Coronavirus - Page 342 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

It's possible to respect someone's religious beliefs, without meaning you must respect their scientific authority.

It depends on the topic, too.  If someone is going to operate on you, you might prefer someone whose understanding of biology is based on knowledge of evolution. If you are trying to navigate the Arctic, you might prefer a 6 day creationist who accepts the Earth is round.

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

When she is not keeping quiet about jimmy saville. 

Is that not her who used to fight for consumer rights?

While I think people concerned about Covid, vaccines, Bill Gates and blah blah blah are generally nutters who think they've stumbled onto gold, when all they've found is someones arse gravy. This concept of not treating people due to Covid is dystopian nonsense, and she should be told to fuck off to a retirement home, dozy old cow.

35 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Is that not her who used to fight for consumer rights?

She was the face of Childline.

She looked the other way when Saville was doing his thing for decades.

She was right there in the height of it (did I mention for for decades)... a super connected BBC luvvie...  and while everyone else in showbusiness knew (thank you Jonny Rotten) she did not...

Childline!

Never mind consumer rights . 😀

edit: Childline not children in need.

Edited by thplinth

4 minutes ago, Lamia said:

Just booked mine when the booking system opened up this morning. 

I was booked in automatically. I hadn't had a letter yet but knew my 6 months was up soon so went online to make sure I could still log in and it was on the system. I did wonder why it seemed so slow but I guess the announcements today upped demand.

1 minute ago, phart said:

I was booked in automatically. I hadn't had a letter yet but knew my 6 months was up soon so went online to make sure I could still log in and it was on the system. I did wonder why it seemed so slow but I guess the announcements today upped demand.

Yeah it was slow when I booked too - I was actually amazed it worked 😆

1 hour ago, Lamia said:

Yeah it was slow when I booked too - I was actually amazed it worked 😆

Works well here in Jersey, a few weeks before the 6 months is up everyone receives an appointment letter, there’s an option to call a hotline and change the appointment time due to work commitments etc. 

20 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

Works well here in Jersey, a few weeks before the 6 months is up everyone receives an appointment letter, there’s an option to call a hotline and change the appointment time due to work commitments etc. 

Scotland did the first and second doses like this and you could also change your appointment online which worked really well. I wasn’t convinced by this change but it worked ok for me - I got in really early though. 

19 minutes ago, Lamia said:

Scotland did the first and second doses like this and you could also change your appointment online which worked really well. I wasn’t convinced by this change but it worked ok for me - I got in really early though. 

Booked mine last week when they changed the rules so that you could book a booster 5 months after your second jag.

Took about a minute and I think my appointment is exactly six months after my second jag. 

More about the misuse of stats from both sides of the vaccine divide.

https://www.theguardian.com/theobserver/commentisfree/2021/nov/14/on-covid-we-need-to-be-careful-when-we-talk-about-numbers

Can't find anything about the other one highlighted about the 32x protection stat. That seemed to have been piggybacked on the other technical faults ones highlighted here.