Coronavirus - Page 352 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

8 hours ago, phart said:

I was listening to a short clip of Jon Stewart and he was pointing out when he was growing up all the best people were getting killed and there was a long-term war in going on in Vietnam. His parents grew up during the depression then world war II.

So it just feels like the worst of times at the moment, although it is pretty bad for a lot of folk.

I'd vote for defaulting on medical shit, the public funds a lot of research anyway.

I'd be up for that - Pfizer went a bit East India Company in Latin and South America back in March according to this:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/3/11/investigation-pfizer-bullied-latin-american-nations

Demanding federal reserves, embassies and defence infrastructure as down payment against future compensation claims.

10 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I wonder why it seems to affect German speaking countries more? Is something being lost in translation? 

Just as well Hitler didn't win the war. 😉

I'll have the steak with an extra large side of riot police please.

What it didn't show at the end was them all stripping to 'Hot Stuff'

Too many people I agree with to quote everyone but all in all I think its a step too far. I do think the idea is paved with good intentions  , things are getting desperate in some countries and hypocritically I don’t have a huge issue with vaccine passports , I know for a fact these have helped increase the number of young people get vaccinated in Scotland . But to exclude unvaccinated from shops etc is too far. I would however insist on 100% mask compliance  .

As far as riots go, most people tend to do heehaw.  We sympathise but dont really get off our arses to do something unless it directly affects ourselves. It will be interesting to see how this goes, in countries where large swathes are unvaccinated there could be real trouble . 

As Phart says , it will end in tears for someone. What happens if the health service is permanently on its knees  . Do we start to prioritise cancer patients and exclude those who have a cancer that is deemed to have been contracted due to poor lifestyle choices? 

4 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

I'd be up for that - Pfizer went a bit East India Company in Latin and South America back in March according to this:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/3/11/investigation-pfizer-bullied-latin-american-nations

Demanding federal reserves, embassies and defence infrastructure as down payment against future compensation claims.

I saw that.

Like the Olympics and world cup as well. Companies shouldn't have that sort of power. Bad enough how they usurp the tax legislation as well. 

2 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

I'll have the steak with an extra large side of riot police please.

What it didn't show at the end was them all stripping to 'Hot Stuff'

What they didn't show either that this  heavy handedness (going in team handed) came cause of money laundering, weapons, drugs etc. They also prosecuted folk under the infection act.

It happened in Berlin 6 days ago and was an 8 hour police operation. It's not them storming restraunts looking for covid with papers please.

20 armed officers with submachine guns seems a bit incongrous for the narrative being pushed so i decided to fact-check.

11 minutes ago, phart said:

What they didn't show either that this  heavy handedness (going in team handed) came cause of money laundering, weapons, drugs etc. They also prosecuted folk under the infection act.

It happened in Berlin 6 days ago and was an 8 hour police operation. It's not them storming restraunts looking for covid with papers please.

20 armed officers with submachine guns seems a bit incongrous for the narrative being pushed so i decided to fact-check.

Fuck sake twitter is wild

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

As Phart says , it will end in tears for someone. What happens if the health service is permanently on its knees  . Do we start to prioritise cancer patients and exclude those who have a cancer that is deemed to have been contracted due to poor lifestyle choices? 

Yeah - this is where it gets very dangerous. There are many many people in need of treatment because of a choice they made that they didn't need to make. We cannot start judging how "deserving" each one is and base our decisions on that.

1 minute ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Fuck sake twitter is wild

It's still barging into certain areas with guns and looking for activities, so hardly lollipop stuff. The German papers were saying residents were cheering but political opponents are saying it is discrimination due to the ethnic background of the places, the translation i got was "arab" and it should be done by enforcement officers and not armed police.

TYhe Mayor or local councillor was with the police as well doing photo ops.

3 minutes ago, phart said:

It's still barging into certain areas with guns and looking for activities, so hardly lollipop stuff. The German papers were saying residents were cheering but political opponents are saying it is discrimination due to the ethnic background of the places, the translation i got was "arab" and it should be done by enforcement officers and not armed police.

TYhe Mayor or local councillor was with the police as well doing photo ops.

Bit like getting Al Capone on tax ?  World's gone mad

If you were giving someone else cancer from your "lifestyle choice" it would analagous but only if cancer was a lot less virulent as well.

We're going to get to a point where triage becomes an issue especially if omicron evades even serious outcome mitigation provided by the vaccine.

However i'm putting off my studies cause my head is burst trying to visualise vectors in the section i'm on and now i'm having a crisis i'm not going to get it and i've hit my ceiling of ability. So i'm on here "fact checking" twitter videos to try and get a semblance of control.

3 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Bit like getting Al Capone on tax ?  World's gone mad

Every time you give authority any space it fully expands into that space. I spent 20 years on here going on about stuff like this and all it did was affect my mental health without actually changing so now i'm just "meh" as a self preservation mechanism.

Fuck i've read so much shit about covid the last 20 months, understood less than half of it and it's not made one bit of difference really anyway. Should channel my labour a lot more effectively!!

1 hour ago, phart said:

Thank you for doing that phart. 👍

Some folk are so gullible they will get taken in by anything. I wonder if gullibility is another side effect of the vaccine? 😂

Sorry Mr Whistle, couldnae resist. I was taken in as well, before phart showed us the light.

I've been watching and waiting for the hospital numbers in Scotland to go under 700 for the first time in ages. They're now down to 652 after dipping under 700 just yesterday. ICU under 50 for the first time in a while as well.

Since start of September really as well.

We're still in a delta wave predominately atm, boosters seeming to go well.

1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

Hmmmm......????

I preferred your version of the story, so I will stick with that for the time being. 

Perhaps chaff could help us he was in Berlin were armed police running into places demanding you show your covid passport?

I just went on from what the mayor said

translated

“This mission has once again confirmed how important and successful a joint approach by the police, customs and public order office is,” said Neukölln’s mayor Martin Hikel (SPD), who had accompanied the mission. He is also responsible for such joint missions. “And when residents spontaneously applaud the arrest of drug dealers, it is a clear sign for me that we are meeting the security needs of the Neukölln residents here. In this respect, I would like to emphasize again: The joint operations will be continued consistently. “!

From the link above

"The officers found 35 violations in the seven shisha bars and late night sales outlets on Sonnenallee, Schierker Strasse and Braunschweiger Strasse. Ten criminal proceedings were initiated and one drug dealer was arrested. "

The raids are an ongoing thing for over 18 months as shown below.

In a series of regular raids, police targeted more than 100 shisha bars, nearly 130 barbers and 27 betting shops in Berlin, to go after the financial underpinnings of the gangs and the networks that launder money from the proceeds of drug sales.

https://www.thenationalnews.com/world/europe/tackling-next-generation-of-arab-crime-clans-key-to-german-gangland-breakthrough-1.1207250

https://www.dw.com/en/germany-mafia-clans-bushido-organized-crime/a-54898798

The police officers primarily identified violations of the Infection Protection Act and the Vaccination Protection Ordinance: a lack of hygiene concepts, non-compliance with the mask requirement, missing proof of vaccination, massive violations of the 2G regulation, no attendance list.