Coronavirus - Page 173 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

12 hours ago, jailender said:

Anyone who was naive/stupid enough to go to Spain in the current situation has to expect this, so get on with it.

Nonsense. People are entitled to make their own informed decisions as long as they're aware of possible consequences. You and the rest of the thought police can do what they like 😏

I do think the SG has fuked up here. They let themselves be pressurized into easing the restrictions for Spain, then a few days later they had to reimpose them again. If they hadn't let themselves be bullied into lifting the quarantine in the first place, they could have just sat back and been all smug about it.

43 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I do think the SG has fuked up here. They let themselves be pressurized into easing the restrictions for Spain, then a few days later they had to reimpose them again. If they hadn't let themselves be bullied into lifting the quarantine in the first place, they could have just sat back and been all smug about it.

Had the numbers in Spain moved to a level that it was difficult for the SG to keep the quarantine in place, I am not sure what the situation was ? 
But I tend to agree if there was any doubt then they should just have left it in place. Half the folk moaning about quarantine are probably not adhering to it anyway. 

2 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Had the numbers in Spain moved to a level that it was difficult for the SG to keep the quarantine in place, I am not sure what the situation was ? 
But I tend to agree if there was any doubt then they should just have left it in place. Half the folk moaning about quarantine are probably not adhering to it anyway. 

At the time the SG announced that quarantine was to be lifted the numbers in Spain were pretty much the same as they had been when Boris lifted the quarantine about 10 days earlier. If anything there was a very slight upward trend. But we should remember that the number of infections in Spain, is only part of the equation.

In the past couple of days the number of infections in Spain have shot up. I haven't read anything which attempts to explain this increase, yet. Maybe it was all them tourists arriving from England?;)

34 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Does my body my choice extend to covid and vaccinations?

Interesting moral conundrum.  Assuming a vaccine was available.  If you refused to have it, would it be reasonable for public health care to refuse to treat you?  Also, if you knowing infected someone else, should you face criminal proceedings.   

1 hour ago, ParisInAKilt said:

For me it should, however then i'd also allow folk to refuse to treat you or interact with you etc.

Big Boy choices allowed for everyone.

1 hour ago, ParisInAKilt said:

We dont live in a country/world where you are forced to get vaccinated do we? Its all a bit crazy people talk though, do you think Bill Gates is secretly trying to blah blah ......

10 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Why would you decide not to get a vaccine? 

7 minutes ago, kumnio said:

You've missed a lot. Paris is Scotty2 now.

Haha steady on, more of a moral question rather than what I would or wouldn’t do, although as a health worker I’d imagine I’d be mandated to get a vaccination if and when it’s available.  

Edited by ParisInAKilt

1 minute ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Haha steady on, more of a moral question rather than what I would or wouldn’t do, although as a health worker I’d imagine I’d be mandated to get a vaccination if and when it’s available.  

How is getting vaccinated against a virus a moral issue?

46 minutes ago, aaid said:

Interesting moral conundrum.  Assuming a vaccine was available.  If you refused to have it, would it be reasonable for public health care to refuse to treat you?  Also, if you knowing infected someone else, should you face criminal proceedings.   

19 minutes ago, phart said:

For me it should, however then i'd also allow folk to refuse to treat you or interact with you etc.

Big Boy choices allowed for everyone.

Agreed. 

I think it would be reasonable to decline people treatment.

4 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Some people don’t trust vaccinations so would need to be forced to have one. 

I fucked my initial reply up.

I agree that forcing someone to have a vaccination is a moral decision, and Id say its wrong to force them. But opting out or against having a vaccination yourself, isnt a moral decision IMO

If someone is anti science, or believes some B rate celebrity, thats up to them.

Edited by kumnio

24 minutes ago, kumnio said:

I fucked my initial reply up.

I agree that forcing someone to have a vaccination is a moral decision, and Id say its wrong to force them. But opting out or against having a vaccination yourself, isnt a moral decision IMO

If someone is anti science, or believes some B rate celebrity, thats up to them.

The moral question comes into play because you can potentially infect others.   

If it were just a case of you being infected and not passing it on, then it's just your choice as you can do no harm to others by your action - or inaction in this case.

12 minutes ago, aaid said:

The moral question comes into play because you can potentially infect others.   

If it were just a case of you being infected and not passing it on, then it's just your choice as you can do no harm to others by your action - or inaction in this case.

Fair point in theory.

The anti vaxxers will mainly be the type of people who think corona virus is a main stream media scam. I doubt the lunatics will believe passing on a fake virus is possible anyway.

No such thing as anti vaccine. Just another lazy pejorative. They believe some vaccines are unsafe due to the methods by which they are manufactured. No one is anti vaccine if they believed they were safe.

What I find curious is the 'pro vaxxers' all get vaccinated and so are now presumably safe.... but that is not enough for them... they have to force it on people who choose not to have it. The only people who are endangered are fellow people who don't want a vaccine. But no we are not forcing them... only going to deny them medical treatment if they don't get it, stop them flying, shit like that.

Yeah let's go down that road... how about fat cunts not getting medical treatment for all the ailments their lifestyle choices has made, Type II diabetes etc... Those choices were not even based on a genuine fear of vaccine damage... just being a fat lazy overeating cunt. Or smokers... or drinkers... they still get treatment but not someone who does not inject themselves with something you say they have to.

Do you get all you lifetime's contribution NHS tax money back then if you decide to opt out of the vaccine?

How can people be so fucking stupid to trust these big pharmaceutical companies. Mugs.

3 minutes ago, thplinth said:

What I find curious is the 'pro vaxxers' all get vaccinated and so are now presumably safe.... but that is not enough for them... they have to force it on people who choose not to have it. The only people who are endangered are fellow people who don't want a vaccine. But no we are not forcing them... only going to deny them medical treatment if they don't get it, stop them flying, shit like that.

That's not how vaccines work though. Very few vaccines will give 100% of people vaccinated total immunity. With most vaccines not everybody will be immune and nobody will be immune forever. Depending on the virus, we need different proportions of the population to be vaccinated to give a sufficient level of population immunity to drive the number of infections down to a level where the virus is under control.  

16 minutes ago, thplinth said:

No such thing as anti vaccine. Just another lazy pejorative. They believe some vaccines are unsafe due to the methods by which they are manufactured. No one is anti vaccine if they believed they were safe.

Yeah let's go down that road... how about fat cunts not getting medical treatment for all the ailments their lifestyle choices has made, Type II diabetes etc... Those choices were not even based on a genuine fear of vaccine damage... just being a fat lazy overeating cunt. Or smokers... or drinkers... they still get treatment but not someone who does not inject themselves with something you say they have to.

Do you get all you lifetime's contribution NHS tax money back then if you decide to opt out of the vaccine?

How can people be so fucking stupid to trust these big pharmaceutical companies. Mugs.

100% this. If they do make it compulsory I think they'll have a fight on their hands.