Coronavirus - Page 328 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

7 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58438669

JCVI not recommending vaccines for healthy 12-15 year olds in general on health grounds alone but has left a window open for the government.Ā Ā Be interesting to see the reaction if teaching unions push for it.Ā Ā 

Considering the government pressure, it's evidence that they are indeed pretty independent, on this issue anyway.

I was speaking to my friend yesterday and she was saying she half wished she could just get her kids (5 and3) into a covid party and then just lock down the family for 2 weeks and get it over and done with.Ā 

There was a massive study just published today that indicated vaccinated people shed for a lot less time than unvaccinated, there's so many variables to this equation of total risk it's beyond my ability to calculate.

I can't think the JCVI have made any huge errors in their reasoning so far, although it is different from other similiar bodies conclusions but it does seem like there isn't a concrete case either way and they're truing to balance all these competing risks.

Ā 

The cirque du wankeil on here can stroke each other all day long as far as I care but when you slag off Joe Rogan...

Hell no!Ā šŸ˜€

If we had a raffle... win a night inĀ the hospitality of...

A: Any other tamber alive or dead

B: Joe Rogan

I think weĀ know who is winning that one.

Fucking brilliant wee guy who holds his own in conversation with a gazillion other interesting folk.

To see him dismissed on her byĀ nothings in snarkyĀ bitchy terms is 'interesting'.Ā 

Joe made hundreds of millions by not talking to folk like an utter cunt.Ā šŸ˜€

3 minutes ago, thplinth said:

The cirque du wankeil on here can stroke each other all day long as far as I care but when you slag off Joe Rogan...

Hell no!Ā šŸ˜€

If we had a raffle... win a night inĀ the hospitality of...

A: Any other tamber alive or dead

B: Joe Rogan

I think weĀ know who is winning that one.

Fucking brilliant wee guy who holds his own in conversation with a gazillion other interesting folk.

To see him dismissed on her byĀ nothings in snarkyĀ bitchy terms is 'interesting'.Ā 

Joe made hundreds of millions by not talking to folk like an utter cunt.Ā šŸ˜€

Excellent post, would read again. Snarky bitches.Ā 

I also love Joe. A pioneer of long-form interviews, whoĀ invites almost every viewpoint (an integral part of democracy imo). Ā I also enjoy his comedy. Plus heĀ keeps himself in shape and I respect that. 5 stars all round from me.Ā 

But he is capable of talking a power of shite. Including the shite you are re-posting here. Which Phart has thoroughly dismantled by referring to actual experts, facts, research and experience.Ā 

The funniest Joe Rogan theory was when he thought that Killer Whales held a moratorium as a species to stop attacking humans cause they were used as target practice in world war 2.

It's funny cause all the videos mentioning it have been DCMA'd and he's tried to scrub it from the net. All the videos have been closed down now but it exists in references to it. The guests face used to have me in hysterics.

Ā 

"The Joe Rogan Experience -- which has vaulted to the top of several "best of" lists by extolling the virtues of DMT and claiming killer whales only stopped eating humans when WWII pilots started using them for target practice."

https://www.houstonpress.com/arts/reality-bites-joe-rogan-questions-everything-6384046

"He explained that female dolphins are sluts who practice ā€œextreme promiscuityā€ and killer whales stopped hunting humans because American soldiers used them as target practice during World War II. "

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2009/06/joe-rogan-is-batshit-crazy-but-in-a-good-way

No one dismissing him as nothing, we're just saying he isn't a virologist/immunologist/epidmiologist.

If you'd vote him for prom king over everyone here that's cool. No need to go all "leave Britney alone" on us

Ā 

India's Covid death toll is revealed in its crematoriums | News | The Times

Ā 

Crematoriums in Delhi are being inundated with so many bodies that they have been forced to build makeshift funeral pyres on spare patches of land as the Covid crisis sweeping India led to an explosion of new cases.

Crematoriums across the capital are struggling to cope, with grieving relatives forced to wait up to 20 hours for a funeral pyre for their loved ones.

Ā 

In Delhi, photographs taken on Tuesday showed smoke billowing from dozens of pyres lit in a car park that had been turned into a makeshift crematorium. Elsewhere, workers built makeshift pyres on land outside crematoriums.

Ā 

ā€œPeople are just dying, dying and dying,ā€ said Jitender Singh Shanty, who is coordinating more than 100 cremations per a day at the site in the east of the city.

ā€œIf we get more bodies then we will cremate on the road. There is no more space here,ā€ he said, adding: ā€œWe had never thought that we would see such horrible scenes.ā€

Ā 

There's the other side of the coin if you decide not to use quarantine measures, and let Delta pass through a largely unvaccinated population.

So the quarantine measure adjective is horrendous, what is the one we use for thousands of makeshift pyres to burn bodies and 4 million (3.4-4.7(million)) excess deaths?

It's shit the guy got told he actually had to wait another 12 hours longer then he thought and he then flipped out, perfectly understandable. There's the other side.

As an aside outrage is the primary egagement tool that advanced AI used to create engagement and ended up radicalising and polarisiing people on social media. They are led along a garden path for advertising dollars by computerĀ algorithms designed to make you keep coming back to the same media.

Ā 

New study seems to confirm that catching it and getting over it offers far stronger protection against the new strains.

Fully Vaccinated With Pfizer? Youā€™re 6 to 13 Times More Likely to Get Delta Than Someone With Natural Immunity

Nearly 40% of new COVID patients were vaccinated - compared to just 1% who had been infected previously.

Coronavirus patients who recovered from the virus were far less likely to become infected during the latest wave of the pandemic than people who were vaccinated against COVID, according to numbers presented to the Israeli Health Ministry.

According to a report by Israel's Channel 13, Health Ministry data on the wave of COVID outbreaks which began this May show that Israelis with immunity from natural infection were far less likely to become infected again in comparison to Israelis who only had immunity via vaccination.

More than 7,700 new cases of the virus have been detected during the most recent wave starting in May, but just 72 of the confirmed cases were reported in people who were known to have been infected previously ā€“ that is, less than 1% of the new cases.

Roughly 40% of new cases ā€“ or more than 3,000 patients ā€“ involved people who had been infected despite being vaccinated.

With a total of 835,792 Israelis known to have recovered from the virus, the 72 instances of reinfection amount to 0.0086% of people who were already infected with COVID.

By contrast, Israelis who were vaccinated were 6.72 times more likely to get infected after the shot than after natural infection, with over 3,000 of the 5,193,499, or 0.0578%, of Israelis who were vaccinated getting infected in the latest wave.

According to the report by Channel 13, the disparity has confounded ā€“ and divided ā€“ Health Ministry experts, with some saying the data proves the higher level of immunity provided by natural infection versus vaccination, while others remained unconvinced.

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/309762

Edited by thplinth