Coronavirus - Page 248 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

3 minutes ago, duncan II said:

Please somebody funny come on and ridicule this Khunt. I’d attempt to but am tired and cant be arsed.

Do they really walk among us, or is it a wind up? Phart isn’t helping matters by seriously engaging.

I'm not seriously engaging i'm ripping the pish but in my own way for my own amusement.

1 hour ago, phart said:

I prefer empiricism and the scientific method, it's why without it we went from stone spears to bronze spears in 60,000 years and with it we went from bow and arrow to the moon in 300 years.

The examples you give stand up to neither.

I used methods

"i prefer RCT and double blinds"

Randomised control studies and double blind experiments.

Both stand up to empiricism and the scientific method. Your objection needs elucidated on before it stands up to any scrutiny.

and how does it compare to eschewing them in favour of watching a youtube video from say " a sacred healing practioner"?

Edited by phart

1 hour ago, JohnWh said:

Listen, I have done years and years of research.  Please do not bother me with your lies.

What’s your qualification after years of research, I assume you have a pretty damn good doctorate? Or similar? Or do you mean you watched some YouTube videos?

Ive watched fitba for years, doesn’t make me a pro player or manager. I’ve been on hundreds of flights over the last decade, I’m certainly not a pilot. I’ve stayed in buildings for 41 years, I’m not an architect. I’ve had a driving license for 24 years, I’m not an engineer.

But here we have a guy who clicks on ever more bizarre videos, who thinks he is a fucking scientist. 

The vast majority of normal people are like walking zombies, right into the apocalypse, only the special few have seen past the globalists ideals. Well fucking bring it on, I want my soylent green, and I want it soon. But please, for the love of god explain, why it’s taking so unbelievably long. 

Why don't people just post stuff about coronavirus on the corronavirus thread, and post other stuff on videos, on other threads? Maybe we should have a "other stuff on videos" thread? Could be cool.

Edited by exile

5 minutes ago, exile said:

Why don't people just post stuff about coronavirus on the corronavirus thread, and post other stuff on videos, on other threads? Maybe we should have a "other stuff on videos" thread? Could be cool.

Cause they know that nobody would open the thread. 

9 hours ago, phart said:

https://www.ft.com/content/4d9fe80d-e604-4bbe-b0f8-fd4b8df9b7f1

Israel finds single dose gives high resistance

Statistics show more than 90 per cent of recipients had major response to first jab

That article is behind a paywall but I read couple of other articles which will probably have the same info. From what I've seen so far, they studied 1800 medical staff and 91% of them had "significant levels of antibodies" after 3 weeks. 50% of them were "above the threshold" after 2 weeks. I haven't yet managed to find out what those two things mean. Again this bears little relation to Pfizer's own 52% and 95% numbers as they are measuring different things. I'm not sure scientists have agreed what level of antibodies are required to give significant protection. Still very good information though and looks promising. 

Edited by Orraloon

2 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

That article is behind a paywall but I read couple of other articles which will probably have the same info. From what I've seen so far, they studied 1800 medical staff and 91% of them had "significant levels of antibodies" after 3 weeks. 50% of them were "above the threshold" after 2 weeks. I haven't yet managed to find out what those two things mean. Again this bears little relation to Pfizer's own 51% and 95% numbers as they are measuring different things. I'm not sure scientists have agreed what level of antibodies are required to give significant protection. Still very good information though and looks promising. 

Weirdly i read it fine at the time but now it is behind a paywall.

2 hours ago, King Of Paisley said:

Cases of the South African and Brazilian variants detected in the U.K. Linked to travel but still quite worrying 

"Mr Hancock said that all the South Africa variant cases in the UK were linked to travel.

"That's why we have got such stringent border measures in place against movement from South Africa," he added."

There aren't very fukin stringent if you've already let at least 77 cases in. It's probably already a lot more than that. 

16 hours ago, phart said:

oh right you're stating the earth is only 5000 nearly 6,000 years old and we never went to the moon.

OK lets move around that and go from 60,000 years to 4700 years and moon to nuclear bombs in 300.

The point is still the same.

I'm simply pointing out that if your point is the benefits due to scientific progress then why don't you give examples that are actually (observable, testable, and repeatable) scientific? (And no, nukes won't do it.)

Here's one...

My grandparents were born in the mid-1890's.

The Wright Brothers first flight lasted 12 seconds on December 17th, 1903.

In the early 1970's they flew over the Atlantic ocean (to visit us in Canada) on a passenger plane being asked if they'd like chicken or fish.

See? A simple example of scientific advancement through the years (and within a lifetime).

No need to go stampeding off into the realms of deception and fantasy if your point is to hold science to its' true standard.

14 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

I'm simply pointing out that if your point is the benefits due to scientific progress then why don't you give examples that are actually (observable, testable, and repeatable) scientific? (And no, nukes won't do it.)

Here's one...

My grandparents were born in the mid-1890's.

The Wright Brothers first flight lasted 12 seconds on December 17th, 1903.

In the early 1970's they flew over the Atlantic ocean (to visit us in Canada) on a passenger plane being asked if they'd like chicken or fish.

See? A simple example of scientific advancement through the years (and within a lifetime).

No need to go stampeding off into the realms of deception and fantasy if your point is to hold science to its' true standard.

It's not the benefits i'm pointing out it's the efficacy.

simple would be a good word for your point.