Coronavirus - Page 199 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

Just now, phart said:

From that article

At some point in the future - and way way too late - there will be a public enquiry that will uncover the full level of graft and cronyism that's been going on and there will be a massive public scandal, but no-one will be held accountable.

50 minutes ago, aaid said:

At some point in the future - and way way too late - there will be a public enquiry that will uncover the full level of graft and cronyism that's been going on and there will be a massive public scandal, but no-one will be held accountable.

They'll just lock the results up for 50 years anyway.  Pretty demoralising when a lot of them should be jailed.

1 hour ago, aaid said:

I doubt it, people will have forgotten about it, and the Tories pals in the media wont bring it back up.

At least people in tin pot dictatorships knew that their countries were corrupt, people here still think they live in a good country where democracy and decency prevails.

Most of the tax havens that we are supposed to dislike as a country are British, or formerly in British in one way or another. Its always been about stealing, swindling or gaining whatever money you can, by whatever means possible. We need a revolution, preferably like the ending of V for Vendetta.

10 hours ago, aaid said:

No chance 

Of a meaningful public enquiry*

Edited by ParisInAKilt

15 hours ago, aaid said:

Democracy. Fuckin lol at the UK

On 10/8/2020 at 2:15 PM, phart said:

377 people in hospital now, increase of 58, was 154 a week ago.

31 in UCU +3 was 17 a week ago.

1027 new cases at 13.5%

397 people in hospital so a slowing down of the increase from previous days

33 in ICU

6 reported deaths.

1,246 new cases of COVID-19 reported; this is 16.2%

Seems they might be changing the methodology of the percentage positive. Had an * next to it.

1 hour ago, phart said:

397 people in hospital so a slowing down of the increase from previous days

33 in ICU

6 reported deaths.

1,246 new cases of COVID-19 reported; this is 16.2%

Seems they might be changing the methodology of the percentage positive. Had an * next to it.

Not really a good a idea to look at day to day comparisons but lets hope its a trend.

30 minutes ago, aaid said:

Not really a good a idea to look at day to day comparisons but lets hope its a trend.

Well i think it looks dire as fuck atm. However folk complained the last time of my posts being too negative so i just sprinkled a bit of false optimism on there.

20 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

It seems that in England the majority of the new cases are still in the younger age groups but in Scotland it seems to be spreading to the older age groups much quicker. It would be interesting to know what is driving that difference.  

Not seen the scottish breakdown by age here it is for England

Ej4yFFBXcAI7qzp?format=png&name=large

On 10/8/2020 at 11:32 AM, hampden_loon2878 said:

Just stating my observations, has no one else seen the same reaction? It will fade in the next few days however it is there just now. It reminds me of the time sturgeon came out after brexit and stood on a platform to call an indyref 2, My feed went mental with folk saying they would not be voting snp

Shes getting it hard, I got banned from facebook last night as someone on a post called her a cow, i responded with "you're a cow" and got a 24 hour ban from posting etc, wtf is that haha.

On 10/8/2020 at 11:49 AM, Toepoke said:

Who else would people vote for?

I could see some pissed off SNP voters abstaining, but switching to the Tories or Labour in huge numbers given the recent performance of those parties? I'd very much doubt it.

I don't think there is anyone that's the thing, but the snp are defos doing themselves some damage just now. the hospitality industry is fucking beeling which is understandable. 

17 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Rishi getting the ducks in a row for a staggered re-introduction of full lockdown?   

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54481817

Kinda looks like it, grim winter ahead.

We are due to get married in May they better have some sort of fucking fix by then, although would ave a power of dosh by only having 20 folk there haha