Coronavirus - Page 267 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

11 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Up until the end of January over 90% of the doses used in Scotland were Pfizer. That was because right at the start, NHS Scotland came up with a plan of how the Pfizer one could be used in care homes. It wasn't really rocket science, just a question of logistics, but the high heed yins at NHS England said it couldn't be done. A lot of NHS staff in England were not happy about that. That's why NHS Scotland got the care homes done quicker than England. It also partly explains why it looked like England was going quicker overall than Scotland early on, before Scotland caught up. 

It was actually Nicola Sturgeon that said it was  more difficult fo the NHS in England to administer the Pfizer vaccine in Care Homes because of the different ways it operates so I took that at face value

My cousin was released from hospital today after nearly 5 weeks in hospital, 3 of them in ICU. A lot of recovering to do obviously and may be some long term residual damage but he's made it home to his family! 

Thanks to everyone who helped or sent good thoughts ❤️

19 minutes ago, slasher said:

My cousin was released from hospital today after nearly 5 weeks in hospital, 3 of them in ICU. A lot of recovering to do obviously and may be some long term residual damage but he's made it home to his family! 

❤️

11 hours ago, slasher said:

That’s great to hear Slasher, 3 weeks in ICU is a long time so he must have been very ill. I wish him well on a full recovery ❤️

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

That’s great to hear Slasher, 3 weeks in ICU is a long time so he must have been very ill. I wish him well on a full recovery ❤️

Yeah thanks Tidy, his lung collapsed twice after he came out of ICU so he had to go back in but it seems to have repaired itself. It was a bit of a bolt out the blue when they released him and a long road ahead to recovery but he's out of danger now so hopefully onwards and upwards now. 😀

7 day average continues to drop. 
Hospital numbers continue to drop. 
ICU numbers continue to drop. 

All good news! 

Hopefully vaccine supply pulls through in line with the article mentioned by Phart and allows us to get back to utilising fully capacity of approx. 60k per day. 

At the current rate of vaccinations I cannot see how the April target can be met whilst also doing second doses. I was expecting a sharp increase but Nicola was saying it could slow again next week! 🤔

2 hours ago, Lamia said:

At the current rate of vaccinations I cannot see how the April target can be met whilst also doing second doses. I was expecting a sharp increase but Nicola was saying it could slow again next week! 🤔

At the current rate it won’t be met - but the current rate isn’t a constant. 

So far they’ve had 1 target date for the first phase of vaccines and hit it. They also ramped to approx. 60k a day / 400k a week as they had targeted for capacity. 

I get that people are anxious for themselves and loved ones and want this to be over ASAP but overall the vaccine programme is not going badly. 

42 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

At the current rate it won’t be met - but the current rate isn’t a constant. 

So far they’ve had 1 target date for the first phase of vaccines and hit it. They also ramped to approx. 60k a day / 400k a week as they had targeted for capacity. 

I get that people are anxious for themselves and loved ones and want this to be over ASAP but overall the vaccine programme is not going badly. 

Oh I know that but the underlying conditions category is huge and we have second doses to start ramping up too. It needs to increase pretty soon

10 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

What age groups have been completed for 1st dose so far?   (Selfish question.)

Over 65s have pretty much been done, still a few stragglers to get to. They are now working through under 65s with underlying conditions then 60 to 64s.

On 2/24/2021 at 8:34 AM, TDYER63 said:

Tbh TW , I expect it to be totally ignored. The cost of this will be swept up as an ‘unprecedented covid cost’ , than the fact it is due to the gap left from the EU . They will hide a lot under the covid banner.

Hope you get your weekend to Germany though ! 😊

Small world - saw my neice on Channel 4 this morning during the cricket.  Wife texted her and she's doing the Covid testing for the players so gets put up in a mega posh hotel and gets allowed in to watch the games.   

1 hour ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Small world - saw my neice on Channel 4 this morning during the cricket.  Wife texted her and she's doing the Covid testing for the players so gets put up in a mega posh hotel and gets allowed in to watch the games.   

You canny have a cricket fan staying in a Travelodge, c’mon 😏