Coronavirus - Page 226 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

28 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I tend to agree, bit of an error in judgement. 

Thats it, obviously the unionist media will jump on it and make a huge deal of it 

An error - yes. But on the scale of this Tory governmement's error it is inconsequential considering how the Tory government have made promises on relaxing Xmas rules, on having an oven ready Brexit deal and the Cummings Affair.

The acid test here is whether the lapse would be news if it was a Tory? Say, Ruth Davidson? At a funeral. Would the press make a song and dance about it? I don't think so. If the National did, they'd be criticised for being ghouls, politicising a funeral. And the BBC wouldn't run with it (if anything, it would air the criticism). Even people who are political opponents are saying leave off. It's only political partisans who are trying to make a big deal. It's telling that the BBC is among them.

Edited by exile

4 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Another 172,000 doses of the Pfizer/BioNtech vaccine due to arrive in Scotland by the end of the week. That's good news, and quicker than I expected. It would be good if the AstraZeneca/Oxford one was to get approved soon. 

I heard 27th or 28th of December for approval, could be shite though.

3 hours ago, Jon Cutler said:

No matter who it is and the circumstances , what weird creep takes out their phone to take pics at a funeral wake? No respect for the family. 

You know, I dont know whats worse, the picture being taken or the fact it didn’t even occur to me how weird and distasteful that was till you pointed it out. Cameras just seem to be everywhere these days. 
There seems no level whatsoever that people will not sink to in order to get attention or create controversy. 

47 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

You know, I dont know whats worse, the picture being taken or the fact it didn’t even occur to me how weird and distasteful that was till you pointed it out. Cameras just seem to be everywhere these days. 
There seems no level whatsoever that people will not sink to in order to get attention or create controversy. 

People stand back and film others taking a beating or worse so i am not surprised some mutant took a picture of sturgeon at a funeral.

7 hours ago, exile said:

The acid test here is whether the lapse would be news if it was a Tory? Say, Ruth Davidson? At a funeral. Would the press make a song and dance about it? I don't think so. If the National did, they'd be criticised for being ghouls, politicising a funeral. And the BBC wouldn't run with it (if anything, it would air the criticism). Even people who are political opponents are saying leave off. It's only political partisans who are trying to make a big deal. It's telling that the BBC is among them.

When even people like Kevin Hague and Isobel Oakeshott are saying the criticism is OTT, you know it really is!

Disappointing behaviour from the Sun but they're a shit-rag, so it is to be expected.  That the BBC is continuing to run with this petty, mountain-out-of-a-molehill of a story is more surprising. Or maybe not.

8 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

An error - yes. But on the scale of this Tory governmement's error it is inconsequential considering how the Tory government have made promises on relaxing Xmas rules, on having an oven ready Brexit deal and the Cummings Affair.

You’ll get no defence of a Tory government from me 

20 minutes ago, scotlad said:

When even people like Kevin Hague and Isobel Oakeshott are saying the criticism is OTT, you know it really is!

Disappointing behaviour from the Sun but they're a shit-rag, so it is to be expected.  That the BBC is continuing to run with this petty, mountain-out-of-a-molehill of a story is more surprising. Or maybe not.

21 minutes ago, scotlad said:

That cunt Glenn Campbell couldn't help himself with an 'analysis' on this non-story. Tells you all you need to know about the BBC. Says a lot when it barely even got a mention at FMQs today.

And The Sun are no strangers to trashing private grief. Hillsborough and hacking Milly Dowler's phone to name but two. We should follow Merseyside's lead with a mass boycott of that shit rag. I wouldn't even wipe my hoop with it.

9 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

That cunt Glenn Campbell couldn't help himself with an 'analysis' on this non-story. Tells you all you need to know about the BBC. Says a lot when it barely even got a mention at FMQs today.

And The Sun are no strangers to trashing private grief. Hillsborough and hacking Milly Dowler's phone to name but two. We should follow Merseyside's lead with a mass boycott of that shit rag. I wouldn't even wipe my hoop with it.

I assumed most people did. Can't believe people still buy crap like them.

2 hours ago, King Of Paisley said:

The people of Liverpool will always have my respect and admiration for that act of solidarity. The Sun really is a vile paper.