Coronavirus - Page 236 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

5 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

Re. UKG Coronavirus Briefings...

In the very comfortable environs of 10 Downing Street with it's oak panelling and plush carpeting throughout, why - when they roll out a soldier - is he dressed in full camouflage; as if on a tour of Afghanistan? 

What is the subliminal message?

Am I irrational in thinking it's not a world away from placing Union flags on food packaging?

We haven't started any wars in a while so tbru need to justify their existence some how.

9 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

very poor from police scotland 

That wasnt comfortble viewing. I understand why the law was changed but police being allowed to barge into a house doesnt sit well with me. I could understand if they were breaking up a large party but that wasnt unless we are not seeing the whole story.

41 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

that story was doing it’s rounds on WhatsApp last night and was posted on Twitter by  unionists and a lot of folks were saying it was fake so it appears it’s not fake so I stand corrected 

Where's the video of police "force themselves into a family home in Scotland" The video i see they're standing with one hand in pocket arguing with someone.

Now as the curator of the police scotland thread on here I think the police do a shitty job and have been led by idiots for years.

Everyone moans about the MSM then turns right round and accepts their own misleading tactics when it suits their agenda. As if the tactics aren't the problem it's just what they are being used for.

A quick look at this guys media and it's full of Q-anon nonsense as well. Be wary of the media you consume these days especially if you're impressionable and prone to gossip. You'll become a useful idiot in a cuture war.

50 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

That wasnt comfortble viewing. I understand why the law was changed but police being allowed to barge into a house doesnt sit well with me. I could understand if they were breaking up a large party but that wasnt unless we are not seeing the whole story.

They've been allowed to enter someones home for a while, don't always need a warrant. I'd also like to see more than a shaky minute of video. Someones obviously called the police for a reason. The children are pleading with their mum, the police have obviously changed tactics recently with enforcing things. A whole lot more information needed to see what this is about.

It's outrage media though, we're biochemically predisposed as a species to react strongly to it and so it gets used as the medium to give information to us as it grabs our attention. It's also the worst way to objectively appraise information though and make rational decision on that information. Like making all your decisions based on gossip :D

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I dont like the idea of police barging into a house either but that doesnt exactly look like barging. The woman is overly aggressive for no reason that I can see.
If the police came to my door and I had nothing to hide I wouldnt react like that. I would perhaps be pissed off at whoever called them but the police are doing their job. 

We are all unhappy at people flaunting the rules and saying the police are doing nothing. We cant have it both ways. 

As Phart says though, without the full picture it is impossible to make a proper judgement. 

1 hour ago, phart said:

They've been allowed to enter someones home for a while, don't always need a warrant. I'd also like to see more than a shaky minute of video. Someones obviously called the police for a reason. The children are pleading with their mum, the police have obviously changed tactics recently with enforcing things. A whole lot more information needed to see what this is about.

It's outrage media though, we're biochemically predisposed as a species to react strongly to it and so it gets used as the medium to give information to us as it grabs our attention. It's also the worst way to objectively appraise information though and make rational decision on that information. Like making all your decisions based on gossip :D

Yes you’re right there, social media is so,so dangerous as it gives “idiots” a voice and latley it has gotten out of control. I not recently joined twitter and that place is a cesspit.It was actually on josh taylor(really good scottish boxer) page that i seen this on. He seems to have fallen hook line and sinker for the covid conspiracy, police state enforcement agenda, hes also turning against sturgeon when he was very “pro-scottiah”

this incident will only reinforce the unionist attack on houzma(excuse my spelling) the hate crime bill, the named persons act and now giving the police the right to enter one's home,,, you can see exactly where the unionists will attack for mays election 

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/media/more-virulent-strain-of-right-wing-covid-denying-commentator-emerges-20210108204030

EXPERTS have warned of an even worse type of anti-science, right-wing newspaper columnist emerging during the Covid crisis. 

A new strain of amoral, ambitious journalists could spread quasi-libertarian nonsense more effectively than even Allison Pearson, Julia Hartley-Brewer and that twat Toby Young.

31 minutes ago, phart said:

Moderna vaccine approved now as well.

That's good news.

There will be a lot of pressure on these three companies to get as much of the stuff churned out as quickly as possible. I'm not sure when we are expecting to get the first delivery from Moderna in the UK? There will be a great feeling within these companies knowing that there is huge demand for every last drop of the stuff that they can make. But it also puts loads of pressure on the workers whose job it is to make it. They will all be desperately hoping they don't make a fuk up that ruins a batch of this life saving vaccine. Because there will be fuk ups, there always is. 

Here's a hypothetical question. If you were allowed to choose which of the three currently approved vaccines you could get, which one would you pick?

52 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

That's good news.

There will be a lot of pressure on these three companies to get as much of the stuff churned out as quickly as possible. I'm not sure when we are expecting to get the first delivery from Moderna in the UK? There will be a great feeling within these companies knowing that there is huge demand for every last drop of the stuff that they can make. But it also puts loads of pressure on the workers whose job it is to make it. They will all be desperately hoping they don't make a fuk up that ruins a batch of this life saving vaccine. Because there will be fuk ups, there always is. 

Here's a hypothetical question. If you were allowed to choose which of the three currently approved vaccines you could get, which one would you pick?

Probably pfizier I think that has the highest efficacy rating.

I'm watching the bbc news channel there's a report Some low life bastard down in Surbiton London  went to an 92 year old woman's house claiming he was from the NHS and conned her out of £160 whilst giving her an injection of an unknown substance claiming he was giving her the vaccine, what kind of world do we live in where some bastard would do that. Fucking shocking he should be strung up the baws, if it were a relative of mine I'd only need 5 mins with the cunt in a locked room