Coronavirus - Page 315 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

Rugby fans dont have a recent history of mass gathering and rule breaking?

Nah, just drinking their own piss.  You also can't compare Rugby fans behaviour in Scotland to football fans in Scotland, when two men and their dug watch Rugby except for Scotland games a few times a year and up to 150.000+ watch football on a weekly basis. Of course there will be isolated incidents but by and large football in Scotland has very few incidents. 

Not sure Killie, St Johnstone (who just won two cups during COVID), Ayr or Aberdeen fans have previous for mas gathering or rule breaking so why should they be treated any differently from Rugby fans?

Or does Covid only dangerous at the football,? In fact, it wasn't dangerous at the Euros so maybe Sturgeon is just making it up as she goes along?

Edited by Squirrelhumper

3 hours ago, DAVIDB46 said:

Reading someone’s comments in the herald saying people enjoying beach life at english beaches  whereas we are still living in some kind of third world communist type set up here.

Poe's law is always on my mind when i read posts like this.

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I don't have any gripes with every day life like that but when you can only get 2000 in a stadium without a special request, can't open nightclubs, can't have gigs, can't have outdoor festivals and aren't allowed to dance at weddings for example than we are miles off being anything like normal. 

It isn't normal though, it's public health NPI's based around data. The Netherlands just had an outdoor festival and had thousands of cases , they opened night clubs and the week after an 800% increase in case positivity.

It's like a real time standford marshmallow experiment. Not being able to dance at weddings is a real first world problem at this stage of the global pandemic.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Nah, just drinking their own piss.  You also can't compare Rugby fans behaviour in Scotland to football fans in Scotland, when two men and their dug watch Rugby except for Scotland games a few times a year and up to 150.000+ watch football on a weekly basis. Of course there will be isolated incidents but by and large football in Scotland has very few incidents. 

Not sure Killie, St Johnstone (who just won two cups during COVID), Ayr or Aberdeen fans have previous for mas gathering or rule breaking so why should they be treated any differently from Rugby fans?

Or does Covid only dangerous at the football,? In fact, it wasn't dangerous at the Euros so maybe Sturgeon is just making it up as she goes along?

Im not saying its right. Im just offering it up as a reason.

There have been no incident with rugby fans and several with football. Therefore on one hand it seems reasonable to take a different approach with football.

Its the same thinking as why you can drink at other sports but not football.

1 hour ago, phart said:

It isn't normal though, it's public health NPI's based around data. The Netherlands just had an outdoor festival and had thousands of cases , they opened night clubs and the week after an 800% increase in case positivity.

It's like a real time standford marshmallow experiment. Not being able to dance at weddings is a real first world problem at this stage of the global pandemic.

Based around data when it suits them. 

12 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Its the same thinking as why you can drink at other sports but not football.

This is only an issue in Scotland for some reason. 

Utter nonsense. By all means ban drink at high risk games but it's a farce that you can't have a beer at the football unless you are willing to pay for hospitality. 

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

This is only an issue in Scotland for some reason. 

Utter nonsense. By all means ban drink at high risk games but it's a farce that you can't have a beer at the football unless you are willing to pay for hospitality. 

Can’t say it bothers me much to be honest.

Having been to some games in England, I’ve seen the congregation of fans in concourses and plenty folk acting like fannies and chucking drink around at HT. You see videos of it every week on social media.  

l’m just not sure that it’s needed, nor am I sure that clubs have the space for it if you were employing the English approach of no drinks in sight of the pitch. 

Comparisons to rugby, ice hockey and basketball don’t stack up. They are much more compliant crowds. You don’t have the same aggro that football crowds tend to value or things like coin throwing or pyrotechnics problems in those sports. 

16 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

Can’t say it bothers me much to be honest.

Having been to some games in England, I’ve seen the congregation of fans in concourses and plenty folk acting like fannies and chucking drink around at HT. You see videos of it every week on social media.  

l’m just not sure that it’s needed, nor am I sure that clubs have the space for it if you were employing the English approach of no drinks in sight of the pitch. 

Comparisons to rugby, ice hockey and basketball don’t stack up. They are much more compliant crowds. You don’t have the same aggro that football crowds tend to value or things like coin throwing or pyrotechnics problems in those sports. 

Whether you,, i or anyone else are bothered by it isn't really the issue. The fact that it's a blanket ban based on something 40 odd years ago (which wasn't even bars in the stadium) is just lazy and leads to resentment. 

I'll repeat, there isn't a major country in the europe that bans it from stadiums, except Scotland. Are you saying Scottish football fans are worse than Dutch, German, English or Italian?

Whether folk want to use the bars is up to them but the option should at least be there. At Rugby Park you can drink in the hotel at the stadium until 2.59pm then go 20 yards to the turnstile but can't go into the ground early, give the club money and have a pint there. 

Also, the stuff like coin throwing, pyro etc happens at every gig at Hampden. Guess what, drink isn't banned. 

Maybe if folk were treated like adults they'd behave like them? As it stands, folk just stay in the pub until last kick them causes queues. Hampden the perfect example. 

Edited by Squirrelhumper

What queuing outside McDonald’s in Dundee earlier what a performance that was .

You sometimes wonder where the sturgeon support comes from and your Scottish government knows what’s best for you support.

I heard part of a conversation between young kid and grandad didn’t hear all of it.

Grandad and kid were queuing not far behind me and kid obviously bored gave his opinion to granddad . By the sounds of things possibly kid had been somewhere else Blackpool maybe in recent days and obviously questioning why everything was so slow compared to wherever he has been recently .

Grandad said to child “that sounds like you are supporting England “. No grandson of mine would ever be doing that , sounding like the poor child was about to be disowned .

so there are plenty out there who would never question anything we are living under .

1 hour ago, DAVIDB46 said:

What queuing outside McDonald’s in Dundee earlier what a performance that was .

You sometimes wonder where the sturgeon support comes from and your Scottish government knows what’s best for you support.

I heard part of a conversation between young kid and grandad didn’t hear all of it.

Grandad and kid were queuing not far behind me and kid obviously bored gave his opinion to granddad . By the sounds of things possibly kid had been somewhere else Blackpool maybe in recent days and obviously questioning why everything was so slow compared to wherever he has been recently .

Grandad said to child “that sounds like you are supporting England “. No grandson of mine would ever be doing that , sounding like the poor child was about to be disowned .

so there are plenty out there who would never question anything we are living under .

I'm willing to bet none of the above happened

Not sure we should be making public health decisions off the back of an incomplete recollection of an eavesdropped comment made by a single child in a mcdonalds queue. I'm maybe being an intellectual elitist though.

1 hour ago, phart said:

Not sure we should be making public health decisions off the back of an incomplete recollection of an eavesdropped comment made by a single child in a mcdonalds queue. I'm maybe being an intellectual elitist though.

😂

Sounds like that selective data again. 

And surely any decision that slows down the McDonalds  queue  has to be positive. 

On 7/28/2021 at 2:13 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

But it was though. 

Great to come back from holiday and see such positive stats on deaths (if there is such a thing!), despite case numbers. Excess deaths in England  consistently quite a bit lower than normal over the last 20 weeks: Microsoft Power BI

Also remarkable take up rates of vaccine. I bet we get to 95% of >18 year olds, the absolute legends that we are. Anybody talking about vaccine passports (e.g. only double jagged folk get to go to participate in fun stuff) is a wasteful control freak and not a very nice person. Just saying :) Hopefully we keep any discriminatory shite like that away from Scottish Football (or any other parts of Scottish life). 

Seating Arrangements: Home supporters will be seated at the North end of the Main Stand, whilst away supporters will be seated in the South end. The central section of the Main Stand will be closed as this area is required to seat substitutes and backroom staff of both teams.

Kiosks: There will be no food and drink kiosks open for this game. Fans are permitted to bring snacks and drinks, but these must be placed into paper cups before entry. Bottles need to be opened in front of stewards.

Restrictions: Strict social distancing precautions are in place inside the stadium. Please make sure you sit within your own household bubble keeping 4 seats and 1 row away from others. When moving around the stadium please keep a 1 metre distance from others. Follow all instructions from stewards and staff on the day. Face coverings are mandatory inside the stadium and should not be removed during the match.

The Clyde View: Issue 3 of the club's award-winning matchday programme will be on sale, priced at £3.

Not been to a home match since March 2020 - The above is a fuckn joke, no kiosks, wear a fuckn mask during the match, it's a Clyde game FFS, way over the top IMO, still going though and i'll bet the vast majority remove their face masks 👍

Edited by glasgow jock

On 7/30/2021 at 7:00 AM, glasgow jock said:

Seating Arrangements: Home supporters will be seated at the North end of the Main Stand, whilst away supporters will be seated in the South end. The central section of the Main Stand will be closed as this area is required to seat substitutes and backroom staff of both teams.

Kiosks: There will be no food and drink kiosks open for this game. Fans are permitted to bring snacks and drinks, but these must be placed into paper cups before entry. Bottles need to be opened in front of stewards.

Restrictions: Strict social distancing precautions are in place inside the stadium. Please make sure you sit within your own household bubble keeping 4 seats and 1 row away from others. When moving around the stadium please keep a 1 metre distance from others. Follow all instructions from stewards and staff on the day. Face coverings are mandatory inside the stadium and should not be removed during the match.

The Clyde View: Issue 3 of the club's award-winning matchday programme will be on sale, priced at £3.

Not been to a home match since March 2020 - The above is a fuckn joke, no kiosks, wear a fuckn mask during the match, it's a Clyde game FFS, way over the top IMO, still going though and i'll bet the vast majority remove their face masks 👍

I’m guessing you wish you had stayed in the house! All of the above nonsense, and then you have to watch big Bobby Jones play.

On 7/31/2021 at 6:19 PM, Denny’s Yard said:

I’m guessing you wish you had stayed in the house! All of the above nonsense, and then you have to watch big Bobby Jones play.

Saturday was the first i've seen him in the flesh - absolutely dreadful, don't know why Danny Lennon signed him, he played him as the main striker & moved David Goodwillie (the best striker in the country outwith the premier league) out wide to accommodate him, utterly baffling.