Coronavirus - Page 292 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

12 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Still not had my first dose (or even an appointment) and most my mates the same. and we are all mid to late 30s. 

Did the missing app thing to chase it up and fuck all. 

https://invitations.vacs.nhs.scot/

That was the link I used and got an appointment sorted within about 15 minutes. Not sure if thats the one youve already tried though.

7 hours ago, Orraloon said:

This needs to get sorted out quickly.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-57228041

First big challenge for Humza.

It also doesn't help that if people don't want the vaccine they cannot cancel it online and the helpline is really busy probably full of people like Flat Earth whose appointment have not been arranged and should have been.

It is really pissing me off that it has clearly fallen through the net but they won't do anything because it is only 8 weeks despite the dosage guidance now being 8 not 12 weeks. 

1 hour ago, Lamia said:

It also doesn't help that if people don't want the vaccine they cannot cancel it online and the helpline is really busy probably full of people like Flat Earth whose appointment have not been arranged and should have been.

It is really pissing me off that it has clearly fallen through the net but they won't do anything because it is only 8 weeks despite the dosage guidance now being 8 not 12 weeks. 

Where did you see that bit?

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Where did you see that bit?

It was mentioned at today's briefing. Gregor Smith has written to all the health boards to bring the second dose forward following the recommendation by the JVCI.

Edited by Lamia

9 hours ago, Lamia said:

It was mentioned at today's briefing. Gregor Smith has written to all the health boards to bring the second dose forward following the recommendation by the JVCI.

Cheers.

Sounds like a bit of an unrealistic target based on vaccination rates so far. Unless they have just found a million doses lurking at the back of a fridge somewhere.

On 5/25/2021 at 2:06 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

Still not had my first dose (or even an appointment) and most my mates the same. and we are all mid to late 30s. 

Did the missing app thing to chase it up and fuck all. 

My daughter has had her appointment for 2 June and she isnt 30 till July. Are your pals all in the same area as you ? Not sure if our area is ahead of some others . 

11 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Cheers.

Sounds like a bit of an unrealistic target based on vaccination rates so far. Unless they have just found a million doses lurking at the back of a fridge somewhere.

I think you might find they do have that. Looking at how Wales have steamed ahead it looks like we have plenty in the fridge. However I don't believe for one minute it will happen. 

19 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Some astonishing stuff being aired today. Still wouldn't trust Cummings as far as his namesake could swing on a chandelier but I'm enjoying seeing him throw numerous Tories under the bus.

Saw a clip there of Matt Hancock replying to the accusations from the HoC.
Much as Cummings is an utter weasel , Hancock sounded as guilty as fook. 

7 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Saw a clip there of Matt Hancock replying to the accusations from the HoC.
Much as Cummings is an utter weasel , Hancock sounded as guilty as fook. 

It's been obvious for years that Hancock just reels out prepared answers without knowing what he is talking about - a slightly better prepared version of Diane Abbot. A lot of what Cummings says rings true as it was totally obvious the virus spread extraordinarily fast and killed, so extreme immediate action was necessary but they followed a herd immunity policy instead thinking it would be better for the economy. What is also clear is that Cummings knowingly went along with the ride of supporting someone he describes as  totally unfit to govern but only decided to admit it after 'tens of thousands lost their lives unnecessarily'. 

18 minutes ago, gkm_vancouver said:

It's been obvious for years that Hancock just reels out prepared answers without knowing what he is talking about - a slightly better prepared version of Diane Abbot. A lot of what Cummings says rings true as it was totally obvious the virus spread extraordinarily fast and killed, so extreme immediate action was necessary but they followed a herd immunity policy instead thinking it would be better for the economy. What is also clear is that Cummings knowingly went along with the ride of supporting someone he describes as  totally unfit to govern but only decided to admit it after 'tens of thousands lost their lives unnecessarily'. 

Yes, Hancock is totally unconvincing in anything he says, his delivery is very poor. 
However I am more surprised at anyone actually being surprised at Cummings ’ revelations’ .
I think everyone knows there was a complete cock up , herd immunity was the focus , and the economy was prioritised. And I wouldnt put it past Johnson to say he would be vaccinated on TV , he is an utter clown.
I also believe the the dog story, after the money she spent doing up Downing st it’s pretty clear where Carrie Symonds priorities lie. 
Unfortunately however,  if anything,  Cummings will be earning Hancock the sympathy vote , especially with folk who just want to move on. Cummings is hardly in a position of respect and trust , as you say he kept quiet till it suited him , it will be easy to  dismiss his claims simply as vengeance . 

Nothing Cumming said surprised, it all rang true as far as I could tell, doesn't mean it's true, but I didn't see it contradict anything we already knew or suspected.

I wouldn't dismiss it for being just vengeance. He didn't need to say all this, he didn't need to say so much, including stuff that makes him look self-serving or culpable and part of the disaster. He could have said it was really tough, we tried our best, we got it mostly right but that Hancock lied and Johnson said some barking mad things. 

I think it's significant for painting a picture not so much of Hancock's self-serving lies or inadvertent incompetence, but that Johnson wilfully and knowingly took actions, or inaction, that materially enabled or accelerated the spread of the virus. His laissez-faire instincts, his scepticism and bravado about the virus, his callous calculation in favour of the economy over people's lives. Those to me are the most damning claims, that fit the facts. 

The dosing interval of the AstraZeneca vaccine, which was 28 days during its phase 3 trials was shifted to 12 weeks in Britain after researchers discovered that AstraZeneca is a “slow burn” vaccine that takes time to build its strength. After a first dose, the immune response keeps growing to around 76 per cent efficacy, then, after a second shot at around 12 weeks, climbs further, reaching an efficacy of 82.4 per cent. In contrast, if doses were given less than six weeks apart, the efficacy was around 54 per cent, according to a pre-print for the Lancet

2 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

The dosing interval of the AstraZeneca vaccine, which was 28 days during its phase 3 trials was shifted to 12 weeks in Britain after researchers discovered that AstraZeneca is a “slow burn” vaccine that takes time to build its strength. After a first dose, the immune response keeps growing to around 76 per cent efficacy, then, after a second shot at around 12 weeks, climbs further, reaching an efficacy of 82.4 per cent. In contrast, if doses were given less than six weeks apart, the efficacy was around 54 per cent, according to a pre-print for the Lancet

This is why I thought it was a bit strange that the UK was moving to 8 weeks. That paper was published back in February and was one of the main reasons given for moving to 12 weeks in the first place. They may have new studies indicating that 8 weeks could be better against the Indian variant? But I haven't read anything to indicate that yet. That study indicated that 12 weeks was better than less than six weeks so maybe they have now optimised it better now, and they think that 8 weeks is the  optimal gap? 

12 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

And I wouldnt put it past Johnson to say he would be vaccinated on TV , he is an utter clown.

It wasn't the vaccine he was wanting to be injected with, it was the disease itself!

Might explain his eagerness to shake hands with everyone he could find that had it...

Edited by Toepoke