their feet for a few days, weeks. And spare the stats, 40% less deadly, SA doing well with it etc. 

PS not a go at you, vander. Also, what Scotland, wales and NI are doing is basically what most European states are doing. 

I feel for folk in the hospitality sector who are out of work right now. I'm just fed up of mostly grown men behaving like spoilt little tarts really when they basically do what they want anyway,  but the fitba is off for their winter break earlier.

It amazes me how little respect some folk have for others, and how people cannot adapt to some basic restrictions for a period of time. It is the modern world where people think the world evolves around them and their needs. 
There were half a dozen wee neds in central station yesterday, none with masks on , walking through the station passing vapes to each other and blowing their smoke into the face of everyone walking behind them. I felt like saying something to the wee shites but I would be wasting my time. 

10 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

It amazes me how little respect some folk have for others, and how people cannot adapt to some basic restrictions for a period of time. It is the modern world where people think the world evolves around them and their needs. 
There were half a dozen wee neds in central station yesterday, none with masks on , walking through the station passing vapes to each other and blowing their smoke into the face of everyone walking behind them. I felt like saying something to the wee shites but I would be wasting my time. 

It doesn't surprise me. Was out a week before Christmas and tons of them around 20 or so, were doing the same (and openly taking more illegal substances) without a care in the world. Probably best you didn't say anything, they might have given it back or went for you.

To sound like yer grumpy Da, but even in the last 20 years the levels of selfishness and ego in many folk are off the level. I blame watching too much US shite and social media in general.

Edited by weekevie04

4 hours ago, DAVIDB46 said:

With leitch saying today that they expected peak of case numbers late January early February , tells you there will be no return to crowds mid January .

whilst we focus on case numbers here as opposed to the outcome of them nothing will change here

They'll know more than me but I can't really work out how cases will peak 5 weeks from now unless it's a long sustained slow rise to the peak, i can see hospital numbers etc doing that if they lag by 3 weeks.

I'd like to see the working so I can understand it.

2 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Or is it the other way around, young folk are being denied their right to live a normal life 

What exactly is a "normal life"?

Everyone has to give a bit for the overall good. Young people need services to run too and also I assume don't want to lose family members even if they don't care about their immediate health implications from Covid. 

Edited by Lamia

16 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

It doesn't surprise me. Was out a week before Christmas and tons of them around 20 or so, were doing the same (and openly taking more illegal substances) without a care in the world. Probably best you didn't say anything, they might have given it back or went for you.

To sound like yer grumpy Da, but even in the last 20 years the levels of selfishness and ego in many folk are off the level. I blame watching too much US shite and social media in general.

The UK is quickly becoming America, not a good move IMO. 

My niece is a nurse, she only finished her training a year ago , she  has been drafted in to help out in another ward for 6 weeks as there are so many staff off with covid or stress, she was looking after 15 patients the last few days, double the amount she should be looking after. People just do not seem to understand the knock on effect the virus is having  on the NHS, they only see what they personally are being deprived of. When they are deprived of a hospital bed or an operation they may then realise. 

6 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

The UK is quickly becoming America, not a good move IMO. 

My niece is a nurse, she only finished her training a year ago , she  has been drafted in to help out in another ward for 6 weeks as there are so many staff off with covid or stress, she was looking after 15 patients the last few days, double the amount she should be looking after. People just do not seem to understand the knock on effect the virus is having  on the NHS, they only see what they personally are being deprived of. When they are deprived of a hospital bed or an operation they may then realise. 

It really isn’t.   There are arseholes out there, and some on here, but their actual numbers are low in comparison to how their voices are amplified.  Remember, empty vessels make the most noise.   The vast majority of the population are doing the right things. 

16 hours ago, Orraloon said:

It's because you are a close contact of somebody else who has tested positive. You might turn positive in a few days time, or you may never get it at all. None of the rules are perfect. They can't be made perfect as there are too many unknowns. They make the rules based on what they think will reduce the number of infections overall.

The rules are being made by fallible people who don't have all the answers or all of the data they would like to have. This is one of the reasons why different counties have different rules.

Being serious this time, I think this rule is taking it too far. Me result is negative as is my wife, we are both double vaccinated and boostered more than two weeks ago. We will be doing daily LFTs but we still can't leave the house.🙄

39 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Being serious this time, I think this rule is taking it too far. Me result is negative as is my wife, we are both double vaccinated and boostered more than two weeks ago. We will be doing daily LFTs but we still can't leave the house.🙄

Do you live with the person who tested positive? If you don't, then you might be able to stop isolating after a negative test. 

17 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

Exactly.

There is absolutely nothing stopping folk going to Newcastle or wherever for a night out. Wouldnt call folk going for a weekend away arseholes. 

Are folk that go to say weddings this week in Scotland arseholes for mixing with 200 + folk with no restrictions?

47 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I'm assuming it's test and protect who have told you to isolate for 10 days?

You only need to isolate if you love with the person and even then Scotland is an outlier with this rule.

South Africa have all but sacked off isolation rules. Funnily enough despite being ahead of us on this, their health service isnt being swamped. 

46 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Do you live with the person who tested positive? If you don't, then you might be able to stop isolating after a negative test. 

Remember that conversation about the patent for mRNA and how I thought it should be public access basically. Well looking more into it seems that that sort of thinking is more inline with how the HIV epidemic was managed as it was intellectual property that was the choke point in supply, once they solved that everyone just went and made the treatments.

With mRNA the choke point is regarding technical production, you can give folk the formula but they don't have the equipment etc to make it, they'd have to ship the technical requirements to each location and the easiest route is just to increase production where it is.

So It isn't as simple as I thought it was, which normally is the case I guess.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Its madness. Sturgeon won't change it for a while yet as itll make her look stupid for mocking it.

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Technically we don't live with my mum. She was with us at Christmas and we flew up to Aberdeen with her. She got home and tested positive. We are at my in laws and we've tested negative on both LFT and PCR 

Track and trace haven't been in touch

14 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Its madness. Sturgeon won't change it for a while yet as itll make her look stupid for mocking it.

Which bit do you want changed? They are looking at reducing it to 7 days. I wouldn't be surprised if that changed soon after New Year. 

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Technically we don't live with my mum. She was with us at Christmas and we flew up to Aberdeen with her. She got home and tested positive. We are at my in laws and we've tested negative on both LFT and PCR 

Track and trace haven't been in touch

It's "test and protect" in Scotland, just in case you want to get in touch with them. I don't think you need to be isolating based on what you have told us. Plug your answers into here.

https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses-and-conditions/infections-and-poisoning/coronavirus-covid-19/test-and-protect/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-for-households-with-possible-coronavirus-infection

If your answers are No, No, Yes then I think you can stop isolating after a negative PCR test. Contact Test and Protect if you are not sure. They are busy though so you might need to wait a wee while. 

2 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

It's "test and protect" in Scotland, just in case you want to get in touch with them. I don't think you need to be isolating based on what you have told us. Plug your answers into here.

https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses-and-conditions/infections-and-poisoning/coronavirus-covid-19/test-and-protect/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-for-households-with-possible-coronavirus-infection

If your answers are No, No, Yes then I think you can stop isolating after a negative PCR test. Contact Test and Protect if you are not sure. They are busy though so you might need to wait a wee while. 

Thanks

The answers are No, No and Yes and we've just had a negative test