Coronavirus - Page 332 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

That doesn't help me though. I need to know which group they want to kill so that I can decide whether to accept my third vaccination or not. Too late for the first two. I can't un-vaccinate myself. I might be able to hack the record system though. I just hope Varderark hasn't just signed his own death warrant by chasing up that username. He might have got away with it, if he wasn't on the system?

😂

Spare a thought for poor Chripper/ TDK/Taylor1996 who may meet an untimely demise both on and off the board due to his obsession with multiple usernames.  He is certain to be exterminated. 
His posts were a bit lengthy but he doesn’t deserve genocide. 

12 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😂

Spare a thought for poor Chripper/ TDK/Taylor1996 who may meet an untimely demise both on and off the board due to his obsession with multiple usernames.  He is certain to be exterminated. 
His posts were a bit lengthy but he doesn’t deserve genocide. 

Hmmmmmm....

22 hours ago, phart said:

The full article scotty quoted the first part of, it goes on to debunk it.

I didn't read it. The authors view on it wasn't important.

I was just posting a definition of what predictive programming was.

For example, one shouldn't just say 'Mandela Effect' and assume that everyone on the board knows what it is. 

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

I didn't read it. The authors view on it wasn't important.

I was just posting a definition of what predictive programming was.

For example, one shouldn't just say 'Mandela Effect' and assume that everyone on the board knows what it is. 

I just found it amusing that an article explaining why predicitive programme isn't a real phenomenom the part with the definition of the perceived phenomenom is then cited in a discussion talking about it as if it is real.

16 hours ago, Lamia said:

Are we really going to see no impact of schools returning in England? 🤔

Makes me wonder if the UK government is fiddling the figures.  Logically you would expect infections in England to have risen significantly, and to be exacerbated by the total abandonment of common sense by most of the population.

England , don't think it's much to do with fudging as opposed to rate of change being delayed and since it was negative it first has to slow before it then starts to climb, obviously this all depends on the trend continuing. Personally I hope it doesn't.

Again anecdotal but chatting with an elderly relative just back from holiday and they said they would not travel alone now as they could not cope with all the things they have to do to be able to travel.

Coming home said it was an absolute nightmare getting on some website to do with the tests you have to take. People were having to use sites for nationals from other countries visiting the UK to do it... the one for UK nationals could not cope. Said it was a nightmare and that everyone else they spoke to on holiday from the UK was having the same problem. 

Furthermore they said they are getting ripped off on the testing. As pensioners it makes a difference to them.

I fucking hate this bullshit. These cunts can't run a bath and that will never change.

Furthermore why are they ripping people off and gouging them on testing if this is supposed to be a time of global crisis blah fucking blah. It is disgusting and I think it shows that a lot of this is just an excuse to steal from people.

Edited by thplinth

I think everyone can agree the gouging has been horrendous from so many quarters. PCR testing costs a fortune, PPE orders being a license to print money. Money has consolidated even more to even less people. This is what happens in a free market when it is dominated by folk that only care about making money.

6 hours ago, thplinth said:

Again anecdotal but chatting with an elderly relative just back from holiday and they said they would not travel alone now as they could not cope with all the things they have to do to be able to travel.

Coming home said it was an absolute nightmare getting on some website to do with the tests you have to take. People were having to use sites for nationals from other countries visiting the UK to do it... the one for UK nationals could not cope. Said it was a nightmare and that everyone else they spoke to on holiday from the UK was having the same problem. 

Furthermore they said they are getting ripped off on the testing. As pensioners it makes a difference to them.

I fucking hate this bullshit. These cunts can't run a bath and that will never change.

Furthermore why are they ripping people off and gouging them on testing if this is supposed to be a time of global crisis blah fucking blah. It is disgusting and I think it shows that a lot of this is just an excuse to steal from people.

First world problems.

If that was all we had to worry about.................

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-58662328

More now from Prof Dame Sarah Gilbert, the designer of the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine, who told a Royal Society of Medicine webinar that Covid-19 will eventually become more like the seasonal coronavirus that cause common colds.

She said: "We normally see that viruses become less virulent as they circulate more easily and there is no reason to think we will have a more virulent version of Sars-CoV-2.

"We tend to see slow genetic drift of the virus and there will be gradual immunity developing in the population as there is to all the other seasonal coronaviruses."

Seasonal coronaviruses cause colds, and Dame Sarah said: "Eventually Sars-CoV-2 will become one of those."

Suggesting as early as next spring within the feed and that essentially the question will become how many deaths, like flu, become socially acceptable.  

Out of Bojo's random arse gravy generator when speaking about climate change and comparing to progress in the pandemic:

The prime minister also said he did not see a conflict between the green movement and capitalism, saying that: "The whole experience of the Covid pandemic is that the way to fix the problem is through science and innovation, the breakthroughs and the investment that are made possible by capitalism and by free markets."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58657887

I’m not anti-vax but maintaining doubt is always important especially with pharmaceuticals  especially when they're making copious amount of dosh.  I’m not sure how  far Pfizer, AZ and Moderna’s ‘free’ vaccinations stretch but a look at each of their share prices over the last 3-5 years shows someone is making a lot of money somewhere.

The Dosh making is an emergent factor of the pandemic though coupled with the system.

You have private companies which exist to make profit. In a free market capitalistic set-up.

You then have a novel virus which causes a pandemic.

The companies that mitigate some of the problems then make money. Cause the market wants the economy open and this can facilitate that.

It has nothing to do with the science of vaccination in the sense of how the biological processes of vaccination works. It's a process of economies and solutions in a competitive market.

The efficacy of the vaccines are readily apparent from the data. The grumblings against it are a function of innumeracy not valid skepticism imo.

Now of course "big pharma" profiteers like fuck, especially on things like insulin, but insulin works, it's the economy of it that is fucked up not its viability as an effective treatment.

There's also the replication crisis in science where a lot of terrible experiments were designed, hence why you have things like the Recovery clinical trials , peer review, 3 phase trials (brought in after the thalidomide debacle)

The strategy of the roll out, richer nations hoarding doses or going straight onto booster to try and maintain sterlising immunity levels can all be questioned. Countres promoting their own companies over other companiers showing bias in this manner etc, these are all concerns.

17 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Absolutely nailed on Alba voters.

Screenshot_20210923-140625_Facebook.jpg

you can be charged with reckless transmission of HIV in Scotland and transmission risk is less than 1 in a 1000, varies by gender.

While Covid currently has a R0 of about 1 so the median risk 1 in 1 chance of transmission obviously some folk wont transmit and some folk will transmit to multiple people.

Also Covid is killing about 7 times as many people as HIV right now. So not sure how it is compartively mild to HIV

I'm glad i'm not living in Glasgow with all these marches going on. Fair enough not liking or wanting vaccine passports, but masks are a good NPI which will help prevent the need for passports and lockdowns and the vaccination programme isn't a requirement for children anyway.

These are just low information people writing any old nonsense.