Coronavirus - Page 168 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

17 minutes ago, teecee- said:

Agree not so many medical workers going abroad on holiday. When UK quarantine was established essential health workers were exempt from the 2 week isolation when entering the country, The Scottish Govt opted out of this therefore classing Doctors and Nurses etc as non essential workers ( hard to believe). Upshot is any Scottish medical worker returning from Spain has 2 weeks quarantine whilst RUK  straight back to work. Another Dear Leader pearl.

You really should give up before you make an arse of yourself

Who would have thought the Covid response whingers would be Scottish Unionists and Brexiteers

It must take a lot of effort to be that much of a cunt on a daily basis

3 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Just been on FB with reeeky sporran.  One of the nicest guys I have had the fortune to go on trips with. I also played in the team he supports every week. He was a great poster on here but left because of the personal abuse.  Luckily I have big shoulders and never quit.  Also on FB with Big Ramy who is a good poster and a good man.  Doesn't hide behind a keyboard and send insults.  He is man enough and that will do for me.  Rant over.

I mind Parklife got 3 days in the clink for calling him "Mr Scotland" the vitriol was insane... How he survived that i'll never know.

6 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Just been on FB with reeeky sporran.  One of the nicest guys I have had the fortune to go on trips with. I also played in the team he supports every week. He was a great poster on here but left because of the personal abuse.  Luckily I have big shoulders and never quit.  Also on FB with Big Ramy who is a good poster and a good man.  Doesn't hide behind a keyboard and send insults.  He is man enough and that will do for me.  Rant over.

You're always going on about the banter. I send you a wee tease, related to a post about moany old gits, and you take such offence that you feel the need to have a 'rant'about personal insults? 😂

1 hour ago, phart said:

I don't understand why Spain is quarantine when France is not, it's using the past and not projections of the future to make policy.

It's a moving target you throw where it's goingto be not where it is.

Last i looked France 7 day average was 3 times higher than Spains and projected to be a lot higher too.

I'd not be travelling anywhere it's irresponsible as i said a few pages back this is just the beginning.

I think a big factor in the France V Spain thing, is the number of people from Scotland expected to travel to each country. 

Personally, I would have a quarantine in place for all countries, especially England. 

1 hour ago, teecee- said:

Agree not so many medical workers going abroad on holiday. When UK quarantine was established essential health workers were exempt from the 2 week isolation when entering the country, The Scottish Govt opted out of this therefore classing Doctors and Nurses etc as non essential workers ( hard to believe). Upshot is any Scottish medical worker returning from Spain has 2 weeks quarantine whilst RUK  straight back to work. Another Dear Leader pearl.

Do your trousers stink of piss?

19 hours ago, Farcity said:

Do you sit at home with a pair of underpants on your head, with a pencil up each nostril whilst muttering wibble repeatedly? 

I take it your an adult?? if so that post embarrassing. Rolling Hills right some posters need  a little restraint.

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Who would have thought the Covid response whingers would be Scottish Unionists and Brexiteer

Don't belong to either, voted Nationalist all my life and after the virus  Brexit the biggest threat to Scotland.

1 hour ago, phart said:

I don't understand why Spain is quarantine when France is not, it's using the past and not projections of the future to make policy.

It's a moving target you throw where it's goingto be not where it is.

Last i looked France 7 day average was 3 times higher than Spains and projected to be a lot higher too.

I'd not be travelling anywhere it's irresponsible as i said a few pages back this is just the beginning.

I was also surprised about Spain and would love to know where Scot Gov. get their stats from as I can't find anything to corroborate.

Think they based the decision on estimated current infections (not past or projected) and gave the figures as Scotland = currently 28 out of every 100,000 people infected and Spain 330 out of 100,000 The UK as a whole was less than half Spain. 

Would be interested to see the estimated current infection rates in all countries.

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

You really should give up before you make an arse of yourself

Who would have thought the Covid response whingers would be Scottish Unionists and Brexiteers

It must take a lot of effort to be that much of a cunt on a daily basis

Can't have been too many people from Bishopbriggs on that flight back from Alicante, I wouldn't have thought.

18 minutes ago, min said:

I was also surprised about Spain and would love to know where Scot Gov. get their stats from as I can't find anything to corroborate.

Think they based the decision on estimated current infections (not past or projected) and gave the figures as Scotland = currently 28 out of every 100,000 people infected and Spain 330 out of 100,000 The UK as a whole was less than half Spain. 

Would be interested to see the estimated current infection rates in all countries.

I was surprised to see Italy being on the list of countries you can visit but not quarantine even though it was the hardest hit country in Europe in terms of deaths and infections 

17 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

I was surprised to see Italy being on the list of countries you can visit but not quarantine even though it was the hardest hit country in Europe in terms of deaths and infections 

The number of deaths that a country has had, has very little impact on the calculation.

40 minutes ago, aaid said:

Can't have been too many people from Bishopbriggs on that flight back from Alicante, I wouldn't have thought.

You normally a reasonable poster ages with myself - maybe?? you did your flight research which is fine but then couldn't help yourself. Disagree or don't believe is fine but keep it amicable. Thanks.

41 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

Given that we're the worst in Europe, places should be banning us sadly.

Sooner we get our own passports following indy the better.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

5 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

A bit of a sweeping statement x

🤔 Did I forget to mention they are also often sensitive to criticism ...

Might be a bit exaggerated for effect,  but I will eat my Sunday best hat if a large percentage  of older folk flying just now dont have that attitude. 
X

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

I think a big factor in the France V Spain thing, is the number of people from Scotland expected to travel to each country. 

Personally, I would have a quarantine in place for all countries, especially England. 

I've no idea I just have the raw numbers to look at, I've no idea what the best practices are for management of something like this, just what pops up in my head with the limited knowledge i have.

I'd also be more cautious but then I don't have a business and i'm an unpaid carer so hardly losing out in a fortune in wages etc. So easy for me to be cautious as nothing on the line.

It's really starting to ramp up now world wide, one of my smart friends (geneticist) reckons it wont ever go away will have to keep innoculating against it as it mutates... Shouldn't have phone the cant!

1 hour ago, teecee- said:

Don't belong to either, voted Nationalist all my life and after the virus  Brexit the biggest threat to Scotland.

Apologies

However your posts certainly didnt suggest that

39 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Apologies

However your posts certainly didnt suggest that

My posts are anti NS and her gov, never anti Scotland.  Scotland Independent in Europe hopefully soon and a gloat at Gove. Thanks for apology.

2 hours ago, teecee- said:

I take it your an adult?? if so that post embarrassing. Rolling Hills right some posters need  a little restraint.

The reason I asked is because on the amount of pish that comes out of you. What is embarrassing is telling blatant lies on a message board. 

41 minutes ago, Farcity said:

The reason I asked is because on the amount of pish that comes out of you. What is embarrassing is telling blatant lies on a message board. 

Been called many things but very rarely  a liar. But so be it. Thanks for that.

22 minutes ago, slasher said:

Not telling anyone what to do or think but I'm really glad we made the decision to come away. 😎

That was my thinking last week but now in quarantine i'm beginning to have second thoughts.