Coronavirus - Page 344 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

On 11/17/2021 at 4:22 PM, phart said:

Makes it even worse that the vaccines have waning with regards to infection. Fortunately holding up against more severe outcomes though. A hotter virus would have more severe outcomes which isn't showing up int he figures either.

So not showing up in the sequencing and not showing up in severe outcomes, where is it showing up?

šŸ¤”

On 11/19/2021 at 11:53 PM, Stockholm 1980 said:

Got a booster and Flu Jab yesterday, feel absolute shit. Canā€™t see me going to Montrose tomorrow.

My mate just ended up in the hospital with abdominal pain due to the booster, a fit health 34 year old, she on morphine for the painĀ 

Got to say enjoyed most of the noises, re covid, from Sajid Javid on the Andrew Marr show. "We would never consider mandatory vaccines for the general population"; "vaccination should be a positive thing"; "boosters will make all the difference". That is exactly the political messaging which will maximise positive health outcomes, while minimising social costs.Ā 

The EU on the other hand seem to be stirring up a public disorder nightmare, with their increasingly totalitarian approach to government.Ā 

Edited by Morrisandmoo

2 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

My mate just ended up in the hospital with abdominal pain due to the booster, a fit health 34 year old, she on morphine for the painĀ 

Hope they recover.

Why was a fit healthy person getting a booster at 34? My mum is over 60 and not fit and healthy and she has to wait another 2 weeks.

I guess they're a health-care worker then?

Edited by phart

40 minutes ago, phart said:

Hope they recover.

Why was a fit healthy person getting a booster at 34? My mum is over 60 and not fit and healthy and she has to wait another 2 weeks.

I guess they're a health-care worker then?

She went in for her flu vaccine and offered it to her there, she was put on the spot and just went for it šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

2 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

She went in for her flu vaccine and offered it to her there, she was put on the spot and just went for it šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Why is a fit and healthy 34 year old getting offered a flu vaccine? Im 42, not exactly fit, and Ive been offered nothing.

29 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Why is a fit and healthy 34 year old getting offered a flu vaccine? Im 42, not exactly fit, and Ive been offered nothing.

Well all the primary and secondary children are offered it, when i go offshore i get offered it from the platform, everyone is offered the flu vaccine are they not? I for one never take itĀ 

Nope not everyone is offered the flu vaccine. got to be over 50 , have a health condition or be a carer for someone who's elderly or immune compromised. Or be a frontline health worker.

I've just became eligible for my booster as well. I was in JCVI priority group 6 as well. It's 6 months (they are coutning 24 weeks as 6 months though) since 2nd jab.

Edited by phart

39 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Well all the primary and secondary children are offered it, when i go offshore i get offered it from the platform, everyone is offered the flu vaccine are they not? I for one never take itĀ 

Anyone can get the flu vaccine if you are prepared to pay for it. Your company will be picking up the tab for the jags that you have been offered. To be eligible for the "free" NHS vaccine you need to meet certain criteria.

Your mate must meet some extra criteria if she is being offered the NHS flu jag and she also got her 2nd COVID jag more than 24 weeks ago?

14 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Was asking as I'm due both jags tomorrow and have a bit of a cold. Negative PCR, but have heard the the flu jab can knock seven bells out of you and I'm not too sure I fancy it feeling like this.

She wasn't going to get the booster, only the flu jab and they caught her off guard, her scans came back todays and its cysts,, they may come back and say this has nothing to do with the vaccine but it did. Ā Ā 

1 hour ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

She wasn't going to get the booster, only the flu jab and they caught her off guard, her scans came back todays and its cysts,, they may come back and say this has nothing to do with the vaccine but it did. Ā Ā 

How do you know?

44 minutes ago, phart said:

Well let's hope they recover fully.

Must have been some pain if treating it with morphine.

My dad got both shots a couple of days ago and he has a bad cold atm, just said had sore arms and feels better today.

Ā 

I had both last sunday sore shoulder for a day and both hands the joints felt stiff for a day very strange...however now I am invincible I have now taken to coughing right in front of folk in tesco/asda/sainsburys who are not wearing masks.must be an old guy thing but apparently my life is over anyway according to other posters