Coronavirus - Page 252 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

38 minutes ago, biffer said:

Nah, don’t think so. Regardless of Brexit this was a sooner the better scenario, so trying to find an excuse to criticise them for something they’ve actually done well isn’t necessary. They’re a big enough shower of cunts that it’s not going to make a difference to my opinion.

Correct, but having made a complete arse of dealing with the crisis, as was evident from early on, the only way to get it back would be to steam in fully on the vaccine solution. Invest heavily and front the cash early to get to front of the queue. 

1 hour ago, biffer said:

Nah, don’t think so. Regardless of Brexit this was a sooner the better scenario, so trying to find an excuse to criticise them for something they’ve actually done well isn’t necessary. They’re a big enough shower of cunts that it’s not going to make a difference to my opinion.

I agree, credit should be given where its due. However I think they are banking on this being their get out of jail free card for their diabolical overall handling of the pandemic. All we will hear is how fookin great they have managed the vaccine, how the country is getting back on its feet, how shite Europe is, and the rest of the earlier mess and 100k deaths will be swept under the carpet. 

42 minutes ago, phart said:

They've been using samples from sewage for a while to check prevalence in some areas, this is just a bit more... direct!

Oh I know about the sewerage testing. This isn’t quite the same though 😳😆

English data cause no one i follow is doing Scottish data like this. Also looking at early log graphs we should be seeing straight line decreases but it appears we are getting slightly more than that, no idea if statistically significant or what exactly to attribute it to, however a possible explanation is vaccines so hope it's that!

Es643YcXIAglZRf?format=jpg&name=4096x409

7 hours ago, slasher said:

My cousin tested positive for Covid on Monday. He's 55 doesn't drink much, never smoked and other than carrying a little middle age timber pretty fit and healthy. 

On Thursday night he was rushed into hospital with O2 level dangerously low. He's been unconscious and on a ventilator ever since and docs say the next 24 hours will be crucial. 

Not looking for sympathy, I merely post to make people aware if any of you, like me, have been guilty of dropping your guard lately. Keep following the guidance troops! 

Jesus 😳. Obviously sounds horrific, hope he can recover ok. 

6 hours ago, Lamia said:

I am honestly utterly baffled by this. I luckily haven't been directly affected but I am acutely aware of the dangers and must be one of the few that hasn't once dropped their guard mainly because I have become obsessive compulsive and agoraphobic 🤨 I honestly can't see how I am ever going to be comfortable in close company again 😪

My mates wife hasn’t left the house in months, she isn’t keen on visitors either, she is traumatised by the whole thing. 

Without wanting to start some mad competition.

I go shopping once a week for my gran, head over to aldi one a week for myself after 9 pm. Literally a  couple of visits over the summer to friends in their garden. I don't go anywhere indoors at all. The last 47 weeks this has been going on. I get the occaisonal takeaway.

6 minutes ago, phart said:

I go shopping once a week for my gran, head over to aldi one a week for myself after 9 pm. Literally a  couple of visits over the summer to friends in their garden. I don't go anywhere indoors at all. The last 47 weeks this has been going on. I get the occaisonal takeaway.

My wife is pretty much the same. Goes to work at the hospital then comes home again. I’m quite lucky that I go all over the city with my work, Into different places and see people (following the rules of course) and can still play golf. I couldn’t handle being home 99% of the time. 

She’s cracking up when not at work. This thing is shit and needs to go ASAP. 

Hopefully people like yourself can get out soon enough and start to live a life again.   

Edited by dandydunn

6 minutes ago, phart said:

Sounds like absolute hell 😳

I go out for walks etc, but where I live it's easy to basically go places where you don't need to crowd etc. A lot of the time i just wander the estates listening to podcasts. I go to the local shop every now and again but it's at 7am to get nice rolls for my gran. and no one else is ever in. I'm in for like 2 minutes most. Mask etc

I'm getting ready for this to end a bit mind you. It must be a nightmare for folk witj young kids etc. I've had it pretty easy.

5 minutes ago, phart said:

I go out for walks etc, but where I live it's easy to basically go places where you don't need to crowd etc. A lot of the time i just wander the estates listening to podcasts. I go to the local shop every now and again but it's at 7am to get nice rolls for my gran. and no one else is ever in. I'm in for like 2 minutes most. Mask etc

I'm getting ready for this to end a bit mind you. It must be a nightmare for folk witj young kids etc. I've had it pretty easy.

I went loads of walks in the summer and until it got dark and weather got worse. I am so lucky to live in Aberdeenshire where we have loads of great quiet places. In the summer I went to my local coffee shop quite regularly because you could sit outside. I sat inside twice but was right next to an open door but I wasn't that comfortable. Flat Earth does the weekly shop. I went once and that was enough. I haven't arranged to meet anyone but have bumped into people when out walking and had a chat.

I was coping ok up until this latest increase in cases. I certainly think I will find it hard to readjust when things start to get back to normal. 

28 minutes ago, phart said:

On the plus side you've managed to level sixteen World of Warcraft characters to level 9999 :ok:

1 hour ago, Lamia said:

I went loads of walks in the summer and until it got dark and weather got worse. I am so lucky to live in Aberdeenshire where we have loads of great quiet places. In the summer I went to my local coffee shop quite regularly because you could sit outside. I sat inside twice but was right next to an open door but I wasn't that comfortable. Flat Earth does the weekly shop. I went once and that was enough. I haven't arranged to meet anyone but have bumped into people when out walking and had a chat.

I was coping ok up until this latest increase in cases. I certainly think I will find it hard to readjust when things start to get back to normal. 

One thing to I remind myself is it's just a temporary solution to a temporary problem.

12 hours ago, phart said:

Im much the same. Live alone, get a click and collect from Tesco once a week. Working from home atm. A couple of friends dropped off something for my birthday last week, that was the first time I’d spoken to anyone face to face since the second week of December. Fist bumped a friend in August, that’s the only time I’ve had physical contact with another person since March. 

11 minutes ago, biffer said:

Im much the same. Live alone, get a click and collect from Tesco once a week. Working from home atm. A couple of friends dropped off something for my birthday last week, that was the first time I’d spoken to anyone face to face since the second week of December. Fist bumped a friend in August, that’s the only time I’ve had physical contact with another person since March. 

Was that fist bump really essential? 

You can't fist bump somebody from two meters apart unless you have the arms of an orangutan.

My mum lives here in Ottawa by herself, she is really struggling with  this pandemic. I like phart, go over twice a week to bring her her messages, she is 78. I take her for drives outside the city and we go for walks. We speak everyday. I am also lucky like DD with my job, I am all over the city on a daily basis. My wife works for the government so she is obviously working from home, but she also finds it hard, especially when our 2 boys are schooling from home, and she is trying to do it all as I work loads of overtime. I see what this pandemic is doing to people eveyday, because of my job, its heartbreaking. Businesses I drove passed 6 month ago, are now bankrupt, and lease. My wife and I are very lucky though, as our jobs are not affected, so we both are thankful for that. All I can say is God Bless to everyone having it hard, and hopefully we all get through this....

Like everyone else we on here we are shopping once a week although I go into the newsagents on the way to work for a paper in the morning. 

Myself and Mrs B work together so no problem there. We walk or cycle to work. I reckon I've been on 2 buses and 2 trains since last March. With the pubs being shut/no go cycling has kept me sane, I'm a keen cyclist (not a good one) and I usually do about 2500 miles a year. Last year with nothing else to do at the weekends I did over 4000 miles.

Hopefully by mid to late summer we will get back to a bit of normality but I'm really starting to think we won't be getting into the Euros.