Coronavirus - Page 335 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

The virlogists i've been following have been saying there is no way to tell if it came from a lab leak or Zoonosis. As they've found common ancestors in the wild but that doesn't stop it being worked on then it escaping. Also stating that a lot of data hasn't been disclosed.

If it were created in a lab, i.e. bio-engineered as opposed to just escaping, it shows you how much better a chemist/biologist nature is considering the original virus got improved upon multiple times in less than a year by its own mutations.

I'm not sure about the conflic of interest thing but looking at the Jeremy Farrar one it is rather tenuous, he wrote a paper once with someone who knows someone. There's dozens of authors on papers these days, in fact the Higg Boson paper has 5154 authors. https://www.nature.com/articles/nature.2015.17567

The Daszak one is much clearer and shows a definite conflict of interest.

This came out as well

Science Closes In on Covidā€™s Origins

Four studiesā€”including two from WHOā€”provide powerful evidence favoring the lab-leak theory.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-19-coronavirus-lab-leak-virology-origins-pandemic-11633462827

The lab that did the study cited also speaks on it

Ā 

Edited by phart

3 hours ago, phart said:

Ā 

"Among other issues, it contained patients who turned out to have died before the trial started."

Ā 

The fact Ivermectin has managed not only to cure people from Covid, but actually bring them back from the dead is surely a positive thing? Vaccine had probaly killed the poor cunts as well.Ā 

Edited by Morrisandmoo

On 9/19/2021 at 5:42 PM, Lamia said:

Are we really going to see no impact of schools returning in England?Ā šŸ¤”

Ā 

On 9/20/2021 at 10:02 AM, Alibi said:

Makes me wonder if the UK government is fiddling the figures.Ā  Logically you would expect infections in England to have risen significantly, and to be exacerbated by the total abandonment of common sense by most of the population.

Looks like your suspicions might be right

Folk were talking about data around the same time

Ā 

Turns out 43k false negatives more info all in these threads, seems to be only affecting a certain region though.

Ā 

Ā 

14 minutes ago, phart said:

Also Delta variant has a new sub lineage AY.4.2. Slowly making it's way up the percentage of sequencing ladder, currently at 7%, so might be more transmissable.

First impressions suggest not a huge advantage, not a massive change like Alpha or Delta.Ā 

Ā 

7 minutes ago, biffer said:

First impressions suggest not a huge advantage, not a massive change like Alpha or Delta.Ā 

Ā 

10% possibly, too many confounding variables to know atm. Or so the experts say, not like i'm calculating it myself.

EDIT: I got the news of this from the maths dude i quoted above quoting this dude!

Edited by phart

Cheers for that @phart.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

So I hope we can now see that:
ā€¢ Yes, mask-wearing has plummeted in England and reversing that would help
ā€¢ But higher rates of crowded indoor mixing are likely a bigger issue
ā€¢ And both are almost certainly dwarfed by UKā€™s much more acute waning problem (as seen in Israel)

Ā 

Ā 

Early November will be 5 months since my 2nd vax, and that's when it (AZ) start to wane.Ā Ā  Give that I know a health worker who'll just get boosted next week, there is still a long queue before I'll get one.Ā Ā  So looks like the boosters are being rolled out too slowly/late.

26 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

Early November will be 5 months since my 2nd vax, and that's when it (AZ) start to wane.Ā Ā  Give that I know a health worker who'll just get boosted next week, there is still a long queue before I'll get one.Ā Ā  So looks like the boosters are being rolled out too slowly/late.

At present the policy is 6 months after your 2nd jag at the earliest. So you won't get your third one until at least December. But we shouldn't forget that a lot of people haven't had any vaccinations at all yet. Get your pub visits in over the next couple of weeks, then go into hibernation until you get your booster just before Hogmanay.Ā šŸ˜‚

48 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

I haven't been able to findĀ  a suitable source for the Scottish numbers but this guy is doing daily updates for England on booster.

Ā 

33 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

At present the policy is 6 months after your 2nd jag at the earliest. So you won't get your third one until at least December. But we shouldn't forget that a lot of people haven't had any vaccinations at all yet. Get your pub visits in over the next couple of weeks, then go into hibernation until you get your booster just before Hogmanay.Ā šŸ˜‚

Sounds like a plan!