Coronavirus - Page 233 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

4 minutes ago, Redz said:

I really did expect to be stopped which is why I arranged the appropriate paperwork...

Whether you got stopped or not, at least you did the right thing. Too many people and companies are not

The piece is more about lower income folk as opposed to drug addicts though, the amount of unavoidable contacts between those that can work from home and those that can't. Contacts between people who have access to green space and those that live in massive shared accomadation etc.

20 minutes ago, Redz said:

Aye, I was listening to the top guy in D&G as I crossed the border on the way up - Spouting on about an increased visible presence - Like I said, didn't see any police up or back.....

I live in Kelso and have only seen police on the quiet B road border crossing.

never on main trunk roads.

36 minutes ago, phart said:

Trying to get online shopping done for my gran no slots for 2 weeks minimum now.

Ack well in late at night to minimise risk it is.

Have you tried Iceland (the shop before any wise cracks). Just put an online order in and its coming tomorrow.Ā 

Was looking at coming home this month, but thatā€™s now unlikely.

They need to close the borders, or implement severe restrictions on entry at the very least. Internal UK movement needs to be suspended immediately.

The UK Government have been utterly abysmal over the last year, they have to be doing it on purpose, they canā€™t really be that bad can they.Ā 

2021 looks like itā€™s going down the pan already.Ā 

4 minutes ago, kumnio said:

They need to close the borders, or implement severe restrictions on entry at the very least. Internal UK movement needs to be suspended immediately.

The UK Government have been utterly abysmal over the last year, they have to be doing it on purpose, they canā€™t really be that bad can they.Ā 

What is more depressing is that I don't think Labour would have done any better.

5 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Aye on a personal level looks like 2021 will be similar to 2020. Another excuse to delay growing up ... šŸ˜¬

1 hour ago, Och Aye said:

Have you tried Iceland (the shop before any wise cracks). Just put an online order in and its coming tomorrow.Ā 

I hadn't mate, good shout!

However my Gran is the ultimate creature of habit so will have to check with her as she gets the same stuff each week and no deviation allowed!

This thread was started nearly a year ago (29th Jan 2020) and earlier today and I went back and read the first 4 pages.

It's an interesting diary of how things started to unfold and I'm sure reading more of those early pages would be interesting.

Edited by fringo

15 minutes ago, fringo said:

This thread was started nearly a year ago (29th Jan 2020) and earlier today and I went back and read the first 4 pages.

It's an interesting diary of how things started to unfold and I'm sure reading more of those early pages would be interesting.

Aye I didn't even think it was something to worry about!

On 3/4/2020 at 7:26 AM, phart said:

Starting to look worse than I originally thought.

Seems I was wrong.

To cover for that i'm going to also make an observation that will hopefully overshadow my wrongness.

Reading about all the funding suddenly being thrown at it it's worth noting that something like 9000 children under the age of 5 die each day from starvation or lack of political will depending how you view the context, yet 3000 deaths worldwide in 2 months is a huge concern. A great example of the self preservation mechanism in the human race. :)

page 5 I had to recant.

8 minutes ago, fringo said:

No one on earth knew . Caught everyone one out as it had not happened in all our lifetimes.

I think we were also all trying to be optimistic and/or hopeful.

Mad looking back there's a picture of Trump page 1 - not many at that point would have seen this outlasting him.

12 minutes ago, fringo said:

No one on earth knew . Caught everyone one out as it had not happened in all our lifetimes.

I think we were also all trying to be optimistic and/or hopeful.

Actually that isn't quite true. I read a couple of articles from people who did. I didn't really appreciate what they were saying would actually mean though. I did however twig that I needed to avoid crowded places two weeks earlier than most people.

6 minutes ago, Lamia said:

Actually that isn't quite true. I read a couple of articles from people who did. I didn't really appreciate what they were saying would actually mean though. I did however twig that I needed to avoid crowded places two weeks earlier than most people.

Aye, plenty folk had been warning this was coming. They just didn't know when and on what scale. Lots of folk had been planning for it for at least a decade. To be fair out NHS and public health care people had been trying to plan ahead for something like this. Funding cuts ensured the plans weren't anywhere near adequate though.

24 minutes ago, kumnio said:

After fringo read the first few pages, I thought Iā€™d do the same. What a twat...

I wasn't singling anyone out.Ā šŸ˜„

It's an interesting diary of what was going through our minds over many weeks (and later months).