Coronavirus - Page 336 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

3 hours ago, Orraloon said:

At present the policy is 6 months after your 2nd jag at the earliest. So you won't get your third one until at least December. But we shouldn't forget that a lot of people haven't had any vaccinations at all yet. Get your pub visits in over the next couple of weeks, then go into hibernation until you get your booster just before Hogmanay.Ā šŸ˜‚

In all seriousness I don't think many people are thinking about this. Cases are likely to start rising again and most people have just gone back to normal and won't react. Hospital admissions could start to rise much more rapidly that they were and we will also have flu!

6 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Cheers for that @phart.Ā Ā 

Ā 
Ā 

Yes that was excellent @phart

Practical points: as well as accelerating the boosters, we could improve sickpay (and make it easier generally for people to isolate - self-employed included) and help older people in poverty (e.g. extra payments over the winter) - given the facts set out re UK having far worse sick pay than the rest of Western Europe as well as more elderly people in poverty (16% vs 4% in France is shocking).Ā 

Not sure those measures will be necessarily cheap, but neither is shutting down the economy or dealing with overflowing hospitals.

4 hours ago, Lamia said:

In all seriousness I don't think many people are thinking about this. Cases are likely to start rising again and most people have just gone back to normal and won't react. Hospital admissions could start to rise much more rapidly that they were and we will also have flu!

It can go backwards really quickly, Health service had little rest for a year now. Underfunded as well.

Phartā€™s graph shows deaths/admissions reducingā€¦. got to be goodā€¦.. or at least more gooderer than rates increasing. Subject to booster take up this virus is licked.

the real question what to do where life is split, two levels of society - jagged and unjagged. Italian friend went home to town in Bologna area, and she said she witnessed serious societal divide and huge bitterness of the unjagged who are effectively barred from many activities without proof of vaccinationā€¦ā€¦ simple sit down beer and pasta in the piazza not permitted.

15 hours ago, Lamia said:

Really? A lot of folk I know talk about little else. There always banging on about when they are due for their booster jag. It gets a wee bit tedious at times. Maybe I mix with older people than you do?Ā šŸ˜‰

Before anybody casts any aspersions, I'm not due to get mine until long after Grim Jim.

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Really? A lot of folk I know talk about little else. There always banging on about when they are due for their booster jag. It gets a wee bit tedious at times. Maybe I mix with older people than you do?Ā šŸ˜‰

Before anybody casts any aspersions, I'm not due to get mine until long after Grim Jim.

People have spoken about it but they are not speaking about moderating their behaviour due to vaccine waning. I would say it is the opposite and they are talking of doing moreĀ 

On 10/19/2021 at 5:04 PM, Alibi said:

I got my flu jag today and was given a covid booster at the same time (Pfizer again).Ā  Seems a sensible strategy combining them.

3 dose pfizier schedule looks mega robust.

Not sure what 2 AZ then pfizier will be... for me

Ā 

"hundreds of private companies that have rushed into the Covid testing business, often without any track record of delivering critical clinical tests."

At some point we are going to have to come to terms with the massive amount of money that has been transferred from taxpayers to the already wealthy as part of the pandemic. Taxpayer debt has went through the roof, but private wealth has grown considerably at the same time. No good.Ā 

Raising NI & taxing income is just going to reinforce these imbalances. A workable wealth tax (on individuals and corporations) is needed to re-balance the situation. Labour need to get their finger out and offer some kind of alternative the useless cunts that they are (at the moment).

I wish I could see the Scottish booster numbers, the English ones are not looking good(not happening fast enough) and cases are tracking so high for so long (area under the graph as opposed to height of the graph) we'd have 4 times as many people in hospital (if conditions were the same as last winter peak).

There's a real chance of this turning grim again especially down south. Scotland does seem a lot better but hospitalisation have turned up again from a minimum last week. We do see seem in better shape but could get dodgy.

23 hours ago, Morrisandmoo said:

"hundreds of private companies that have rushed into the Covid testing business, often without any track record of delivering critical clinical tests."

At some point we are going to have to come to terms with the massive amount of money that has been transferred from taxpayers to the already wealthy as part of the pandemic. Taxpayer debt has went through the roof, but private wealth has grown considerably at the same time. No good.Ā 

Raising NI & taxing income is just going to reinforce these imbalances. A workable wealth tax (on individuals and corporations) is needed to re-balance the situation. Labour need to get their finger out and offer some kind of alternative the useless cunts that they are (at the moment).

The grift is strong all around these crises.

On 10/23/2021 at 11:16 AM, Morrisandmoo said:

We can create a vaccine in record time that can save millions of people yet we cannot find a way to pay for the cost in a fair manner.
Where there is a will there is a way, but when it comes to rich people stumping up cash there seems to be no will whatsoever .Ā 

35 minutes ago, phart said:

I wish I could see the Scottish booster numbers, the English ones are not looking good(not happening fast enough) and cases are tracking so high for so long (area under the graph as opposed to height of the graph) we'd have 4 times as many people in hospital (if conditions were the same as last winter peak).

There's a real chance of this turning grim again especially down south. Scotland does seem a lot better but hospitalisation have turned up again from a minimum last week. We do see seem in better shape but could get dodgy.

Ā 

Basic Scottish booster info. in the dashboard vaccinations tab:

https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/phs.covid.19/viz/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

457,915 doses up to yesterday.

Ā 

1 hour ago, min said:

Ā 

Basic Scottish booster info. in the dashboard vaccinations tab:

https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/phs.covid.19/viz/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

457,915 doses up to yesterday.

Ā 

Cheers, i never saw it last time i looked!

EDIT: So England done 5.1 million jabs and they've only done just under half the eligible. 8% of that is 408k, and we've done 457k which is 9%. Assuming same level of eligibility we'll have about 820k eligible people atm.

On a personal level was a piece of piss to get my gran done, i just booked it at ingliston next day appointment and got both flu and booster done 5 days after she became eligible. She had got a blue letter though.

Edited by phart

2 hours ago, phart said:

Cheers, i never saw it last time i looked!

EDIT: So England done 5.1 million jabs and they've only done just under half the eligible. 8% of that is 408k, and we've done 457k which is 9%. Assuming same level of eligibility we'll have about 820k eligible people atm.

On a personal level was a piece of piss to get my gran done, i just booked it at ingliston next day appointment and got both flu and booster done 5 days after she became eligible. She had got a blue letter though.

JVCI took too long to recommend boosters. They created a backlog that was avoidableĀ