Coronavirus - Page 203 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

People arent even hiding the fact they are going to other households anymore.

If there are still strict measures in place at christmas, i have no idea how these people will cope

I'm hardly out and about so i'm ignorant of that. Most folk I know are pretty good at following the rules or good at hiding they aren't. Could get really messy, let's hope it doesn't though.

1 hour ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Ek-XSqeg-Xc-AI10-YS-jpeg.jpg

Thought this was quite interesting - on the one hand only 15% of Covid patients were admitted with it whereas the other 85% must have either caught it there or, likely in the majority of cases, were tested for it and were asymptomatic.  

On the other hand 55 ICU beds being taken up must be eating into capacity.   

It's the control of it too. For vast majority likely to be asymptomatic but for some groups it's really high fatality chance and those groups are often found in hospitals.

The more data i look at the more glad i am that I don't need to devise a strategy, it's so complex.

2 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Pathetic from Sturgeon. 

As much as i

2 hours ago, stirlish said:

it really is. Special treatment requests, but only for 2 clubs .

all other clubs can GTF.

As much i would usually agree with you, shes trying to get a solution to stop the special people amongst the OF supoort from potentially spreading the disease.

On 10/14/2020 at 6:36 PM, phart said:

Someone I know works for a company that have taken on test and trace.
The company overstated the number of staff they had and their ability to cope with it in order to get the contract.

Staff are having to work overtime, they have been taken off their normal job which is sales driven , with the bonus being a decent part of their salary. They now cannot earn any bonus and the overtime they get for the extra work does not compensate for the loss of bonus.
If the company was struggling to sell their normal product and this was keeping people in a job it wouldn't be so bad, but they sell a massively popular product and sales have been good thoughout Covid. 

The company is basically trying to rake in the cash by paying staff as little as they can get away with. 

49 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

That would be creepy and unacceptable even without Covid! Did you tell him to get tae, or move yourself?

I moved. As far away as I could. 

Tonights entertainment was a group of 5 guys about 17 yrs old, knocking back bottles of Buckie and playing that hideous neddy dance music. None of them with masks on , talking really loud and swearing. Ticket inspector  was sitting at the end of the carriage watching them, poor guy really could do nothing. Not sure if he was able to call the polis, they werent being aggressive to anyone, just totally ignoring all guidelines . 

And folk wonder why the numbers are getting worse and restrictions need to be put in place. 

29 minutes ago, stirlish said:

No, she just relayed the story of her backed up drains!

😂 I dont know if you are being a cheeky bassa and saying I would bore him into moving, or that the thought of dysentery would be more frightening than Covid. 

Either way I will try it out on the next creep ! 😁

55 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I moved. As far away as I could. 

Tonights entertainment was a group of 5 guys about 17 yrs old, knocking back bottles of Buckie and playing that hideous neddy dance music. None of them with masks on , talking really loud and swearing. Ticket inspector  was sitting at the end of the carriage watching them, poor guy really could do nothing. Not sure if he was able to call the polis, they werent being aggressive to anyone, just totally ignoring all guidelines . 

And folk wonder why the numbers are getting worse and restrictions need to be put in place. 

my mum says folk are taking drink onto trains to Aberdeen having a party in the carriage down and back same with the helensburgh trains as well. A driver was telling her. taking on music etc and just travelling up and down the line.

10 hours ago, phart said:

my mum says folk are taking drink onto trains to Aberdeen having a party in the carriage down and back same with the helensburgh trains as well. A driver was telling her. taking on music etc and just travelling up and down the line.

Its so bloody irresponsible. And its really unfair on the train staff too . 

In normal times folk having a wee drink/party on the train doesnt bother me much, anyone travelling regularly on Ayrshire lines gets used to it and its a bit of fun unless it gets out of control. I am the last one to preach about partying.

But in current times its like a great big GIRUY to everyone who is trying to adhere to the guidance.

They are just reinforcing the reason why the pubs have had to be closed . Alcohol , music , people shouting over each other too close in a confined space. 

1 minute ago, King Of Paisley said:

Said in the briefings that it was up to the SPFL. Wasn't in her gift to make that decision, was her words. 

So doncaster and the SPFL have the power not sturgeon

I would love to see doncaster and the spfl call off an old firm derby, just for shits and giggles.

34 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

So doncaster and the SPFL have the power not sturgeon

I would love to see doncaster and the spfl call off an old firm derby, just for shits and giggles.

would accelerate the public rioting timeline nicely!

Honest tae fook I am becoming Scotrail’s  ‘mask ‘ polis. 
4 folk got on the train and walked through 3 carriages with no masks on,  then sat down in the 3rd carriage. I was walking alongside , but on the platform. 
Would love to see their faces now that  the train has taken off,  leaving them at the station. Only the front 3 carriages of the 6 are being used 😁

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Honest tae fook I am becoming Scotrail’s  ‘mask ‘ polis. 
4 folk got on the train and walked through 3 carriages with no masks on,  then sat down in the 3rd carriage. I was walking alongside , but on the platform. 
Would love to see their faces now that  the train has taken off,  leaving them at the station. Only the front 3 carriages of the 6 are being used 😁

What are compliance levels like generally though in Scotland?

I've been getting the bus to work in Dublin city centre each day, and i'm yet to see anyone not wearing a mask (haven't bumped into any groups of young folk having a drink though... only commuters).

One morning i forgot to put my mask on (the bus driver never challenged me, neither did any of the passengers) and only put it on halfway through the hour long journey. I wonder if the Irish version of Tidyer was boring the evils intae the back ae ma heid :lol:

13 hours ago, Dave78 said:

What are compliance levels like generally though in Scotland?

I've been getting the bus to work in Dublin city centre each day, and i'm yet to see anyone not wearing a mask (haven't bumped into any groups of young folk having a drink though... only commuters).

One morning i forgot to put my mask on (the bus driver never challenged me, neither did any of the passengers) and only put it on halfway through the hour long journey. I wonder if the Irish version of Tidyer was boring the evils intae the back ae ma heid :lol:

😂

I was meant to be coming over to Kinsale in 3 weeks for my friends 50th so think yourself lucky it most likely is not going to happen.

I sound like a moany old cow but it pisses me off when people are blatantly just ignoring the guidance.

I know there are people who genuinely cannot wear a mask and I would normally just assume anyone without a mask fell into that category, but I would EAT my fookin mask if any of the people I mentioned fell into that category. 

I started working back in Glasgow centre about 3 weeks ago and was instantly really impressed with the amount of people adhering to the rules. In shops it is pretty strict, many of the larger shops have people standing at the doors monitoring it. Glasgow Central Station is less stringent but the vast majority are wearing masks. At the start they had people at the entrances making sure you used the correct lane to come in and out and that you had a mask on, but they dont have that now. I dont think anyone has the power to enforce the masks as some people genuinely do have a condition. 

Its funny, at the start of all this when really no one was wearing masks and those who were were regarded as ‘weird’ , someone on here (think it was maybe thplinth) said that in a few months anyone not wearing a mask would be the weird ones. They were spot on.   It really is noticeable when you see someone without one. 

31 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😂

I was meant to be coming over to Kinsale in 3 weeks for my friends 50th so think yourself lucky it most likely is not going to happen.

Next time! When all this is over it'll be like VE day.

I sound like a moany old cow but it pisses me off when people are blatantly just ignoring the guidance.

Nah, no ye don't. When i see folk wearing them not covering their nose, i'm the same.

I know there are people who genuinely cannot wear a mask and I would normally just assume anyone without a mask fell into that category, but I would EAT my fookin mask if any of the people I mentioned fell into that category. 

I started working back in Glasgow centre about 3 weeks ago and was instantly really impressed with the amount of people adhering to the rules. In shops it is pretty strict, many of the larger shops have people standing at the doors monitoring it. Glasgow Central Station is less stringent but the vast majority are wearing masks. At the start they had people at the entrances making sure you used the correct lane to come in and out and that you had a mask on, but they dont have that now. I dont think anyone has the power to enforce the masks as some people genuinely do have a condition. 

Its funny, at the start of all this when really no one was wearing masks and those who were were regarded as ‘weird’ , someone on here (think it was maybe thplinth) said that in a few months anyone not wearing a mask would be the weird ones. They were spot on.   It really is noticeable when you see someone without one. 

Good to hear :ok: