Coronavirus - Page 350 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

9 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Would that potentially be good news if it's true?  

Depends on too many variables we don't know the answer too yet. Also i'm not qualified to say, parrotting others though it is far too soon.

Means it's pretty much here and spreading in the community if true.

Also think it might be a big of clickbait headline after reading the actual words of the person being quoted, it's all "potentially" the cases in Scotland appear to be community transmission though.

Wastewater analysis in SA seem to indicate high levels of infection there as well.

If it is a less virulent though but more transmissable we could get lucky and it blows through providing immunity at a fraction of the human life cost.

No one knows anything concrete though. Talking a couple of weeks before scientists get enough data to make educated guesses.

One massive uncounted casualty of this pandemic and home office'ing.

I am now on awaiting my third home office chair in less than two years.

I am not even that fat. This is ridiculous.

If this one goes I am going to buy some Herman Miller type NASA built one for the clinically obese. It will be cheaper in the long run.

12 hours ago, thplinth said:

One massive uncounted casualty of this pandemic and home office'ing.

I am now on awaiting my third home office chair in less than two years.

I am not even that fat. This is ridiculous.

If this one goes I am going to buy some Herman Miller type NASA built one for the clinically obese. It will be cheaper in the long run.

I took home my office chair - the one I have had for probably 20 years 🤔😳😆

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

The Moderna boss is not too confident about vaccine effectiveness against Omicron. He admits, that at this stage, that's just an educated guess and concludes the same as most scientists, that we need more data.

https://www.ft.com/content/27def1b9-b9c8-47a5-8e06-72e432e0838f

Depends on what basis they're judging efficteness as well.

Will it stop more severe outcomes. Neutralise infection etc.

My question too would be how is the conflict of interest being managed?  Moderna's share price for the year is c.220% up (AZ 11% and Pfizer 40%), their vaccine is the dearest and they make c.20% profit on each jab which was about $8 profit per jab from memory off the BBC article saw about a month back.  

What conflict of interest specifically?

This is a long line of profiterring/gouging that has been going on for decades.

Would be good if this situation was a catalyst for some change in that area. NHS probably going to get sold off and the situation even worse in the future though.

AZ (a situation that is about to change) were the only ones not gouging, even sputnik was getting touted for over the odds as well with dodgy re-sale agreements.

The problem is systemic as opposed to something specific to Moderna.

I doubt the COI are being managed. So much grifting going on all over the place in every angle.

42 minutes ago, chaff said:

shut down Scotland.

I see she's still claiming COP26 had no effect. 

Strange that, got a few mates in the police and they are saying exact opposite. Saying sickness with covid went through the roof during/after it. 

The must maligned football isn't even on the drop down menu after the positive case when reporting a positive but COP is. 

Strange that. 

Cases have been oscilating up and down between fairly close values for a while now.

Obviously impossible to get a breakdown but cases in every age group bar 20-24 have been dropoing somewhat since COP ended. Obviously so many confounders it's impossible to say what had an effect but here's the last 30 days, end of Cop will be halfway along the curve roughly.

last30.thumb.png.14aa5a9132f2ebe258c6c5990c0e8552.png

40 minutes ago, chaff said:

I'd now like to see confirmed seasonal flu figures.

last report 25/11

Influenza activity was at Baseline level. There were 12 influenza cases: three type A(H3), four type A (subtype unknown) and five type B. This compares with 10 influenza cases reported in week 45.

https://www.publichealthscotland.scot/publications/weekly-national-seasonal-respiratory-report/weekly-national-seasonal-respiratory-report-week-46-2021/