Coronavirus - Page 167 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

Meanwhile

Scots have to quarantine for 2 weeks on arrival if they travel to Ireland because of the rest of the UK's infection rate

16 minutes ago, teecee- said:

Not if their destination has a lower infection rate than us. Costa Brava, Canary Isles and Balearics do have.

I thought you were flying back from Alicante ? Is that not Costa Blanca ? 
The point is the situation can change at at anytime . Costa del Sol has seen a resurgence of the virus  since holidaymakers started returning. If I were in my 70’s and 80’s I dont think I would  be taking the chance. 

1 hour ago, teecee- said:

Thanks for that, only telling lies. If you think hassling pensioners is boring so be it

Fixed it for you. 

Hassling pensioners eh? Refusing to let them into the country? I'd suggest you are talking utter shite. 

7 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I thought you were flying back from Alicante ? Is that not Costa Blanca ? 
The point is the situation can change at at anytime . Costa del Sol has seen a resurgence of the virus  since holidaymakers started returning. If I were in my 70’s and 80’s I dont think I would  be taking the chance. 

Just noticed my error thanks  Costa Blanca is correct old age and sunstroke to blame. On your point  I tend to agree with your take on it   being ill in a foreign country not recommended.  

1 hour ago, teecee- said:

Ryanair Alicante to Prestwick  09/07/2020. Touched down at 2355- late due to changing plane.

Is that the Ryanair flight FR962 from Alicante to Prestwick on 9/7/2020 that landed at 2255 according to Flightradar? 

10 minutes ago, Farcity said:

Fixed it for you. 

Hassling pensioners eh? Refusing to let them into the country? I'd suggest you are talking utter shite. 

Agree with you utter shite,  threatening folk with no foundation as cannot deny entry to UK citizens.

1 minute ago, Farcity said:

Is that the Ryanair flight FR962 from Alicante to Prestwick on 9/7/2020 that landed at 2255 according to Flightradar? 

2355 it landed, delayed as we had to change planes. thanks for research.

1 minute ago, teecee- said:

Agree with you utter shite,  threatening folk with no foundation as cannot deny entry to UK citizens.

Yet you will have us believe they attempted to anyway? Are you sure it wasn't Nicola Sturgeon herself firing out the threats? Did she tell the pensioners after they became visibly upset that she was only kidding and that " I had you there eh? Eh?"  Perhaps she was dressed up with one of those Adolf Hitler masks just for a laugh. 

Nah, I didn't think so. 

Do you sit at home with a pair of underpants on your head, with a pencil up each nostril whilst muttering wibble repeatedly? 

7 minutes ago, teecee- said:

What did these threats involve? What were they actually threatening to do to them? Steal their talcum powder before bundling them back onto a plane bound to one of those black sites for a full interrogation? 

Just now, Farcity said:

What did these threats involve? What were they actually threatening to do to them? Steal their talcum powder before bundling them back onto a plane bound to one of those black sites for a full interrogation? 

That's what I was thinking at the time, they gonna send them back to Alicante? Absurd situation.

43 minutes ago, teecee- said:

Just noticed my error thanks  Costa Blanca is correct old age and sunstroke to blame. On your point  I tend to agree with your take on it   being ill in a foreign country not recommended.  

👍 

Canny tell the difference between all those damn costas,  eh 🙂

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Strange priority. 
I think people in their 70’s and 80’s who are travelling abroad at this time might have more to worry about than filling in a form. 

See this is the mad bit. My neighbours are old (70s and near 80 with heart problems..serious) and they've been very lax, meeting other elderly friends with virtually zero distancing from day 1. My household is one oldish git and 2 youngters and we've been 100% sensible.

Don't get it.

Though I have to say the obvious difference is that we are surrounded by English retirees who interpret rules in a different  way to.us.

3 hours ago, teecee- said:

Just out of interest , would you class the medical workers and others key workers who have worked during the pandemic as selfish if they went on holiday?

Since the pandemic isn’t over I’d imagine they wont be getting a holiday anytime soon. And if they do get a break, I’d take a guess that after knocking their pan in the last few months, surronded by absolute chaos, the last think they would want to do was fly off to the Med in an aeroplane rammed with moaning old bastards like you, whinging about Sturgeon, forms and apps. 🤷‍♂️

6 hours ago, teecee- said:

Not if their destination has a lower infection rate than us. Costa Brava, Canary Isles and Balearics do have.

so you are saying the selfish cunts might have carried virus there & increased the infection rate ?

12 hours ago, mariokempes56 said:

See this is the mad bit. My neighbours are old (70s and near 80 with heart problems..serious) and they've been very lax, meeting other elderly friends with virtually zero distancing from day 1. My household is one oldish git and 2 youngters and we've been 100% sensible.

Don't get it.

Though I have to say the obvious difference is that we are surrounded by English retirees who interpret rules in a different  way to.us.

To some extent I can understand older people thinking ‘fook it’ I am old, I may not have long to live no matter what, so I am going on this holiday. That relaxed attitude however does not really resonate with someone who is frightened about having to fill in a couple of forms. 
More like moany old gits who think because they have survived the war they are immortal and that nothing is getting in the way of their karaoke and bingo in Benidorm. Probably the same folk who moan at kids for kicking a ball outside their house after 7 pm. 

19 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

To some extent I can understand older people thinking ‘fook it’ I am old, I may not have long to live no matter what, so I am going on this holiday. That relaxed attitude however does not really resonate with someone who is frightened about having to fill in a couple of forms. 
More like moany old gits who think because they have survived the war they are immortal and that nothing is getting in the way of their karaoke and bingo in Benidorm. Probably the same folk who moan at kids for kicking a ball outside their house after 7 pm. 

A bit of a sweeping statement x

I've been supermarket twice and out of town shopping park since the mask thing and can honestly count the number of folk not wearing them on two hands.  

Bloke in the co-op last night looked at me like I was a knob head for wearing a mask.  Wasn't so smug when the young lad built like a brick shit house at the check-out made him scan his own half trolley worth of shopping.  Wasn't looking happy when gave him a 'see you later mate' as went past him out of the shop whilst he was struggling weigh his carrots.    

14 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Since the pandemic isn’t over I’d imagine they wont be getting a holiday anytime soon. And if they do get a break, I’d take a guess that after knocking their pan in the last few months, surronded by absolute chaos, the last think they would want to do was fly off to the Med in an aeroplane rammed with moaning old bastards like you, whinging about Sturgeon, forms and apps. 🤷‍♂️

Agree not so many medical workers going abroad on holiday. When UK quarantine was established essential health workers were exempt from the 2 week isolation when entering the country, The Scottish Govt opted out of this therefore classing Doctors and Nurses etc as non essential workers ( hard to believe). Upshot is any Scottish medical worker returning from Spain has 2 weeks quarantine whilst RUK  straight back to work. Another Dear Leader pearl.

5 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

If the cap fits...

Just been on FB with reeeky sporran.  One of the nicest guys I have had the fortune to go on trips with. I also played in the team he supports every week. He was a great poster on here but left because of the personal abuse.  Luckily I have big shoulders and never quit.  Also on FB with Big Ramy who is a good poster and a good man.  Doesn't hide behind a keyboard and send insults.  He is man enough and that will do for me.  Rant over.

I don't understand why Spain is quarantine when France is not, it's using the past and not projections of the future to make policy.

It's a moving target you throw where it's goingto be not where it is.

Last i looked France 7 day average was 3 times higher than Spains and projected to be a lot higher too.

I'd not be travelling anywhere it's irresponsible as i said a few pages back this is just the beginning.