Coronavirus - Page 355 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

I'm going to my sisters down south for Christmas. Lockdown or no. Not seen my family for over two years and to be honest if they cunts can have Christmas parties and laugh about it so can I. 

Two jags and booster this Tuesday.

Sick of it

15 minutes ago, chaff said:

I'm going to my sisters down south for Christmas. Lockdown or no. Not seen my family for over two years and to be honest if they cunts can have Christmas parties and laugh about it so can I. 

Sick of it

If Boris pulled out another lockdown Over christmas who the fuck is going to listen to that cunt now?🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I ain't doing it. Probably gonna cost me my living...

I'm not a COVID denier, I know folks that have died. But I'm absolutely scunnered with the continued hysteria surrounding it, as a percentage of the population of Scotland, how many have caught it and how many have died?

I've done everything they've asked. Didn't even go to a restaurant until August this year.

Enough is enough and given the Tories attitude to us and them then fuck it.

England is kicking off about vaccine passports now given there was already a baseline opposition and the backdrop of the recent Tory shambles has made the timing rather comedy.  

Amusingly, the news was saying that Scot Tories are fuming as well given their default opposition to anything the SNP implement. They’ve tried to get mileage out of opposition to vaccine passports but are now made to look stupid by their paymasters. 

17 minutes ago, chaff said:

, how many have caught it and how many have died?

Case fatality rate is 1.29% off official numbers.

However there is sure to be more infections than cases.

0.18% of the population have died (not exact as no exact number of people in Scotland is known)

So somewhere between 0.18% and 1.29% as a percentage.

As a total number 9672 people going by a positive test in 28 day criteria.

However that's also probably an under count. There has been 12216 deaths were covid is mentioned on the death certificate (as of 5/12/2021)

Excess deaths are the highest in peacetime since 1891 last year and there are more in 2021.

750k confirmed positive I think , roughly

Just answering the question.

16 minutes ago, phart said:

0.18% of the population have died (not exact as no exact number of people in Scotland is known)

However that's also probably an under count. There has been 12216 deaths were covid is mentioned on the death certificate (as of 5/12/2021)

Excess deaths are the highest in peacetime since 1891 last year and there are more in 2021.

Appreciate it phart

7 minutes ago, chaff said:

Appreciate it phart

I said this morning now no one will listen to the Tories regarding any new restrictions.

Omicron is now in just over 6% of random swabbing is displacing Delta amazingly fast has an aggregated R of over 4 (confidence interval 3.25-5.09) and a doubling time under 3 days. If current rates continue then it will be the dominant strain before years end.

If I wasn't the primary carer for my gran i'd probably be scunnered as well. Although since it's spreading so fast we'll peak sometime in January/Feb then it will fall down again, problem is with such a rapid rise 30% of total cases will occur in the space of just a week (on current trajectory) which means 30% of hospitalisations as well which is going to be rocky as fuck if there is a significant drop of in severe outcome protection from the vaccine.

15 minutes ago, phart said:

I said this morning now no one will listen to the Tories regarding any new restrictions.

Omicron is now in just over 6% of random swabbing is displacing Delta amazingly fast has an aggregated R of over 4 (confidence interval 3.25-5.09) and a doubling time under 3 days. If current rates continue then it will be the dominant strain before years end.

If I wasn't the primary carer for my gran i'd probably be scunnered as well. Although since it's spreading so fast we'll peak sometime in January/Feb then it will fall down again, problem is with such a rapid rise 30% of total cases will occur in the space of just a week (on current trajectory) which means 30% of hospitalisations as well which is going to be rocky as fuck if there is a significant drop of in severe outcome protection from the vaccine.

I'll be taking a lat flow test before I go and my sister will get the clan to do the same. But you're right, how can we possibly adhere to what the government says when they've done the complete opposite.

As I said I've done everything they've asked, they're taking us for absolute fuckin mugs.

Fuck them.

I sympathize with your situation.

Just now, chaff said:

I'll be taking a lat flow test before I go and my sister will get the clan to do the same. But you're right, how can we possibly adhere to what the government says when they've done the complete opposite.

As I said I've done everything they've asked, they're taking us for absolute fuckin mugs.

Fuck them.

I sympathize with your situation.

Ack i'm fine. Means i'm not having to get up at 6am to go to the gym anymore!

Aye I'm meant to meeting on 19th with 3 sets of friends we'll all take LFT on the day and take it from there. Was meant to meet 2 months ago but one of the kids tested positive so had to scrap it.

What else can you do? My gran had a couple of her nieces up at weekend , took LFT's before meeting. All you can ask really. Plus my gran might not see them again anyway as they live down south.

That's everyone boosted bar my brother who's due start of Jan so everything has been done that can be done.

9 minutes ago, phart said:

Ack i'm fine. Means i'm not having to get up at 6am to go to the gym anymore!

Aye I'm meant to meeting on 19th with 3 sets of friends we'll all take LFT on the day and take it from there. Was meant to meet 2 months ago but one of the kids tested positive so had to scrap it.

What else can you do? My gran had a couple of her nieces up at weekend , took LFT's before meeting. All you can ask really. Plus my gran might not see them again anyway as they live down south.

That's everyone boosted bar my brother who's due start of Jan so everything has been done that can be done.

👍🏻

10 hours ago, phart said:

Deaths (or mortality rate)  as a % of the population doesn't come out as bad does it?

I think I remember looking at it and every year before 2000 or something was worse than what we are experiencing. Is that correct?

It's not the mortality rates that I find concerning. It's every cunt dieing at the one time in January 2022 that is pre-occupying me!

11 hours ago, chaff said:

Sick of it

Yeah I don't think you can ask people not to see family. That can't be on the list of things we are prepared to do.

9 hours ago, phart said:

It's a problem. 

Folk need to look through their disdain for the government though and be prepared to suck up lower cost / higher impact measures e.g. masks, restricted indoor meet ups etc. 

It doesn't help bringing in divisive, and unhelpful, measures like vaccine passports.  Or having Cummings...or parties...or whatevers next. 

17 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Deaths (or mortality rate)  as a % of the population doesn't come out as bad does it?

I think I remember looking at it and every year before 2000 or something was worse than what we are experiencing. Is that correct?

It's not the mortality rates that I find concerning. It's every cunt dieing at the one time in January 2022 that is pre-occupying me!

2020 excess deaths were the worst since 1891, if you take out the war years.

However that's no age adjusted. According to actuaries you have to age adjust and it becomes quite complicated.

I think the real potential problem is due to the steepness of the curve we have a possibility of a lot of hospitalisations happening within a short period of time. Someone worked it out as 30% of total hosps. for the "wave" in a week.

Also got delta going on but boosters should sort that.

2 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Yeah I don't think you can ask people not to see family. That can't be on the list of things we are prepared to do.

It's a problem. 

Folk need to look through their disdain for the government though and be prepared to suck up lower cost / higher impact measures e.g. masks, restricted indoor meet ups etc. 

It doesn't help bringing in divisive, and unhelpful, measures like vaccine passports.  Or having Cummings...or parties...or whatevers next. 

I'm in a situation where going to a club in the next few weeks seems mental to me. I appreciate that I have a different set of circumstances to a lot of folk though.

12 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

If Boris pulled out another lockdown Over christmas who the fuck is going to listen to that cunt now?🤣🤣

I just don't get this attitude to be honest. Any measures are not in place to please Boris Johnson they are to protect the rest of us. Not abiding by the rules is actually sticking two fingers up at the likes of me (granted I am sure that would please some of you!) who have made huge sacrifices for not just myself but to protect others not for the government.

Edited by Lamia

12 hours ago, chaff said:

I'm not a COVID denier, I know folks that have died. But I'm absolutely scunnered with the continued hysteria surrounding it, as a percentage of the population of Scotland, how many have caught it and how many have died?

I've done everything they've asked. Didn't even go to a restaurant until August this year.

Enough is enough and given the Tories attitude to us and them then fuck it.

It isn't just about those who have died though. Our hospitals are at tipping point and people needing other treatment are not getting it. If we get a significant wave then not only will more people die of Covid more will die of other things and our economy will suffer.

As I have said all along we need to adapt and stop thinking living with Covid is going back to normal. The problem is no one seems prepared to accept that but if we all did then we would get to see family and do many of the things we love, protect lives, the NHS and the economy. Adapting is how all species survive and we seem to find that impossible.

1 minute ago, Lamia said:

I just don't get this attitude to be honest. Any measures are not in place to please Boris Johnson they are to protect the rest of us. Not abiding by the rules is actually sticking two fingers up at the likes of me who have made huge sacrifices for not just myself but to protect others not for the government.

We've all made huge sacrifices. I'm just starting to question their attitude and motives. As I said earlier, I've done everything they've asked, jagged and boostered, stayed in, never went anywhere, not seen my family since 2 years past August, yet these utter bastards openly flaunt the advice that they give out.

For me personally, it can't continue like this.

I will carry on wearing a mask, social distance and take lat flow tests but I can't blame people for having had enough especially when our elected leaders are contemptuous.

2 minutes ago, Lamia said:

It isn't just about those who have died though. Our hospitals are at tipping point and people needing other treatment are not getting it. If we get a significant wave then not only will more people die of Covid more will die of other things and our economy will suffer.

As I have said all along we need to adapt and stop thinking living with Covid is going back to normal. The problem is no one seems prepared to accept that but if we all did then we would get to see family and do many of the things we love, protect lives, the NHS and the economy. Adapting is how all species survive and we seem to find that impossible.

My neighbour is a nurse, her ward has anti vaxxers and Facebook clinicians in it, arseholes. But those that are vaccinated need to start living again. 

There was absolutely no problem at all showing vaccine passports in Berlin, and everyone from man woman and child was wearing a mask, no sunflower lanyards in sight.

Our problem is we're not enforcing the things we've brought in.

14 minutes ago, chaff said:

We've all made huge sacrifices. I'm just starting to question their attitude and motives. As I said earlier, I've done everything they've asked, jagged and boostered, stayed in, never went anywhere, not seen my family since 2 years past August, yet these utter bastards openly flaunt the advice that they give out.

For me personally, it can't continue like this.

I will carry on wearing a mask, social distance and take lat flow tests but I can't blame people for having had enough especially when our elected leaders are contemptuous.

* flout.

You're welcome. 

2 hours ago, phart said:

2020 excess deaths were the worst since 1891, if you take out the war years.

However that's no age adjusted. According to actuaries you have to age adjust and it becomes quite complicated.

I think the real potential problem is due to the steepness of the curve we have a possibility of a lot of hospitalisations happening within a short period of time. Someone worked it out as 30% of total hosps. for the "wave" in a week.

Also got delta going on but boosters should sort that.

Sorry I mean actual death rate (not excess deaths). 

Actual death rates were worse in every year in the 20th century I think?