Coronavirus - Page 177 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

On 8/4/2020 at 12:20 PM, Parklife said:

A shitstorm coming to Aberdeen, it seems. PB Devco (owner of every wankers favourite spot Soul) to shut its venues. 

Called it. 

10 minutes ago, kumnio said:

This is just going to drag on until we get a vaccine isn’t it 🙁

What’s happening in Melbourne is a signal of what can and will happen. 

Yep. I was working in NSW until Monday there and even as a hospital you could see standards dropping, ED staff no longer wearing masks or checking people’s temps as the came in, high temps not getting covid tested like previously. 

15 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Aberdeen’s inability to ‘stand free’ is going to fuck us all over 😏

😂😂

It’s been coming since pubs reopened, Aberdeen just happened to be the city where it escalated. Will be nationwide before long I would imagine. 

Edited by dandydunn

8 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

😂😂

It’s been coming since pubs reopened, Aberdeen just happened to be the city where it escalated. Will be nationwide before long I would imagine. 

I'm not sure it'll come nationwide, it'll just be locked down locally whenever this happens.

Sturgeon admitted as much earlier - we cannot go back to complete lockdown unless essential as economy/folks jobs depend on it. It's a juggling act.

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

I'm not sure it'll come nationwide, it'll just be locked down locally whenever this happens.

Sturgeon admitted as much earlier - we cannot go back to complete lockdown unless essential as economy/folks jobs depend on it. It's a juggling act.

Yeah, pubs & clubs I mean. Aberdeen probably has the largest number of people coming in and out of the city from all over the world for work and if folk can’t be arsed waiting for test results before going for a pint, then it’ll soon spread to people they’re working or staying with. 

27 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Yeah, pubs & clubs I mean. Aberdeen probably has the largest number of people coming in and out of the city from all over the world for work and if folk can’t be arsed waiting for test results before going for a pint, then it’ll soon spread to people they’re working or staying with. 

Yup, especially with Glasgow and Edinburgh's main sectors still home working.

3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Yup, especially with Glasgow and Edinburgh's main sectors still home working.

It’s not going to make much difference here. My nearest pub in the shire is a 12 minute drive away. Nothing to stop me going, the morons will still be out overcrowding places I’m afraid. 

10 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

It’s not going to make much difference here. My nearest pub in the shire is a 12 minute drive away. Nothing to stop me going, the morons will still be out overcrowding places I’m afraid. 

Hopefully those pubs will make it regulars only and tell you feechie toonsers tae fuk off back to where you came from. :lol:

15 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Hopefully those pubs will make it regulars only and tell you feechie toonsers tae fuk off back to where you came from. :lol:

We’ve already seen profit comes before health. 

I won’t be going anywhere near them. 

14 minutes ago, phart said:

3 weeks without a death now, really good news. Hopefully can get any outbreaks under control and then get good news out of the phase 3 trials of vaccine and see where we are.

Fingers crossed, 3 weeks without a death is very good news and hopefully any local spikes can be controlled.

I’ve been told it’s an English and French rig workers who have spread it about, anyone heard similar, or is it shite?

They tested positive, and were told to isolate, they then went on the piss and infected people. If that’s true, they should be jailed for years.