Coronavirus - Page 178 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

3 hours ago, kumnio said:

I’ve been told it’s an English and French rig workers who have spread it about, anyone heard similar, or is it shite?

They tested positive, and were told to isolate, they then went on the piss and infected people. If that’s true, they should be jailed for years. 

Shocking if that's true.

2 hours ago, kumnio said:

I’ve been told it’s an English and French rig workers who have spread it about, anyone heard similar, or is it shite?

They tested positive, and were told to isolate, they then went on the piss and infected people. If that’s true, they should be jailed for years. 

So far I’ve been told:

The story above 

A guy that went in a golf outing, got his results in the way home and sat himself in the lounge area of a bar as to not spread it

And also another guy has his photo spread all over Facebook with his young daughter saying it was him. 

Just like I’ve had 3 text messages today from 3 different pals from “a guy that is never wrong” confirming the Aberdeen player is Lewis, Anderson & McKenna. 

The trouble with rumours is that no one actually knows, so will make up any old shite. 

31 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

So far I’ve been told:

The story above 

A guy that went in a golf outing, got his results in the way home and sat himself in the lounge area of a bar as to not spread it

And also another guy has his photo spread all over Facebook with his young daughter saying it was him. 

Just like I’ve had 3 text messages today from 3 different pals from “a guy that is never wrong” confirming the Aberdeen player is Lewis, Anderson & McKenna. 

The trouble with rumours is that no one actually knows, so will make up any old shite. 

could be 2 out of those 3.......

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/2391688/update-second-positive-coronavirus-test-at-aberdeen/

What’s the point in training in a ‘biosecure’ environment if they act like this at the weekends?!?!

53 minutes ago, min said:

could be 2 out of those 3.......

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/2391688/update-second-positive-coronavirus-test-at-aberdeen/

What’s the point in training in a ‘biosecure’ environment if they act like this at the weekends?!?!

I see what you’re saying, but it could’ve easily been picked from someone in their household that had been out too and passed on. They’re as human as the rest of us and decided to go for a drink, it’s had a bad ending, but it could be any one of us at anytime really. 

That’s my 24 year old Step-Daughter and her boyfriend tested positive this morning. 😞

There has been an outbreak at a local pub and She was in the night it has occured. She has been feeling shite the last few days and yesterday lost her sense of smell and taste. Tested this morning on a rapid test scheme and received the bad news. We are hoping her illness is not due to the positive Covid in her system but...... ☹️

1 hour ago, WCTA said:

That’s my 24 year old Step-Daughter and her boyfriend tested positive this morning. 😞

There has been an outbreak at a local pub and She was in the night it has occured. She has been feeling shite the last few days and yesterday lost her sense of smell and taste. Tested this morning on a rapid test scheme and received the bad news. We are hoping her illness is not due to the positive Covid in her system but...... ☹️

Hopefully it's just a minor bout mate.

Where about in America or Scotland?

Just now, phart said:

Hopefully it's just a minor bout mate.

Where about in America or Scotland?

Here by me. There are half a dozen pubs in my wee local town and the only surprise to everyone is that it took as long to have an outbreak such are the morons bouncing around. Half the population think it’s either a fabricated myth or a potion concocted in a lab in some deliberate lefty ploy. 😏

11 hours ago, dandydunn said:

I see what you’re saying, but it could’ve easily been picked from someone in their household that had been out too and passed on. They’re as human as the rest of us and decided to go for a drink, it’s had a bad ending, but it could be any one of us at anytime really. 

If its true theyve broken protocol they deserve every criticism going. 

If i was cormack id be hauling that idiot mcinnes in for an absolute pasting too. 

Thats before we get to them having the nerve to go out after one of the most gutless performances at home for a while. 

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

If its true theyve broken protocol they deserve every criticism going. 

If i was cormack id be hauling that idiot mcinnes in for an absolute pasting too. 

Thats before we get to them having the nerve to go out after one of the most gutless performances at home for a while. 

I would too, but we don’t know the protocol. I’m not Mcinnes biggest fan, but this is not his fault. 

He could tell them until he’s blue 🙈 in the face, but if they still go, he can’t babysit them all the time. 

9 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I would too, but we don’t know the protocol. I’m not Mcinnes biggest fan, but this is not his fault. 

He could tell them until he’s blue 🙈 in the face, but if they still go, he can’t babysit them all the time. 

Out of interest - is the allegation here that players were out and about and not observing social distancing and that's how they've become infected?

Presumably this was after the game on Saturday and so after the cluster in Aberdeen had been identified which would seem to me to be a pretty serious matter if that was the case.   You can give someone some leeway if they weren't aware of any heightened risk, footballers are also being given special treatment anyway in order to get back to playing football earlier so again that's disappointing.

3 minutes ago, aaid said:

Out of interest - is the allegation here that players were out and about and not observing social distancing and that's how they've become infected?

Presumably this was after the game on Saturday and so after the cluster in Aberdeen had been identified which would seem to me to be a pretty serious matter if that was the case.   You can give someone some leeway if they weren't aware of any heightened risk, footballers are also being given special treatment anyway in order to get back to playing football earlier so again that's disappointing.

The news came out about 5:30/6. 

The facts are, no one actually knows the facts of it, they could’ve been out for a meal and caught it then, no one knows apart from the players involved. 

Just now, dandydunn said:

The news came out about 5:30/6. 

The facts are, no one actually knows the facts of it, they could’ve been out for a meal and caught it then, no one knows apart from the players involved. 

Fair enough - from a lot of the commentary it seems like people know more about it but it's probably a case of people putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with the number they want.

6 minutes ago, aaid said:

Fair enough - from a lot of the commentary it seems like people know more about it but it's probably a case of people putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with the number they want.

That’s the joys of Aberdeen. It’s a small city and everyone apparently knows everything 🙄

This could easily have been players at any club, it just happens to be Aberdeen.   It does show me though that a lot - not all - but a lot of footballers think they live in a completely different world from everyone else.

This is like Zimbabwe level corruption and just as ham-fisted and crude. It speaks volumes on the levels of corruption in Westminster. And I am sure the name Prospermill is an (tongue in cheek) insiders joke. They are laughing at us while they do it.

Edited by thplinth

Much more research needed this thing seems to be going for everything, blood, lungs and now brain

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/55-of-coronavirus-patients-still-have-neurological-problems-three-months-later-study-2020-08-07

55% of coronavirus patients still have neurological problems three months later: study

While lung scarring, heart and kidney damage may result from COVID-19, doctors and researchers are starting to clock the potential long-term impact of the virus on the brain also.

Younger COVID-19 patients who were otherwise healthy are suffering blood clots and strokes.

32 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I would have thought there is a good case for delaying the return to schools by a week or so, especially in the Grampian area. Tough decisions to be made.

Yeah, I have no idea what the best practices are for making those sort of decisions.

Seeing Boris talk about a "moral duty" to get schools back just makes me roll my eyes. Israel put schools back and it faciliated a relative disaster, US looks like going that way as well.