Coronavirus - Page 194 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Margaret Ferrier has to go. What she has done is as bad, if not worse, than what Cummings did.

Just read about this, WTF can you say, staggering beyond belief.

Needs to be chucked out of the party, and done byĀ the police.

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Margaret Ferrier has to go. What she has done is as bad, if not worse, than what Cummings did.

Arguably it's worse.Ā  Cummings at least travelled by car; Margaret Ferrier though went all the way to London when she knew she had covid symptoms and then back again after she'd tested positive - by train!

I can't fathom how she could do something so stupid.

8 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Arguably it's worse.Ā  Cummings at least travelled by car; Margaret Ferrier though went all the way to London when she knew she had covid symptoms and then back again after she'd tested positive - by train!

I can't fathom how she could do something so stupid.

Patrick Harvie will probably be praising her for thinking of the environment.Ā 

This is far far worse than Cummings. Needs punted forthwith like McGarry was. Absolutely unforgivable behaviour at a time when numbers are rising and Sturgeon is walking a tightrope in asking us ordinary Joes to constantly follow the rules.

A fucking moron. What message does this send to the fannies that keep having the likes of house parties

14 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

What a daft cowĀ 

Position untenable. Shouldn't even be given option to resign.Ā 

The only people who can sack her as an MP are her constituents, and they won't get the chance to do that until there's an election.

In the meantime she should do the decent thing and resign.

11 hours ago, King Of Paisley said:

This is far far worse than Cummings. Needs punted forthwith like McGarry was. Absolutely unforgivable behaviour at a time when numbers are rising and Sturgeon is walking a tightrope in asking us ordinary Joes to constantly follow the rules.

A fucking moron. What message does this send to the fannies that keep having the likes of house parties

That with a bit of effort and a bit of luck, they too could become an MP.Ā  :spin:

• 775Ā new cases of COVID-19 reported; this isĀ 12.6%Ā of newly tested individuals
  • 4Ā new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive

A bad run of deaths relative to the last couple of months. Hospital rates increasing as well.Ā  84 in hospital 8 days ago 175 as of today.

Recent surveys show that the average R number is nearer to 1 now than 2 which is good, but that's the mean and it seems in different locations it's a lot higher. Scotland looking really bad compared to other regions in UK ATM. My own region in Scotland has went from basically no cases to one of the highest amount per capita in a relativey short time. Again giving credence to the working theory it's random super spreading events that drive the virus as opposed to a slow crawl it just explodes up in certain circumstances and fizzles out elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

It's almost laughable if it wasn't serious.Ā  She's literally brought covid into the heart of government.Ā  Maybe she was trying to take the Tories down from the inside!Ā  It sounds like she might just be a bit of an idiot, to be frank.

She isn't the only to do that. Boris did it as well. He actually boasted about shaking hands with COVID patients. Maybe she should go into hiding byĀ booking herself intoĀ ICU for a few weeks. Seemed to work out OK for Boris.

On 9/30/2020 at 10:22 AM, phart said:

Ā 

Long Covid: Long-term effects of coronavirus include damage to heart, liver, kidneys - Oxford study reveals

The study began in April and it has now detailed the first conclusions made from the data so far - the preliminary results confirm that Covid-19 can cause significant organ damage.

The exact extent, and expected long-term impact, of this organ damage has not been fully characterised and that's what the study is aiming to find out.Ā 

Sufferers are reporting a huge spectrum of problems, including severe fatigue, breathlessness, muscle aches, joint pain, 'brain fog,' memory loss, a lack of concentration, as well as depression and mental health problems.

Hair loss has even been reported among some 'long haulers'.Ā 

The first data from patients recovering from Covid-19 (160 patients, three months post diagnosis, 79% non-hospitalised) reveals many patients had measurable organ damage - even amongst those not hospitalised.

The study also foundĀ many patients who have had Covid-19, especially men, have subnormal heart pumping function. Ā 

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-09-29/long-covid-long-term-effects-of-coronavirus-include-damage-to-heart-liver-kidneys-oxford-study-reveals

Ā 

Early days yet with regards to this, other studies in other countries have preliminary reports of up to 90% of sufferers having some problems as well. Neurological problems as well as organ problems.

I have that.Ā  They're not sure if it's caused by Covid, but I know I didn't have it a couple of years ago so seems likely to me there's a link.Ā  I'm on various meds to improve the situation but the problem can't actually be reversed totally.

1 hour ago, Alibi said:

I have that.Ā  They're not sure if it's caused by Covid, but I know I didn't have it a couple of years ago so seems likely to me there's a link.Ā  I'm on various meds to improve the situation but the problem can't actually be reversed totally.

There's also stories of folk slowly making recoveries alibi mate, so sorry for bringing the doom and gloom in. I'm hoping it's a temporary situation you find yourself in!

Weirder and weirder.

DUP MP, Jim Shannon was seated at the same dining table in the HoC on Monday, was marked as close contact and told to self isolate.

He's been given the okay to fly back to Belfast, she's been painted as a cross between Rose West and Myra Hindlay for getting the train back to Glasgow.

All seems a bit odd - Serco Track and Trace though.

Ā 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-54385931

3 hours ago, aaid said:

Weirder and weirder.

DUP MP, Jim Shannon was seated at the same dining table in the HoC on Monday, was marked as close contact and told to self isolate.

He's been given the okay to fly back to Belfast, she's been painted as a cross between Rose West and Myra Hindlay for getting the train back to Glasgow.

All seems a bit odd - Serco Track and Trace though.

Ā 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-54385931

Precautionary measure and he's not tested positive though.

Ā 

Trump in hospital as a precaution(probably same situation as Boris, a lot of the same language used in the press release), I see he is being treated with Remdesivir and Dexamethasone as opposed to Hydroxychloroquine. It was a department in Oxford University that found theĀ efficaciousness of the former and the ineffectiveness of the latter.

Seems a few folk have tested positive around his team, let's hope the cluster can be contained. It rampaging through government isn't good especially now.

Ā